Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2011, 03:06 PM

8,237 posts, read 13,531,405 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
Occupy Wall Street vs. The Tea Party

I'll take the chick with pink hair any day.
Agreed!

Old 12-02-2011, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
Trust me, you aint seen nothing yet.
Ready, you ready?

Old 12-02-2011, 03:10 PM

3,498 posts, read 2,221,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
Ready, you ready?
Always. <-- cracks knuckles, I once made someone bow out of a thread and run with their tails between their legs. Ask around if you don't believe.

Old 12-02-2011, 03:13 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,862,984 times
Quote:
And I have debunked everything you have clamied and you give NOTHING.
Because you have nothing.
I didn't make any claims, how did you debunk a question that you never answered?

Old 12-02-2011, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
I didn't make any claims, how did you debunk a question that you never answered?

You didn't make claims? How about post #10? I rebutted that with historical events...

again....remember the definition of insanity.

Old 12-02-2011, 03:16 PM

3,498 posts, read 2,221,898 times
Quote:

Quote:
the Tea Party was non-violent

Old 12-02-2011, 03:24 PM

Quote:
You didn't make claims? How about post #10? I rebutted that with historical events...

again....remember the definition of insanity.
Post #10 is fact, you can't refute that with facts about other events. It happened, accept that those things happened and deal with it.

Old 12-02-2011, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Post #10 is fact, you can't refute that with facts about other events. It happened, accept that those things happened and deal with it.

The OWS does indeed advocate and encourage this behavior of vandalizing property. Completely valid point.

This is not true.

Business stoppage like shutting down the port of LA was an openly stated goal, that wasn't an accident or byproduct of a protest. It was completely avoidable, don't start a protest with the goal of shutting down the port and it probably won't happen.

Learn your history, these same things have happened throughout our nations history. Ever heard of a little thing called the Boston Tea Party?

These very things have changed history and one of them you are claiming to be a part of. You don't even know your own history!

Old 12-02-2011, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinny Puppy View Post
Great, now we're getting somewhere. I agree that there was indeed instances of violence at Tea Party events. We've seen a couple links proving that those things did happen.

Now, based on FACT there have been way more instances of violence at OWS events. There have been hundreds, maybe a thousand instances of violence and many thousands of arrests at OWS events.

I'm saying that the Tea Party events were nowhere near as violent as the OWS have been and the number of people arrested at Tea Party events has been miniscule compared to the OWS protests.

If you have numbers to prove me wrong then please, answer my original question back in post #8 and prove me wrong. I would LOVE to see numbers showing how many people were arrested at Tea Party events compared to OWS protests.

Old 12-02-2011, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Great, now we're getting somewhere. I agree that there was indeed instances of violence at Tea Party events. We've seen a couple links proving that those things did happen.

Now, based on FACT there have been way more instances of violence at OWS events. There have been hundreds, maybe a thousand instances of violence and many thousands of arrests at OWS events.

I'm saying that the Tea Party events were nowhere near as violent as the OWS have been and the number of people arrested at Tea Party events has been miniscule compared to the OWS protests.

If you have numbers to prove me wrong then please, answer my original question back in post #8 and prove me wrong. I would LOVE to see numbers showing how many people were arrested at Tea Party events compared to OWS protests.

Overall the protestors are peaceful. You can sit and watch live stream of it quit frequently. There are the fringe and those who provoke and no matter your cause you will always have that. So trying to pin that solely on OWS, is in your case.......FAIL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies