Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2011, 10:36 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,459,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
You love what, your ignorance? When I fell off my deck 2 years ago, they treated me and then asked me if I would qualify for financial assistance.. that was BEFORE Obamacare..
This is a fact that the Left will NEVER acknowledge. You can make payments or get charity care. It's ALWAYS been like that!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2011, 10:41 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,863,405 times
Quote:
I know the rest of you will have to pay under Obamacare.. THATS THE POINT and why its a failure
The rest of us have to pay now, and that will continue until the exchange opens and many start participating. There will, of course, be some who will try to make a political point, and stay out of the system until the economics of the fine makes the deadbeats realize, it's less costly to own up to their own responsibility. But while they play their games, they may well feel comfortable passing the risk to others. Many certainly do now.

Old 12-07-2011, 11:35 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,830,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
But she obviously CAN afford it. She all of a sudden came up with the money to buy it after she got sick. She isn't getting it any cheaper than before! This is all BS twists and turns to make things look good. The bottom line is, this woman didn't WANT insurance and thought she could get away without it and dropped it. She wasn't priced out of it because she JUST PURCHASED IT! Now that she got sick, she wanted coverage again and got denied, rightfully.

I think the lot of you must have some issues. The lady said they were paying $1300 per month at one time for insurance. That is extremely high. She is now on the PCIP plan which costs significantly less, which is how they can afford to pay for it now...duh!!

Just so you know did a quick google for PCIP in California it states that for a "50 year old subscriber in San Francisco" the rate would be $428 per month. That is MUCH less than $1K and is much more affordable. That is how she was able to pay. Without this plan this lady would not be able to get treatment or she could divorce her husband and apply for Medicaid. Which would you prefer, her to actually pay something toward her healthcare or for her to pay nothing on Medicaid.

Old 12-07-2011, 12:51 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,534,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
In two years this will be hoisted entirely upon insurance companies with no six month wait to die grace period like the government has given itself. So you don't need insurance. You wait around and if you get sick you walk into blue cross and get you a policy that they by law have to give you. Walk across the street to the hospital and toss the policy at the hospital, get treated, then when you are "fixed" walk back to blue cross and toss em the million dollar bill, cancel your policy, say thanks and go home. What a great idea.
I dont give a crap about greedy ins. companies going under. How do you think they make a profit? By s*&** people thats how

Old 12-07-2011, 01:02 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,956,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25
In two years this will be hoisted entirely upon insurance companies with no six month wait to die grace period like the government has given itself. So you don't need insurance. You wait around and if you get sick you walk into blue cross and get you a policy that they by law have to give you. Walk across the street to the hospital and toss the policy at the hospital, get treated, then when you are "fixed" walk back to blue cross and toss em the million dollar bill, cancel your policy, say thanks and go home. What a great idea.
That's exactly why there is a health care mandate (either an employer or individual is mandated to obtain private health insurance) in the new law -- to prevent what you just described.

Old 12-07-2011, 01:21 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,017,439 times
That is unconstitutional. Even if the supremes are bought off then you pay the fine which is cheaper. Meanwhile every business in the country will dump their health insurance and let the government pay for it. That is not jiggered into their idiotic spreadsheets on how this will all be payed for.

Old 12-07-2011, 01:22 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,017,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
I dont give a crap about greedy ins. companies going under. How do you think they make a profit? By s*&** people thats how
Of course you don't. You think the government will provide all for all for free.

Old 12-07-2011, 01:30 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,065,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
This is a fact that the Left will NEVER acknowledge. You can make payments or get charity care. It's ALWAYS been like that!
Oh, yes those charity fundraisers that neighbors put together. Yeah, that is a brilliant and reliable source for the majority of those who cannot afford the cost of treatment. As for making payments... how risible.
Long term, cancer treatment costs can have a devastating effect on people's financial well-being. A study by researchers at Seattle's Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center found that in western Washington state, 0.5 percent of cancer patients declared bankruptcy in the first year after their diagnosis. Five years following diagnosis, the percentage was 1.9. By comparison, just 0.28 percent of the general population declared bankruptcy over a 10-year period.
When Battling Cancer, Patients Often Face Hefty Expenses - Kaiser Health News

Old 12-07-2011, 01:39 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,065,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
How hard is it to understand?
Let's see...

Quote:
In two years when private insurance is forced to take on these pre existing plans they will go out of businesss.
Ah, that is the reason why there is an individual mandate i.e., the healthy contribute to those to the pool of the insured thus allowing PRIVATE insurance companies to absorb the added cost.

Quote:
There is no need to have insurace because you get sick sign up and tada it's all free.
REMEMBER THE INDIVIDUAL MANDATE!!!!

Quote:
Now the governemnt has complete control of everyone,
Male bovine fecal matter.

Quote:
what hospitals have to do and how much they get paid.
Private insurers already do that.

Quote:
If you can't understand what is coming down the pike then just keep playing the everything is great game and hey it's all free too.
I prefer to deal in facts, not supposition and runaway unfounded paranoia.

Quote:
Fact is somebody has to pay for it.
Remember The Individual Mandate?!?!

Old 12-07-2011, 02:13 PM

37,138 posts, read 42,234,436 times
Quote:
Yeah, I read the article.. She claims she was priced out of it, but all of a sudden can now afford it when she needs it.. shocking
What's shocking is how you and SourD can read but not comprehend. She could not afford it. Now, AND ONLY NOW, is she elegible for an insurance product through the state (PCIP) that was not previously available to her. If it had been she would have bought it and would not have been uninsured.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies