Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2011, 09:31 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,924,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
So back to the topic of the thread....

Does anyone find it interesting that Bloomberg was first against the protesters and was ready to evict them and then backed down ?
Anyone notice the same happened in Oakland only it got a tad bit violent when the police tried to evict them ?

In both cases the mayors backed down and took a total 360 to the issue.
They are ignoring complaints from the local residents and businesses and telling the police to back down.
I know Bloomberg's reason. He does Obama's bidding and wants to be Sec. of the Treasury when Geithner leaves. For some yet untold reason George Soros aslso had a meeting with NYPD Chief Ray Kelly last week. Apparently spooky dude told Kelly how things work in the globalist world.

As to Oakland, I haven't followed every occupy squatter city but I suspect Gov. Brown is betting his political career on doing Obama's bidding as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

8,104 posts, read 3,958,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
Repealing the Glass-Steagall act was a huge mistake I agree. The Gramm–Leach–Bliley Act of 1999 was passed by a Republican majority and signed into law by Bill Clinton.
Again it was the government not Wall Street which is exactly what Bloomberg said.

And who also were politicians in the government that stood by it all?

High Flying Wall Street Banksters

41,325 posts, read 44,935,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
So banks are not to blame for giving mortgages to people who couldn't pay for them? Who gave those people the mortgages?
The banks were forced by the politicians.

Old 11-01-2011, 09:32 PM

1,568 posts, read 1,551,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
The banks were forced by the politicians.
True dat. Janet Reno and Andrew Cuomo were the chief enforcers.

Old 11-01-2011, 09:34 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,460,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
Exactly Texan.

The Bankster turned Politicians helped themselves and their cronies and knew dam well what they were doing.

Now, put your tin foil hat on for this next sentence.

They know and knew then that what was going to happen and is happening is now is not MATHEMATICALLY possible to sustain and is all part of a grand design.

Unless some people want to really believe that politicians and banker politicians are really looking out for the little American's LOL.

No, this is all planned by design, and the accounting that the government has access to is more in depth and concise than any one of us have. They have it all at their disposal.

As time goes on, it is going to get more interesting

You can count on it!

Edit : Think about all the cd's and investments that these people were pawing off on foreign countries and now look where the global economy is because of this.
I agree. And these protests will amount to nothing but violence.
Hope for the best but prepare for the worst.

Old 11-01-2011, 09:34 PM

5,113 posts, read 5,970,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
So back to the topic of the thread....

Does anyone find it interesting that Bloomberg was first against the protesters and was ready to evict them and then backed down ?
Anyone notice the same happened in Oakland only it got a tad bit violent when the police tried to evict them ?

In both cases the mayors backed down and took a total 360 to the issue.
They are ignoring complaints from the local residents and businesses and telling the police to back down.
There are several similarities between most of the major protests ... including the Denver protest. What you mentioned and another is that Denver and Oakland both have new police chiefs and agitators were present that seemed out of place, provoking violence with the police and the other more peaceful protesters were trying to stop the agitators. Another interesting note is that the Mayor of Oakland was at the White House the day before the violence started.

Old 11-01-2011, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
Exactly Texan.

The Bankster turned Politicians helped themselves and their cronies and knew dam well what they were doing.

Now, put your tin foil hat on for this next sentence.

They know and knew then that what was going to happen and is happening is now is not MATHEMATICALLY possible to sustain and is all part of a grand design.

Unless some people want to really believe that politicians and banker politicians are really looking out for the little American's LOL.

No, this is all planned by design, and the accounting that the government has access to is more in depth and concise than any one of us have. They have it all at their disposal.

As time goes on, it is going to get more interesting

You can count on it!

Edit : Think about all the cd's and investments that these people were pawing off on foreign countries and now look where the global economy is because of this.
Financial Weapons of Mass Destruction!
I assume you meant CDO's not cd's. The economy of United States is currently in the process of collapse. I'm sure you already know about the Trillions in derivatives that were just transferred from investment firms to FDIC accounts, making them insured by the American tax payers, These derivatives are toxic ... And that MP Global just filed for bankruptcy ...

Old 11-01-2011, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
I assume you meant CDO's not cd's. The economy of United States is currently in the process of collapse. I'm sure you already know about the Trillions in derivatives that were just transferred from investment firms to FDIC accounts, making them insured by the American tax payers, These derivatives are toxic ... And that MP Global just filed for bankruptcy ...
Do you have a link for that? I'm not doubting your information but would like to read it myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
There are several similarities between most of the major protests ... including the Denver protest. What you mentioned and another is that Denver and Oakland both have new police chiefs and agitators were present that seemed out of place, provoking violence with the police and the other more peaceful protesters were trying to stop the agitators. Another interesting note is that the Mayor of Oakland was at the White House the day before the violence started.
Oh really? Just when you think this administration cannot get any more corrupt. Why isn't the press all over this?

Old 11-01-2011, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Do you have a link for that? I'm not doubting your information but would like to read it myself.

Oh really? Just when you think this administration cannot get any more corrupt. Why isn't the press all over this?

Bank of America Derivatives Transfer Draws Lawmaker Scrutiny

Old 11-01-2011, 10:47 PM

Thanks.

Cr*p, that is a seriously depressing article. And to think once again that Glass-Stegal would have stopped this too.

Does this mean that money is more safe in stocks than in an FDIC bank account or just go to precious metals? Man oh man, I didn't buy enough Reynolds Wrap for the tin foil hat I need for this one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies