Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 08:08 PM

564 posts, read 895,117 times

Advertisements

Watching this debate, I don't care who or what you are...It was so obvious who the Media was trying to lead you too...I mean come on!! They left Paul out of Questions they knew he would shine on and when they did ask him anything it was totally on things they knew he would seem "out there". It is totally clear he's not going to get a fair shake in our Media, He is not with their agenda...and they are totally terrified of him, and above all else this Idea of "Freedom".

What in the world is going on this country when you can plainly see our Media is "biased, totally unfair and judgmental" I dare say something is seriously wrong with what I just watched...

Even if you're a stone cold Liberal, and you watched this, did you not see what I did?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2011, 08:11 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,470,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubbltunman View Post
Watching this debate, I don't care who or what you are...It was so obvious who the Media was trying to lead you too...I mean come on!! They left Paul out of Questions they knew he would shine on and when they did ask him anything it was totally on things they knew he would seem "out there". It is totally clear he's not going to get a fair shake in our Media, He is not with their agenda...and they are totally terrified of him, and above all else this Idea of "Freedom".

What in the world is going on this country when you can plainly see our Media is "biased, totally unfair and judgmental" I dare say something is seriously wrong with what I just watched...

Even if you're a stone cold Liberal, and you watched this, did you not see what I did?
Hubby is a Paul supporter and was going nuts at the TV.

Yes, he noticed.

Old 09-07-2011, 08:14 PM

24,813 posts, read 24,481,390 times
I see a debate where they were trying to get the candidates to go after one another.

Whether you like that kind of debate, its up to you.

Old 09-07-2011, 08:14 PM

29,980 posts, read 43,078,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doubbltunman View Post

Vintage MSNBC, I turned it off. The moderation and questions were pathetic.

Old 09-07-2011, 08:18 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,965,682 times
i thought they handled the questions pretty well.

gingrich was especially good about not getting sucked in.

ron paul was asked the dumbest questions, as usual.

Old 09-07-2011, 08:19 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,077,636 times
I thought the question by Brian Williams to Gov. Perry about executions was full of such bias it was incredibly obvious. I mean, really, he asked him how he slept at night??? Argh. Of course, the audience knocked ole Brian Williams back on his heels a bit.

For those that do not know what I am referring to, Brian Williams asked Gov. Perry about the 200+ executions in Texas and if he slept well at night because of them (I am paraphrasing). The audience, upon Brian asking about the executions cheered at the first part of the question, thus lessening the impact Brian Williams was trying to have with his 'how do you sleep at night' bit.

Old 09-07-2011, 08:22 PM

24,813 posts, read 24,481,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
i thought they handled the questions pretty well.

gingrich was especially good about not getting sucked in.

ron paul was asked the dumbest questions, as usual.

I thought Romney on the "Day one" crap needs to stop. He isn't going to do all of that on day one, and likely not in the first months.

Rick Perry did excellent side steps about concerns over the number of insured and people graduating from High School.

Its really down to them. I do agree with Gingrich on one thing, we all know that all Republicans want to repeal Obamacare. The real question is what would they replace it with.

Old 09-07-2011, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I thought Romney on the "Day one" crap needs to stop. He isn't going to do all of that on day one, and likely not in the first months.

Rick Perry did excellent side steps about concerns over the number of insured and people graduating from High School.

Its really down to them. I do agree with Gingrich on one thing, we all know that all Republicans want to repeal Obamacare. The real question is what would they replace it with.
i thought they made it clear that it would be up to the states, which i do think is the best solution to see what plans might work the best before anything is implemented on a national scale.

that is the problem with big government-they always roll out huge programs and huge 1,000 plus page bills with all kinds of regulations.

we need to start small and local.

Old 09-07-2011, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
I thought the question by Brian Williams to Gov. Perry about executions was full of such bias it was incredibly obvious. I mean, really, he asked him how he slept at night??? Argh. Of course, the audience knocked ole Brian Williams back on his heels a bit.

For those that do not know what I am referring to, Brian Williams asked Gov. Perry about the 200+ executions in Texas and if he slept well at night because of them (I am paraphrasing). The audience, upon Brian asking about the executions cheered at the first part of the question, thus lessening the impact Brian Williams was trying to have with his 'how do you sleep at night' bit.
that made me laugh, and i bet brian williams was surprised with executions being one of the biggest applause getters of the evening.

that audience was on to him.

Old 09-07-2011, 08:46 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,505,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Vintage MSNBC, I turned it off. The moderation and questions were pathetic.

An understatement lifelongMOgal;

MSNBC is beyond pathetic, almost a joke so many i know felt like that. All were not treated fairly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies