Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2011, 08:21 PM

39,974 posts, read 26,810,720 times

Advertisements

All I would ask is that Holder and ATF employees are held to the same standards other firearms sellers are. If a FFL-licensed gun sale makes a sale to someone knowing that they are not legal to purchase a firearm, what are the charges and what sentence is the seller in for? How about a licensed dealer that makes a known "straw man" sale (where a person is known to buy a gun for someone not legal to make the purchase)? I would simply like Holder to receive the same sentence any other seller would. I may be wrong, but I believe that both of these crimes have 5 year federal sentences...for each sale. Now...just how many guns were sold illegally under Holder's orders? Seems like it was 2000 or so... See ya in 12111, Eric, buddy. Don't drop the soap, you lieing, pretentious scumbag. Or better yet, do, I can't see it happening to a better "guy".

We have honest citizen in jail at the hands of the ATF because a dirty gun (sticky firing pin) "doubled" (shot more than one round) at a range. Yet Holder, et al, sell thousands of guns into criminal hands...and get, what, a sharply worded letter? All as a means of generating support for infringing on the civil rights of honest Americans. THIS POS NEEDS TO BE IN PRISON FOR A LONG, LONG TIME.

Last edited by Toyman at Jewel Lake; 12-09-2011 at 09:11 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2011, 08:52 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,979,546 times
Even the most staunch liberal should be outraged at what this administration has done. It is not only criminal but reflects on the entire liberal belief system. How could any liberal condone this with a clear conscious. This is reprehensible.

Old 12-10-2011, 07:08 AM

41,325 posts, read 45,181,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Even the most staunch liberal should be outraged at what this administration has done. It is not only criminal but reflects on the entire liberal belief system. How could any liberal condone this with a clear conscious. This is reprehensible.
Most won't, which is why they are trying to ignore the scandal.

We have NO DOUBT what their reaction would be if this were a republican administration.

Don't worry though, the GOP nominee WILL bring it up, FORCING the MSM to cover it.

Old 12-10-2011, 07:17 AM

24,559 posts, read 23,306,135 times
If they wanted gun regulations, they've failed miserably. Gun purchases continue to increase, license to carry permits continue to increase, the only thing that isn't increasing is gun crime and criminal homicides.

Old 12-10-2011, 07:21 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,388,200 times
Obama has his dirty corrupt hands all over this and in time he should be held responsible for the border patrol agents death caused by his radical agenda to take away our right to have guns.

Another win for the American people is to stop Obama from taking away our right to have guns.

Old 12-10-2011, 07:26 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,979,546 times
It is very quiet on this thread from the liberal perspective. Only a fool would address it and try to spin this in a favorable light for the administration. I am impressed libs. You actually must see this for the devestating blow to the administration that it is. Your president could well be impeached for this and there could well be jail terms for many involved.

Old 12-11-2011, 04:57 PM

785 posts, read 622,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
It is very quiet on this thread from the liberal perspective. Only a fool would address it and try to spin this in a favorable light for the administration. I am impressed libs. You actually must see this for the devestating blow to the administration that it is. Your president could well be impeached for this and there could well be jail terms for many involved.
We can see how devastating this can and will be to not only the President, but the liberal talking points on gun control, by how shockingly silent the libs are here.

Old 12-11-2011, 04:59 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,181,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtruth View Post
We can see how devastating this can and will be to not only the President, but the liberal talking points on gun control, by how shockingly silent the libs are here.
The GOP candidate, RNC and conservative groups will FORCE the media to talk about it next year.

Old 12-11-2011, 05:13 PM

785 posts, read 622,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
The GOP candidate, RNC and conservative groups will FORCE the media to talk about it next year.
I hope so, I am not confident in their courage. They should have been all over this earlier and they aren't banging it that hard yet. They are afraid of being called "Raaaaacists".

Old 12-11-2011, 05:28 PM

6,721 posts, read 5,234,929 times
enlighten me, citation for where source that there were tracing devices on the guns walked under Wide Receiver. There were 450 plus guns in that program and several hundred other guns in smaller programs pre-obama.

think you got the fact twisted a bit. eTrace is not an enplanted device it is a serial number tracing software program. there were not tracing device on early gun.

Quote:
As for its predecessor, "Wide Receiver,": prosecutors finally, quietly, rounded up seven suspects last fall. No cartel leaders, just buyers who - critics say - should never have been allowed to put even one weapon on the street, let alone operate for years.

Detty said, "My first day as an informant, if they had said, 'Here's our plan, Mike: We're going to let as many guns go across the border as they can haul, and we're just gonna look and see where they pop up,' I'd have said, 'No way. That's not a plan. That's idiocy.' "
Informant: ATF "gun walking" went on for years - CBS News

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
As you've been TOLD before this is false. The two are not the same. Operation Wide Receiver was a JOINT effort between the US/Mexico and they actually had TRACERS on the few hundred guns that went across the border. When they realized some of those guns couldn't be traced properly, the operation stopped. Unlike the operation under Holder, where they NEVER even tried to trace the guns, had NO intention of ever doing so.

Fast & Furious is completely different, as you must know by now, but the reason you keep IGNORING that is because you must know how bad this will get for obama.

See, selling thousands of guns, guns that have been used to murder hundreds in Mexico and border agents in the US, then LYING about the operation, getting caught LYING about the operation and then the public finding out the main purpose of F&F was so the obama administration could claim guns going into Mexico justifies stricter gun control laws.

If you don't understand the difference, that is a shame, but totally EXPECTED as a staunch obama defender.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies