Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 06:47 PM

90,295 posts, read 121,352,608 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
So you have just proven Blank and Proud wrong in quoting someone, thank you very much for proving my point!! A leftist twist....
What the hell did I prove Black and Proud wrongly quoted? I didn't say he quoted anyone incorrectly. You are seriously guilty of twisting my words, something I do not appreciate. The quoted person was Michele Bachmann. And she was wrong. I think you knew all that, you just want to troll.

Quote:
Nope, Kat said links don't mean anything...why should I read a link you provided when your just going to twist it anyway...

Just change RW to LW....and there you have it....
No Kat didn't say that. Thanks for twisting my words, something you accused someone else of doing.

I'm not sure what your quote of my post with some words bolded and underlined was supposed to prove, other than you can use bold and underline. My post was not meant to be a treatise on slavery.

I've had enough of these p****** contests here on CD. We can all sling links back and forth till the cows come home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2011, 06:56 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,566,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Well, for one thing, the quoted statement is in fact untrue, and shows just how ignorant Michele Bachmann is about US history. Anyone with a modicum of knowledge about how slavery was played out in the US knows that black men and women were generally not allowed to live together as husband and wife, raising a family.

Exactly..any Idiot who believes black children were in more of a family unit during such a ugly period in American History need to just hide in shame. Mothers and Fathers as well as children were sold at will. Not to mention the women who were impregnated by the slave owners.

Old 09-07-2011, 07:16 PM

46,525 posts, read 27,391,613 times
Quote:
What the hell did I prove Black and Proud wrongly quoted? I didn't say he quoted anyone incorrectly. You are seriously guilty of twisting my words, something I do not appreciate. The quoted person was Michele Bachmann. And she was wrong. I think you knew all that, you just want to troll.
Nope, this is the post that black accused me of.....to bad someone deleted the original post...I'll never not use the entire "quote" again...names will follow....
[quote]

What is below is what was said in this thread, and now the original post is gone....

Quote:
"Slavery had a disastrous impact on African-American families, yet sadly a child born into slavery in 1860 was more likely to be raised by his mother and father in a two-parent household than was an African-American baby born after the election of the USA’s first African-American President.”
GOP presidential candidate Michele Bachmann was the first to sign the pledge Friday followed closely by fellow candidate Rick Santorum.
Then you said....

Quote:
Well, for one thing, the quoted statement
Then you posted...

Quote:
Slavery had a disastrous impact on African-American families, yet sadly a child born into slavery in 1860 was more likely to be raised by his mother and father in a two-parent household than was an African-American baby born after the election of the USA’s first African-American President.”

Quote:
No Kat didn't say that. Thanks for twisting my words, something you accused someone else of doing.
Yes you did, here is your quote...

Quote:
Why should we post links and

a. Get into some p****** contest?
b. Have the RW say regarding each and every one: "Oh, that's different"!
?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????
So only certain people are allowed to post links?

Old 09-07-2011, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Exactly..any Idiot who believes black children were in more of a family unit during such a ugly period in American History need to just hide in shame. Mothers and Fathers as well as children were sold at will. Not to mention the women who were impregnated by the slave owners.
If you can show where I said anything like that I WILL apologize and remove all my posts.....

Talk about twisting words.....

Old 09-07-2011, 07:44 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,566,522 times
Quote:
If you can show where I said anything like that I WILL apologize and remove all my posts.....

Talk about twisting words.....

Quote:
You have Cain with the Plantation and Slavery references, so please don't go there. Neither side is running on a full deck of common sense. So please stop with the one sided indignation. As far as the ignorant statement Bachman made and your apparently agreeing with. No it is NOT the truth, families was torn apart and sold, they were property. In case you and Bachman forgot, Lincoln freed the slaves.
Quote:
I'm telling you I agree with you...what would have happened if Sarah Palin would have said the "left can go straight to hell", it would have been news for months....but no on the left.....what if bachman said "some want to see certain people hanging from a tree"....again NEWS for weeks or more....

From 2009...

You decide....

Children in single-parent families by race - Data Across States - KIDS COUNT Data Center

Children in single-parent families by race - Data Across States - KIDS COUNT Data Center

2% increase in 9 years....

No I didn't twist your words. I was clear in my issue with Bachmans analogy of Children born during slavery and children of today and the family dynamics. You then decided to send stats from todays as to validate what Bachman was saying. So let me come out and ask then I'm going to drop this topic. Do you honestly believe comparing family dynamics during slavery with family dynamics of today is valid? I for one believe its extremely Ignorant and distasteful.

Old 09-07-2011, 08:46 PM

90,295 posts, read 121,352,608 times
For crying out loud, chucksnee! Michelle Bachmann signed this pledge:

THE MARRIAGE VOW document

which says:

Slavery had a disastrous impact on African-American families, yet sadly a child born into slavery in 1860 was more likely to be raised by his mother and father in a two-parent household than was an African- American baby born after the election of the USA‟s first African
-American President.3

In fact, Michele was the first person to sign it. She's ignorant. She later "repudiated" that part of it, but she signed it, indicating her agreement.

You can quote me and whoever else you want, but the reality of the situation is that Michele agreed with that document.

Old 09-07-2011, 08:48 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,885,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
White House Declines To Comment On Union Leader’s Anti-Tea Party Rhetoric At Labor Day Rally - ABC News

So the man who called for a "new civility" and a "new tone" looks the other way when his supporters call for violence.

Shocker.
Anyone surprised? Not here!

Old 09-07-2011, 09:18 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,480,835 times
Default Another meaningless thread

Since when did you Pubs care about what President Obama claimed he'd do? Your entire existence is to oppose him in every way. He strives to revive the economy, you Pubs obstruct him causing the economy to reflect more Bush, them blame Obama for "not doing as promised." Pathetic.

He promised to "change the tone" and has done that. "Ideological purity does not solve problems" is a concept he repeatedly emphasizes, striving to reach solutions to the nation's problems from both sides. However, the Republicans cannot be controlled by this President. Their tone has become more confrontational, opposing him at every turn, showing unprecedented disrespect in the process. Hoffa was absolutely right.

The President choosing not to comment means absolutely nothing...another meaningless thread from the Right.

Old 09-08-2011, 06:36 AM

Quote:
For crying out loud, chucksnee! Michelle Bachmann signed this pledge:

THE MARRIAGE VOW document

which says:

Slavery had a disastrous impact on African-American families, yet sadly a child born into slavery in 1860 was more likely to be raised by his mother and father in a two-parent household than was an African- American baby born after the election of the USA‟s first African
-American President.3

In fact, Michele was the first person to sign it. She's ignorant. She later "repudiated" that part of it, but she signed it, indicating her agreement.

You can quote me and whoever else you want, but the reality of the situation is that Michele agreed with that document.
Do you NOT understand that 2 different quotes (suposed to be the same) were posted in this VERY thread....1 was wrong and the OTHER was correct...You PROVED someone wrong....I brought that out....is that so hard for you to understand?

How can I properly respond to a quote that is WRONG...

Old 09-08-2011, 06:42 AM

Quote:
No I didn't twist your words. I was clear in my issue with Bachmans analogy of Children born during slavery and children of today and the family dynamics. You then decided to send stats from todays as to validate what Bachman was saying. So let me come out and ask then I'm going to drop this topic. Do you honestly believe comparing family dynamics during slavery with family dynamics of today is valid? I for one believe its extremely Ignorant and distasteful.
You don't twist words...

Then please explain your quote...Where did I say anything like what your saying....or even attempted to say this...

Quote:
Are you serious? Are you going to continue down this path and stick with the notion Black kids are better off being sold like property? I'm done with this discussion with you. Moving on.
Out of this quote below?

Quote:
-American President.3
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies