Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would Hillary Clinton have been a better president than Barack Obama?
Yes, she would have been better 67 72.83%
No, she would have been worse 6 6.52%
She would have been about the same 16 17.39%
Not sure 3 3.26%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 05:00 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,252,856 times

Advertisements

Different puppet, same controllers. There would have been no difference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2011, 05:16 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,919,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
Hillary may have been one of the best presidents this country has ever known. The reason she did not get the nomination was due to the resistance of putting a woman in office by the souther male evangelicals. They never thought a black would be elected, surprise, surprise. Now this same group is called the tea party and who are openly against blacks, seniors, the disable, and needy children. Never has America been more threatened by an single group as the tea party.
as a former hillary supporter, i am amused by this post.

the liberals trashed the he## out of hillary because she wasn't perceived as quite as liberal as obama. that is where she got the most resistance! she knew it too, but i think she stopped fighting when she worked out the secretary of state deal. she totally smoked obama in the debates, though.

as a fiscal conservative, i thought all 3 choices were terrible-but obama was totally in bed with wall street and has an anti-american streak, mccain loves wars, and hillary seemed like the only logical solution.

it was a very weak field, but she was also the most intelligent of the 3 candidates running, and that has its advantages in coming up with solutions. the tea party has PLENTY of women in it, and there are plenty of female voices in the tea party. look at all of the fiscal conservative female voices out there.

the tea party only "threatens" big government--- which explains all the charges of "racism and sexism" out there.

and to the few people who think she would have been worse, i ask you how could she have been worse?

Last edited by floridasandy; 09-07-2011 at 05:41 AM..

Old 09-07-2011, 05:38 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,726,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
At least her husband has the best track record of any president in at least 30 years. I'd rather Bill Clinton back at the helm than Marcus Bachmann running things behind the scene.
In hindsight I would agree with you about Bill Clinton, though my conservative nature kept me from liking him when he was in office.

But it seems that America has been for some time now in a era of repeatedly lowering the bar of expectation. And based on where a succession of Presidents have put the bar, I'd say Bill Clinton was the best since JFK.

That said, I still think Hillary by herself would be worse than Obama - probably much worse. But Bill's presence and influence would improve the overall result.

Old 09-07-2011, 07:34 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,534,561 times
All this talk about how the left now hates Obama sounds familiar

Some Big Conservative Donors, Unhappy With Bush, Say They Won't Back His Campaign - NYTimes.com

Old 09-07-2011, 07:43 AM

8,227 posts, read 11,150,844 times
I think Hillary would have been better for the simple fact that when she needed advice all she has to do is roll over in bed and ask her husband.(The best president we've had in the last 25 years.)

Old 09-07-2011, 08:12 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,170,222 times
As much as I disagree with Hillary Clinton's perspective, I feel she would have been a better president. She's stronger, she wouldn't bow to other rulers, she would make straightforward decisions.

While I don't like her, she definitely would be better at the job.

Old 09-07-2011, 10:08 AM

2,501 posts, read 3,650,093 times
Yes. As much as I don't like Hillary, I would rather have her than Obama.

Old 09-07-2011, 10:39 AM

5,821 posts, read 5,306,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CancerianMoonPrincess View Post
Yes. As much as I don't like Hillary, I would rather have her than Obama.

Yeah, this is about right.^^^

Kinda like Diarrhea is better than dysentery though.

Old 09-07-2011, 02:12 PM

6,793 posts, read 5,665,751 times
yea, too bad there are no mulligans for national elections.

Old 09-07-2011, 02:16 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,982,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
the tea party and who are openly against blacks, seniors, the disable, and needy children.
Do you have any documented proof for your race baiting, racist, hate filled slanderous and ignorant comment?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies