Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you have buyers remorse after voting for Obama?
Yes. He is not what I thought he was. I am dissappointed. 28 50.00%
No. Everything is going as I had hoped. I am happy with Obama. 28 50.00%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2011, 01:44 PM

2,226 posts, read 2,104,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorrysda View Post
He is "mentally" too young; Mentally.....have you seen his schooling credentials? i.e., hasn't experienced enough of real life thats ridiculous, at 50 we have ALL experienced enough of life for ANY position to understand the responsibilities of the office he holds, let alone the reason why America is the greatest country on earth. He is quite well educated on history, and with his personal story couldn't be more suited for the office. He is the epitome of the American Dream having worked perfectly!

He wasn't raised in this country,yes he was, Hawaii was a state when he was born thus his early years imprinted an entirely different culture and societyhave you ever been to Hawaii???? Its hardly another culture, even 40 years ago!. The State of Hawaii is not reflective of main-stream America.yes it is. His experience here is absolutely minimalhe was working in Washington congress when he was elected in anything but "Community Organization" As opposed to Cheerleader, like Geo W Bush?which I interpret as welfare life.as opposed to a soldier, or a govenor, or a senator.....all government workers? No credentials whatsoever for any responsible position in politics.
What credentials did any president have to be able to be President....none....nothing prepares you to be president...even years of politics. It helps you navigate the system but it does nothing to make you understand the crushing burden of the entire country's entire set of problems and trying to keep everyone even slightly happy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2011, 01:45 PM

Default perfectly said

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Your poll offers the two typical black-and-white options reflective of this forum, but it's hardly fair. It's either "he's Jesus" or "he's the devil".

What about the option for people like myself who think that he's done well on some things and not so well on others - and who think that things would have not been better economically under the alternatives at the time?

Or were you interested, like most people on here, in just making a polarizing poll that narrowly supports your own point of view?
I've even noticed that some of the polls seem altered...is that even possible?

Old 07-25-2011, 01:47 PM

Smile Great post

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
I voted for Obama, and I don't regret a damn thing. I speak as someone who has voted Republican before, and I wouldn't absolutely rule it out again, but the fact of the matter if the Republican party right now is the retarded party. It's a party of stupid people, with stupid ideas, who want the stupidest people of all to show up to the polls and vote for them.

Obama hasn't been perfect, but if people would look at the facts and look past their stupid assumptions about the world around them, they might understand that the guy did inherit one hell of a mess when he took over. He inherited not just a recession but a depression.

The biggest problem I've had with Obama is that he probably pushed the healthcare debate too soon, when he should have been focusing more on the economy. I don't have a problem with his focusing on healthcare, but in retrospect, it wasn't the right time. But he probably felt it was the only time anything could be done about it, and he was probably right. But it was probably a bad decision looking back on it because, politically, it exposed him to a lot of criticism that he might not be receiving now.

Another problem I have with Obama, and with democrats in general, is that he has not always shown that he has a b@llsack. He has tried too hard to be the negotiator, and the nice guy. Screw that. Be an @ss.
Those chicken fried banans must make you really smart!

Old 07-25-2011, 01:47 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,770,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
True....

In fact is is hard for me to think of Obama as a sexual person.
Funny how even O's virtues are scorned.

Old 07-25-2011, 01:48 PM

Default that was funny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Is that some sort of Palin speak? The "same mental level of which we are speaking, here(sic)."?

But I'm not allowed to give you any more reps!

Old 07-25-2011, 01:52 PM

Default obviously

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
True....

In fact is is hard for me to think of Obama as a sexual person.
he spawned two gorgeous, lovely daughters!

Old 07-25-2011, 01:54 PM

Default Me too

Quote:
Originally Posted by F40 View Post
No remorse here.

I would like to see health care brought back to the table after he is re-elected with what is starting to look like a Democratic Congress and Senate next year
We still need that public option! And lots and lots and lots of free, unregulated birth control!!!!!

Old 07-25-2011, 01:55 PM

Default There you go again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
There is definitely a war being waged on the bottom 90 percent of wealth and income levels. Unfortunately, too many ordinary are too dumb to understand that they're voting against their own interests.

eating all those chicken fried bananas again and getting all smart and everything!

Old 07-25-2011, 01:57 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,770,897 times
Interesting how the poll is balancing out over time. I suspect that the first posters were the typical rightwing gang that haunts this forum, pretending to be democrats.

The democrats eventually caught up, though I think mistygirl's recent thread had much more insights into what disappointments lefties feel with Obama.

I would say that I am really torn. I voted for Obama, because he tried to communicate in a more inclusive, moderate way. He pushed hard for health care reform, but I think that was genuine. His mother died of cancer in the prime of life. Other than that, he has been pretty moderate. However, given the rabid opposition he faces, who seem to be utterly lacking in introspection or good will, it seems like a really brutal cage fighter type president may have been needed.

I think Obama wants to lead by finding the higher side of peoples' character,and their dreams for the future, but he is up against the most base and entrenched of motivations, religion, money, and power.

I only hope the voters in 2012 speak for him. We deserve better, and I ain't talking about Obama.

Old 07-25-2011, 02:02 PM

3,325 posts, read 3,172,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 60sfemi View Post
What credentials did any president have to be able to be President....none....nothing prepares you to be president...even years of politics. It helps you navigate the system but it does nothing to make you understand the crushing burden of the entire country's entire set of problems and trying to keep everyone even slightly happy!
I couldn't disagree with you more. There are lots of professions that have prepared men to lead this nation; military, corporations, govenorships, and yes extensive careers in the house or senate will do just fine too.

Mr obama was entirely unprepared by any of his limited experiences to lead this nation. I suggest the stimulus package, the dozens of "czars", the bailout of the auto industry, this economy, the political corruption exposed by his healthcare package not to mention this budget impass with the house are all ample examples of a man wholly in over his head. This man cannot lead. Not this nation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies