Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2011, 08:47 AM

913 posts, read 874,193 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Its amusing that my plan to go solar in my home, at my expense, annoys you. But hey, like I said, you're a "conservative", right?
that's not what's annoying. you make as statement in response to mine where you suggest your ideas are an alternative to mine. if you bothered to read my posts you would notice that my suggestion was identical to yours
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2011, 08:49 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,880,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammbriggs View Post
that's not what's annoying. you make as statement in response to mine where you suggest your ideas are an alternative to mine. if you bothered to read my posts you would notice that my suggestion was identical to yours
Yeah, and I presented my take on the subject by responding to you. If responses annoy you, you should stay away from forums.

Old 11-03-2011, 08:52 AM

10,016 posts, read 12,607,987 times
Canada has lots and lots of oil. We are more than willing to sell it to the USA but you guys can't even agree to have a pipeline built to your refineries so that you can use that oil.
It seems the USA would rather spend a trillion dollars or so fighting some idiot war on the other side of the planet in order to secure energy supplies from folks that hate your guts than just buying the oil next door from friends. Rest assured that Canada is not going to use those energy dollars to invade or in anyway hurt the USA. Did you realize that Canada has the 2nd largest proven oil reserves in the world? It really does not seem that the USA has a good realization of that fact. Did you know that by the terms of NAFTA, Canada is obliged to sell 40% of domestic production to the USA if the USA is buying? Talk about security, it does not get better than that.

Old 11-03-2011, 08:56 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,907,727 times
What exactly would happen if the USD were no longer the reserve currency? How is being the RC helping us procure imported oil at lower prices? Are we stealing it from the Arabs?

IMHO the Warfare State is the Welfare State. We are going broke because we borrow, or is it extract, money for our Petroleum Wars. The interest on these loans is breaking us. We need to end this nonsense and concentrate on converting our economy from imported to home grown oil as well as improving our deteriorating infrastructure. These tasks could absorb our military industrial capacity without costing us soldiers’ lives protecting aristocracies that should be able to afford to protect themselves.

Old 11-03-2011, 09:20 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,631,726 times
Question huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
Canada has lots and lots of oil. We are more than willing to sell it to the USA but you guys can't even agree to have a pipeline built to your refineries so that you can use that oil.
It seems the USA would rather spend a trillion dollars or so fighting some idiot war on the other side of the planet in order to secure energy supplies from folks that hate your guts than just buying the oil next door from friends. Rest assured that Canada is not going to use those energy dollars to invade or in anyway hurt the USA. Did you realize that Canada has the 2nd largest proven oil reserves in the world? It really does not seem that the USA has a good realization of that fact. Did you know that by the terms of NAFTA, Canada is obliged to sell 40% of domestic production to the USA if the USA is buying? Talk about security, it does not get better than that.
Monthly data on the origins of crude oil imports in August 2011 has been released and it shows that three countries exported more than 1,000 thousand barrels per day to the United States.

ftp://ftp.eia.doe.gov/pub/oil_gas/petroleum/data_publications/company_level_imports/current/import.html (broken link)

We're helping you guys out quite a bit...for now. We have quite a bit of oil, in fact some estimates say as much as Saudi Arabia...

Old 11-05-2011, 05:18 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,747,590 times
You can drill here if you keep it here, no pipeline to Texas where it will be shipped overseas

Old 11-05-2011, 05:20 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,588,293 times
im not sure. i think its the offshore drilling they r concerned about. do you think gulf oil spill was sabatoge??
just asking. what is disturbing is gas is 3.78 a gallon and i dont see any change in driving habits at all.
huge cars and trucks.

Old 11-05-2011, 05:23 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,536,953 times
I just found out this week that drilling has increased in Texas! No exaggeration. South of San Antonio there's definitely an increase. What about South Dakota, is it? that's got more jobs than housing, right now and most of the jobs are associated with the Oil boom, there. Could be north D. but I think it's South.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies