Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2011, 10:08 AM

4,367 posts, read 3,494,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Why?

One has nothing to do with the other.
That would depend on who you ask. I've seen many comparisons between the two groups. However, most tea party people don't want to be associated with the OWS mob.

Quote:
It does appears that Teabaggers have a guilty conscience because they are trying so desperately , and stupidly, to compare the Tea PARTY with protests across America....
Guilty conscience for what??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2011, 10:10 AM

4,105 posts, read 8,310,178 times
I haven't seen any signs at the OWS rallies calling Obama a Lyin African or as a witch doctor with a bone in his nose. I don't think that's one of their main unspoken planks like the teabaggers.

Old 10-15-2011, 10:13 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,708,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
OK, I'll play the "Let's Beat the Dead Horse Some More".

A. The Tea party is a "Party", they elected politicians on their platform, they organized as an entity of "think alikes".

B. Now ( read slowly) the protesters had a protest.

It was open to the public.

It was NOT a club or a political party, or a group of people who all thought alike.

It was a protest OPEN to ANYONE who wanted to protest.

There were no rules about who could protest.

People protested for different reasons.

It was a PUBLIC protest, NOT a Political party.

There were protest in about 130 cities across America....not every protester was photographed and documented or counted.

It was a PUBLIC protest.....anyone could protest.

Do you GET IT???????????

(CAN you get it?)

PS: If ya don't like it call Affirmative Action !!! LOLOLOL!!!!!!
I don't even know why I'm bothering with a response to such childish antics.

The "tea party" movement was named after a historical event in American history called "The Boston Tea Party", this does not mean that either one of them was an actual political "party".

The only reason the title for this movement stuck, was because for months it was an unnamed movement, populated with people all across America. The spontaneous movement consisted of concerned citizens going to town hall meetings in the summer of 2009, and venting their frustration and anger to their members of the senate and congress, about an out of control federal government.

The title of tea party was quickly adopted by the media because it was a lot simpler to call the people "tea party members" then saying "those people going town hall meetings who are upset about the Stimulus act".

Old 10-15-2011, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brattpowered View Post
I haven't seen any signs at the OWS rallies calling Obama a Lyin African or as a witch doctor with a bone in his nose. I don't think that's one of their main unspoken planks like the teabaggers.

No, but there have been blatantly anti-Semitic signs and videos. The Flea-Baggers have a real anti-Semitism problem.

Old 10-15-2011, 10:15 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,708,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brattpowered View Post
Prob cuz the fleabaggers are too busy breaking the law and getting arrested.

Old 10-15-2011, 10:17 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,640,025 times
What the hell is a fleabagger? As far as teabagger, isn't that the name tea partiers gave themsleves until they found out what the term really means?

Old 10-15-2011, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
What the hell is a fleabagger? As far as teabagger, isn't that the name tea partiers gave themsleves until they found out what the term really means?

Actually it was a term that "journalist" Anderson Cooper came up with. Ironic too considering.........

Old 10-15-2011, 11:41 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,639,393 times
Thumbs down lol...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Neo Progs accused Tea Partiers of being racist, citing the lack of black people at Tea Party Rallies; usually no more than a dozen or two. Yet these same Neo Progs are silent when there are even less black Americans at these Flea Bagger rallies. If the amount of black people in attendance is the litmus test for racism, why no chastisement from the left? Why the double standard?

Who do you think you're fooling with this fake argument?

Here ya go -> Nice try

Old 10-15-2011, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
Who do you think you're fooling with this fake argument?

Here ya go -> Nice try

Old 10-15-2011, 12:25 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,639,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
What does this have to do with black folks at rallies?

Clearly you're not paying attention.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies