Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would Hillary Clinton have been a better president than Barack Obama?
Yes, she would have been better 67 72.83%
No, she would have been worse 6 6.52%
She would have been about the same 16 17.39%
Not sure 3 3.26%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 02:19 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,667,119 times

Advertisements

Much better...but the people spoke!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2011, 02:24 PM

24,446 posts, read 23,114,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
I think Hillary would have been better for the simple fact that when she needed advice all she has to do is roll over in bed and ask her husband.(The best president we've had in the last 25 years.)
>>> If Obama rolls over in bed to ask Michele something its to please pass the ice cream and corn dogs.

Old 09-07-2011, 02:30 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,030,463 times
Quote:
I think Hillary would have been better for the simple fact that when she needed advice all she has to do is roll over in bed and ask her husband.(The best president we've had in the last 25 years.)
I think they live in separate houses these days.

Old 09-07-2011, 02:31 PM

38,648 posts, read 26,421,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
At least her husband has the best track record of any president in at least 30 years. I'd rather Bill Clinton back at the helm than Marcus Bachmann running things behind the scene.

The president has invited key lawmakers to the South Lawn to witness his signing of the U.S.-China Relations Act of 2000.The bill's passage by the Senate on September 19 capped years of negotiations with Beijing and intense lobbying by the Clinton administration, business and labor interests.

Clinton to sign China trade bill Tuesday - CNN

“On derivatives, yeah I think they were wrong and I think I was wrong to take [their advice] because the argument on derivatives was that these things are expensive and sophisticated and only a handful of investors will buy them and they don’t need any extra protection, and any extra transparency. The money they’re putting up guarantees them transparency,†Clinton told me.

Clinton: I Was Wrong to Listen to Wrong Advice Against Regulating Derivatives* - Political Punch

Clinton vowed to veto the Senate version of the bill unless it was re-written to include "requirements that banks make loans to minorities, farmers, and others who have had little access to credit." The new version passed 90-8 in the Senate, passed the House, and Clinton signed it into law. Clinton's required reworking of the bill should be studied closely to see what role, if any, it played in illegal, often racist, subprime loans at higher rates than Caucasian borrowers were offered.

ICKY PEOPLE: Phil Gramm, Bill Clinton Key Culprits in Subprime Meltdown

YouTube - President Bill Clinton - Remarks on the Signing of NAFTA

YouTube - WMD AND THE "LIARS" WHO SAID SADDAM HAD THEM

What makes you say that?

Old 09-07-2011, 04:33 PM

75 posts, read 60,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
Much better...but the people spoke!
Did they?
Against a candidate like McCain Obama should have won by a landslide. He got 53% of the popular vote.

Oh and to answer the OPs question, Yes Hillary would have been a much better president.

I've never really been a Hillary fan but, unlike Obama, I've never questioned her loyalty.

Old 09-08-2011, 12:13 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,401,908 times
Quote:
How do you know Bill didn't roll over in bed and ask Hillary for advice?

Old 09-09-2011, 02:53 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,945,866 times
DAffy Duck would have been a better candidate than Obama.

Old 09-09-2011, 03:12 AM

24,514 posts, read 33,350,590 times
Quote:
At least her husband has the best track record of any president in at least 30 years. I'd rather Bill Clinton back at the helm than Marcus Bachmann running things behind the scene.
Are you kidding? William the Impeached was one of the most corrupt presidents ever!

Old 09-09-2011, 03:14 AM

24,514 posts, read 33,350,590 times
Quote:
I really wish Hillary would have won. Not only do I have a fair amount of respect for her (yes she has her problems too, but she's pretty intelligent and more experienced than almost any living president), but with her in the White House comes the only President in the last 30 years to give us a budget surplus.

Unfortunately, even in the very unlikely event she challenges Obama, I can't see her winning.
There was no "budget surplus." There was a decrease in the deficit, but that was due to the Republican-written balanced-budget amendment which Clinton refused to sign two times before finally signing it (and then takes credit for!).

And Hillary is too corrupt, along with her impeached husband.

Old 09-09-2011, 04:34 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,932,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Don't know and don't really care. He's a good enough leader IMO....don't know how he could be much better. Well....i wish that he was more confrontational with these wacko Republicans, but that's not his nature.

As for the "petulant behavior" from Tea Party members, she would've had no choice BUT to accept it. What's she gonna do? Have them thrown in jail?
he is a good leader? i would hate to see your definition of a bad leader.

we have jobs available in america, and obama has done his best to ignore our own energy independence.

he funnels taxpayer money into the projects of campaign contributors- which GO NOWHERE and are going to cost taxpayers BILLIONS, and ZERO jobs are created.

solyndra is only the tip of the iceberg.

we have natural gas capabilities, coal energy, and oil resources which are being IDLED by this administration ON PURPOSE so we have to depend on foreign energy. we are throwing our money at OTHER countries and we are funding the energy dreams of other countries. (like brazil).

this is insane, of course.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies