Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2011, 02:34 AM

35,308 posts, read 52,744,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by $musicman$ View Post
Because..like welfare and other government support..Medicare has changed many people into thinking.."we don't have to take care of grandma..the government will."

..and you mentioned that people have paid into it and Social Security both..which is really not the case.

Young people are being taxed at this time..to pay for these programs for older people that are alive today..

The older people are not receving any money that was put aside for them..that money that was taxed from older people when THEY were younger and working..went to pay for older people during THAT time period.

That's a ponzi scheme..and one that promotes dependency, class and age warfare..and both FDR and LBJ knew this would all happen..they were only looking to find ways that would ensure people would continue to vote for Democrats..and it has worked like a charm..dependency has worked out great for Democrats.

And your GOP solution for taking care of the elderly the sick, those that cant work those that have nothing would be to ....?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2011, 06:01 AM

812 posts, read 1,688,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Are people like you just going to stick their heads in the sand and watch medicare go bankrupt while us younger folks pay in?
Where did I say that?

What is your plan?

What actions have you taken?

Old 09-05-2011, 06:09 AM

812 posts, read 1,688,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by $musicman$ View Post
Because..like welfare and other government support..Medicare has changed many people into thinking.."we don't have to take care of grandma..the government will."
Maybe more like "We are broke from working our crappy jobs all our lives that while they were making more than minimum wage, were still insufficiently compensated to meet our own needs, so we have no retirement of our own, and we are still living paycheck to paycheck so we have no choice but to put grandma on eldercare or medicare". I bet you can't show me anyone with better than a high school education and making less than $250K a year who GENIUNELY wants to have their loved ones in a SNF on medicaid.

Old 09-05-2011, 09:25 AM

181 posts, read 292,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
And your GOP solution for taking care of the elderly the sick, those that cant work those that have nothing would be to ....?

Medicare could work if it didn't grow exponentially.

It consumes more and more of the budget each year.

Old 09-05-2011, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TedTLPN View Post
Maybe more like "We are broke from working our crappy jobs all our lives that while they were making more than minimum wage, were still insufficiently compensated to meet our own needs, so we have no retirement of our own, and we are still living paycheck to paycheck so we have no choice but to put grandma on eldercare or medicare". I bet you can't show me anyone with better than a high school education and making less than $250K a year who GENIUNELY wants to have their loved ones in a SNF on medicaid.
Sorry you had a crappy job. We each only get one life..and we have to try to make it count..as well as add up!

Old 09-05-2011, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Si, y porque no?
Yo creo que el es un hombre muy bueno.

Me gusta.

Last edited by $musicman$; 09-05-2011 at 10:12 AM..

Old 09-05-2011, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post

You're really better off in this country if you don't save for old age.
Pardon me if I don't go with that plan.

Old 09-05-2011, 09:44 AM

5,152 posts, read 7,340,286 times
Quote:

Senator Rubio at The Reagan Library - YouTube

Starting at about 5 minutes.
This guy wants to turn the clock back to the 1800s. I like the part "People use to save for retirement". No, dummy, there use to be things called pensions. Typical "I got mine, sc*** you" politician.

Old 09-05-2011, 09:59 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,462,933 times
Quote:
Where did I say that?

What is your plan?

What actions have you taken?
My plan is to take care of myself. I am paying SS and medicare taxes expecting nothing when I finally get the chance to collect in.

I feel bad for the younger folks working now, paying into the system and actually expecting something when they retire

Old 09-05-2011, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaughanwilliams View Post
This guy wants to turn the clock back to the 1800s. I like the part "People use to save for retirement". No, dummy, there use to be things called pensions. Typical "I got mine, sc*** you" politician.
People used to and still do save for retirement.

..but too bad so many people have been made to think they can endlessly live off others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies