Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 09:17 AM

2,904 posts, read 6,915,224 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Hey- ridicule all you want.

Blue jeans are slovenly and make a statement. An adult male should be well kempt in dress as well as behavior. Dressing like a pig in the presense of others confers a lack of respect and order. One should try to be a positive role model and example at all times.

What do I wear camping? I don't camp. However, when hunting, I wear cammo and boots. The pigs and pheasants do not have the same standards of dress as my colleagues.
Are you just talking about at the office? Because the guys making tons of money as consultants, investment bankers, etc DO NOT dress up outside of work unless it's for some kind of formal social event.

I've never heard anyone make your argument, but I'll concede that showing up to work in jeans would be disrespectful at most jobs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2011, 09:54 AM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,917,869 times
Quote:

Blue jeans are slovenly and make a statement. An adult male should be well kempt in dress as well as behavior. Dressing like a pig in the presense of others confers a lack of respect and order. One should try to be a positive role model and example at all times.

What do I wear camping? I don't camp. However, when hunting, I wear cammo and boots. The pigs and pheasants do not have the same standards of dress as my colleagues.
Camo? You lost any credibility that you might have had right there. When you admit that you voluntarily wear camo, you automatically lose your privileges to criticize anyone else's fashion choices. Do you combine your camo with other "tactical" items to achieve the look of a true Mall Ninja? What color is the boathouse at Hereford?

Old 08-24-2011, 11:03 AM

5,658 posts, read 6,274,662 times
A real man dresses comfortably, wears what is appropriate to the environment and circumstances while not being completely beholden to convention, fashion trends, or the opinions of others, and makes it look good no matter the attire.

Yes, that could mean slightly worn jeans and a T-shirt sometimes, khaki sem-cargos and a dark green sweater sometimes, newer jeans a casual buttondown and a sport jacket sometimes, and fully tailored pinstripe suit with meticulously tied silk tie sometimes. For me it usually involves motorcycle gear as well since motorcycles are my primary transportation.

Don't believe everything you hear on liquor commercials.

Old 08-24-2011, 12:42 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,589,981 times
hipsters dress better than this though...

Im sick of seeing this colour....ugh...

Old 08-24-2011, 12:50 PM

3,121 posts, read 3,095,071 times
The men are feigning right wing interest to attract all the hipster chicks who look like Sarah Palin.

Ron Paul rocks the hipsters with his pro-marijuana pitch and hatred of the waitress tax.

Old 08-24-2011, 02:49 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,479,542 times
Quote:

Sorry, Ward Cleaver, but I'll stick with my blue jeans outside of work.

Old 08-24-2011, 03:15 PM

Could do without these... lol...esp its 99 degrees today, why are they wearing this?

Old 08-24-2011, 03:47 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,325,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
Camo? You lost any credibility that you might have had right there. When you admit that you voluntarily wear camo, you automatically lose your privileges to criticize anyone else's fashion choices. Do you combine your camo with other "tactical" items to achieve the look of a true Mall Ninja? What color is the boathouse at Hereford?
You obviously have never been hunting nor know anyone who hunts. The appropriate attire is blaze orange and camouflage. It's not to make a fashion statement, it's what you wear when hunting. You wouldn't wear a three piece suit to the beach, and you wouldn't wear khakis and a polo hunting either.

Old 08-24-2011, 03:54 PM

c'mon guys this is a fun thread

Old 08-24-2011, 03:56 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,325,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post

Could do without these... lol...esp its 99 degrees today, why are they wearing this?
I saw someone wearing one of these today, but the kind with a bill on it. It's >90+ degrees here today. I don't get it either. Who wants a sweaty head??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies