Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 04:05 PM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,887,942 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaimuki View Post
What about all of those rugged cowboys who wear wrangler jeans?
How about all those cow girls who pour their Ba-Donka-Donk in to those tight blue jeans!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2011, 04:20 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,836,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Scates View Post
THIS.

Most adult men in this society forgot what it means to be REAL MEN. The increasing of acceptance sexual deviants like homosexuals and lesbians is a major contributor to this problem

I would tend to think the first sign of a REAL MAN is someone who doesn't waste time pondering who is a real man and who isn't. And accepting your fellow citizens as they are strikes me as pretty manly too.

Old 08-24-2011, 04:22 PM

3,644 posts, read 6,331,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
No they aren't. Anyone can dress like a hipster. It's a fashion.
I never heard the term before so I looked it up:

hip·ster1    /ˈhɪpstər/ Show Spelled
[hip-ster] Show IPA

–noun Slang .
1. a person who is hip.
2. hepcat.
3. a person, especially during the 1950s, characterized by a particularly strong sense of alienation from most established social activities and relationships.

I think I'll pass. By the way, I'm wearing jeans right now. I wear jeans about 1/3 to 1/2 the time (small company, relaxed dress code). I don't feel any gay-er on the days I wear jeans than the days I don't. Maybe I'm not doing it right? The only times in the past 3 years I've worn a suit were for weddings, funerals, or job interviews. We have a word for people who wear suits in sunny South Florida: insane.

Old 08-24-2011, 04:32 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,630,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Hey- ridicule all you want.

Blue jeans are slovenly and make a statement. An adult male should be well kempt in dress as well as behavior. Dressing like a pig in the presense of others confers a lack of respect and order. One should try to be a positive role model and example at all times.

What do I wear camping? I don't camp. However, when hunting, I wear cammo and boots. The pigs and pheasants do not have the same standards of dress as my colleagues.
If you would've said men shouldn't wear jeans to formal events or to fine restaurants or to the office, you might have a few people agreeing with you. But the fact that you're saying men should never ever wear blue jeans under any circumstances, unless they want to be considered slovenly--well, that's kind of an extreme sentiment. American men--across class, ethnic, and political lines, like to wear jeans. It has nothing to do with being a positive role model.

You probably wear Dockers...

Last edited by Deezus; 08-24-2011 at 05:30 PM..

Old 08-24-2011, 05:29 PM

14,490 posts, read 26,695,779 times
as a female, I find this a fun venting thread for us on P and OC... I did google camo lingerie....lol....they had some fun pix....

Last edited by dreamofmonterey; 08-24-2011 at 05:30 PM.. Reason: add

Old 08-24-2011, 07:39 PM

30,488 posts, read 18,971,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
Camo? You lost any credibility that you might have had right there. When you admit that you voluntarily wear camo, you automatically lose your privileges to criticize anyone else's fashion choices. Do you combine your camo with other "tactical" items to achieve the look of a true Mall Ninja? What color is the boathouse at Hereford?

Right..........

Obviously you have never been hunting in your life. One gets covered with mud, dirt, and sometimes blood. Such attire is necessary for hog hunting. When one is hunting pheasant, camo is not necessary, for which I wear khaki bird hunting pants, jacket, and an orange vest (which is prudent to avoid being shot). The camo is used to blend in with the environment for hog hunting, but is not necessary for pheasant, as the dogs locate and flush the birds.

It is for the same reason that astronauts did not wear khakis on the moon and why deep sea divers do not wear tuxedos. Camo is specific functional clothing for a particular activity. This is completely different than wearing blue jeans at work or at social events, which is dressing like a bum. If you want to dress like a bum, that is your buisness. One's attire is one's right. You can dress in drag for all I care, however, that does not mean that I need to approve of it. Dress like you feel on the inside- if you are a bum, dress like one.

Old 08-24-2011, 08:21 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,657,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
I saw someone wearing one of these today, but the kind with a bill on it. It's >90+ degrees here today. I don't get it either. Who wants a sweaty head??
A sweaty head is a small price to pay to be a Fashionistaâ„¢!!

Old 08-24-2011, 08:37 PM

679 posts, read 617,828 times
Quote:
Right..........

Obviously you have never been hunting in your life. One gets covered with mud, dirt, and sometimes blood. Such attire is necessary for hog hunting. When one is hunting pheasant, camo is not necessary, for which I wear khaki bird hunting pants, jacket, and an orange vest (which is prudent to avoid being shot). The camo is used to blend in with the environment for hog hunting, but is not necessary for pheasant, as the dogs locate and flush the birds.

It is for the same reason that astronauts did not wear khakis on the moon and why deep sea divers do not wear tuxedos. Camo is specific functional clothing for a particular activity. This is completely different than wearing blue jeans at work or at social events, which is dressing like a bum. If you want to dress like a bum, that is your buisness. One's attire is one's right. You can dress in drag for all I care, however, that does not mean that I need to approve of it. Dress like you feel on the inside- if you are a bum, dress like one.

You make a valid argument that camo can be worn at times where it is appropriate and I completely agree. You also state that you will look slovenly if you wear jeans at work or at social events and I agree with this as well to a point.

But the statements made earlier were that there are NO situations when an Adult Male should wear blue jeans, and that is just incorrect. Agree?

Old 08-25-2011, 04:38 AM

5,658 posts, read 6,315,598 times
What is one to make of specified 'jeans days' at work? Is it an eyesore, an oddity, an outrageous display of weirdos going way out?

We have a couple of those people who refuse to wear jeans on jeans day. They stick out like stodgy doofuses.

Old 08-25-2011, 09:03 AM

9,961 posts, read 17,630,010 times
Quote:
Sure, Mr. Blackwell...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies