Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 06:15 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,192,216 times

Advertisements

So far the only thing obama has been consistent on for almost 3 years is blaming Bush and the Tea Party for all of his failures...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2011, 06:25 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,934,385 times
A broken record with pits and gouges.

All he has is his millionaires and billionaires diatribe and his insinuation that anyone that disagrees with him is not doing right by their country.

Old 08-31-2011, 06:29 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,714,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaTrang View Post
What a load of "fertilizer". As I heard on Hugh Hewitt, a monkey in a doorman's suite would be infinitely preferable.

Governor Perry is going to mop the floor with Obama's scrawny neck. It's going to be "ugly" in a very beautiful sort of way. Can't wait for the bell of Round 1 post-primaries. Smack-down, slap-down, ass-kicking par-excellence.

And then Obama will continue to blame others for yet another Obama failure - always someone, if not everyone, else - never the d-bag from Chicago - Obama.
See what I mean?

Let's see a show of hands....how many 2008 Obama voters read this post and decided to go Republican in 2012?

Old 08-31-2011, 06:33 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,811,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
The only thing that changes in his dialogue is who he is blaming for his failures on any particular day. Sometimes it's Bush, sometimes the GOP/Tea Party, sometimes it's the weather, sometimes it's the civil unrest in the Middle East, sometimes it's evil corporate jet owners....
Yup, Obama is an "it wasn't me" President.

Old 08-31-2011, 06:36 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,714,064 times
For those who may get the wrong impression, I'm a conservative who has no use whatsoever for Obama's agenda.

But the people are just as wise to the Republican game and know full well how far afield it is from the best interests of average Americans. Republican business as usual is not going to work in 2012 or anytime soon.

What's going to happen is a lot of Obama voters are going to stay home....but they most certainly know better than to trust another Republican.

Old 08-31-2011, 06:43 PM

3,522 posts, read 6,100,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ex-cal View Post
Seems like fewer and fewer people are paying any attention to him. Part of the reason he's gone nuts with the EO's. Not even three years in and he's lost the American people.
I know what your saying and I can sure as hell relate

Reading cnn website - i just fit the mold of so many americans
My income used to be 50% more than it is now
My 401k has been ripped apart with little left
We are literally trapped in our house, never missed a darn payment on the house , car, insurance nothing even paid every single last medical bill

Looking at the president I had so much hope for him after all he was a fresh breeze compared to gw

My health care costs are thru the roof
i have been taxed and taxed to the wall
dont know what else to do

i have given up on the man - he and congress along with the senate are such a downer

i try everyday to keep plugging away
we are not in dire straights but i just feel i have played my part
served my country for four years
worked my aspen off for years
i actually feel as much as i have put into this nation , its time for the nation to give a little back to me

i know that sounds terrible but its the truth honestly i have paid my dues
can i just catch a break
i am not even able to refi my house because i pay the mortgage and my income just is not at the level it was
sorry to rant its just time for a change as so many of us have given and given and given
enough is enough obama
you failed me

Old 08-31-2011, 06:47 PM

3,522 posts, read 6,100,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Tax and spend as is noraml with Democrats. His being a liberal its tax the rich and spent that plus what can be borrowed.
So tax and spend doesnt work and to be honest neither did the bush tax cuts for the wealthy

really not looking to start an argument but nothing is working
we need a fiscal genius to save this country from the slippery slope we have been riding on for 11 years now

isnt everyone a little tired of the blame game the hannity vs. the matthews scenarios

the right vs. the left and on and on

Old 08-31-2011, 07:13 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,368,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
But at this point in time the Republicans have got next to nothing in the way of a clearly preferable alternative.

America is still dying on the vine....as in the rapid decay of our middle class standard of living. Republicans have a broken record of their own and it repeats tax cuts for corporations and the wealthy ad nauseum. They keep that up and Obama's re-election may not even be a close one.

What?

Did you sleep through the 1980s when Reaganomics gave us 6.5 million private sector jobs, a ten point decline of the inflation rate, the misery index cut in half, a $2.50 inflation adjusted gallon of gas and the strongest US dollar in history?

Were you out of the country for the Contract with America?

Did you miss Bush's full employment?

FYI: the only industrialized nation with a marginal corporate tax rate higher than the US is Japan (see Lost Decade).

Do you realize the effective corporate tax rate in the US is lower than most industrialized nations because our marginal rate is so high internationals take extreme measures to avoid doing anything profitable in America?

US a low-tax country, and getting lower | Jay Bookman

The higher the marginal rates go, the lower the effective rate becomes, so how high would you like marginal rates to be?

Old 08-31-2011, 07:15 PM

1,019 posts, read 589,915 times
Quote:
See what I mean?

Let's see a show of hands....how many 2008 Obama voters read this post and decided to go Republican in 2012?
Let's see a show of hands....how many people read the OP and realized it was gibberish?????

Old 08-31-2011, 07:22 PM

1,019 posts, read 589,915 times
Quote:
For those who may get the wrong impression, I'm a conservative who has no use whatsoever for Obama's agenda.

But the people are just as wise to the Republican game and know full well how far afield it is from the best interests of average Americans. Republican business as usual is not going to work in 2012 or anytime soon.

What's going to happen is a lot of Obama voters are going to stay home....but they most certainly know better than to trust another Republican.
Yah, I am sure those Obama-voters are really high up their in the "know" department - NOT!! A bunch of non/under educated dolts and fools.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies