Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 08:15 PM

86,052 posts, read 85,002,502 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
Obama: "I propose $4T in spending cuts that future administrations will make, not mine"
How can you take this guy seriously?
And what he's asking for is $2.5T more !!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2011, 08:18 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,980,562 times
Originally Posted by reconmark
. Americans for Tax Reform, an influential conservative group focused on fiscal issues, is known for pushing Republicans to sign a pledge promising they will not, under any circumstances, vote for a tax increase of any kind. That even goes for closing loopholes “unless it’s matched dollar for dollar by lowering tax rates.” The president of Americans for Tax Reform, Grover Norquist, says that “about 97 percent of the Republicans in the House and 85 percent in the Senate have signed on. It’s become a party position.”

Quote:
That doesnt undermine their sworn oath of office.. Maybe you need to stop making claims you cant back up..

LOL!!!...signing a statement not to do their jobs dosen't undermine their sworn oath!!!...OMG, you are a d84h56!!!

You have just lost any rational argument go talk to somebody else..LOL!!!

Last edited by reconmark; 07-18-2011 at 08:38 PM.. Reason: Edit because he's mad his argument was null and void.

Old 07-18-2011, 08:23 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,505,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
. Americans for Tax Reform, an influential conservative group focused on fiscal issues, is known for pushing Republicans to sign a pledge promising they will not, under any circumstances, vote for a tax increase of any kind. That even goes for closing loopholes “unless it’s matched dollar for dollar by lowering tax rates.” The president of Americans for Tax Reform, Grover Norquist, says that “about 97 percent of the Republicans in the House and 85 percent in the Senate have signed on. It’s become a party position.”
What part of signing this, violates the oath of office which is..
  • I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God.
As for the rest of your response, enjoy your tos, I'm sure you'll enjoy talking to no one for awhile..

Old 07-18-2011, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
What part of signing this, violates the oath of office which is..
  • I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter: So help me God.
As for the rest of your response, enjoy your tos, I'm sure you'll enjoy talking to no one for awhile..
Right go hurry up and tell because your little argument got smashed...LOL

As for citing the constitution, if you can't connect the dots of a political party stating that it will uphold party doctrine instead of "faithfully discharging their duties"..gee what can we label you???

Old 07-18-2011, 08:36 PM

Once again:

97% of Republicans in the House and 85% of the Republicans in the Senate have signed a pledge to the effect that UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES will they negotiate or debate or entertain the issue of tax cuts what so ever.

Does anyone else not see how this undermines their oath to " faithfully discharge the duties" of their office as representatives of this country first and foremost.

Old 07-18-2011, 08:37 PM

4,272 posts, read 3,813,699 times
The characteristic of any negotiation is that there are more players than people realize; all with their own plan...

Debt plans multiply as default deadline approaches - The Oval: Tracking the Obama presidency

And each major side has to consolidate the various ideas into one coherent package before presenting it to the other side. I doubt that there will be anything of significant impact done right away to the debt because it is too politically harmful. There will be some spending cuts, just enough to brag about to the constituency, and some tax loopholes closed, also just enough to brag about to the constituency. But throughout my lifetime i've found that the nature of politics is to kick the can down the road.

What else is there to expect from ****-flinging primates?

Old 07-18-2011, 08:38 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,474,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Raise the ceiling by $2.5 Trillion with no cuts.
Then blame the WH for our troubles to get the pressure off Congress.
Brilliant move don't ya think ?

Moody's warns again on U.S. debt: eliminate debt ceiling - Jul. 18, 2011
"The plan, crafted by Sens. Mitch McConnell and Harry Reid, would allow the debt ceiling to be increased, while shifting the political blame for that action from Congress to the White House.

The measure would allow for three short-term increases of the debt ceiling while at the same time letting lawmakers register their disapproval."
I have heard too many Republicans say today that they just won't vote for that plan. Surely they won't try this one together. Reid can't keep his life on the floor of the Senate trying to support this.

Old 07-18-2011, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
The blame will be put on the republicans for not making any cuts while the democrats have brought 4 trillion to the table. Obama knew the republican's were full of it and wouldn't make any kind of cuts from their side. The right got their marching orders from wall street saying essentially to stop screwing around and raise the ceiling which McConnell will immediately obey. Obama and the democrats can slam the right from now all the way through the campaign season for refusing to make any cuts to stop the debt ceiling from being raised.
I have tired of your crap and will now demand that you come up with any cut that the Dems (Obama) has suggested to get to that $4 trillion. Not one cut has been suggested, just that the would cut the budget. Wait ..... .. .. there is no budget this year so there is nothing to cut.

Come on and tell me what cuts Obama has suggested other than a total amount.

Old 07-18-2011, 08:46 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,505,125 times
Quote:
Right go hurry up and tell because your little argument got smashed...LOL
You didnt even begin to smash my argument, you just pretended to make a point and then got upset when I asked you to clairify your point because you couldnt.. I see you went back and changed your posting, jees, wonder why
Quote:
As for citing the constitution, if you can't connect the dots of a political party stating that it will uphold party doctrine instead of "faithfully discharging their duties"..gee what can we label you???
Congress does not have a duty to raise taxes.. If you dont comprehend that, then what can we label you? What part of the Constitution says Congress is duty bound to RAISE taxes? I'll wait for you to re-read your constitution to find that mandate that says there is an obligation to increase taxes.

Also, btw, again, arent you one of those posters who supported Wisconsin Democrats who fled to another state, thus NOT doing their job?
Quote:
Does anyone else not see how this undermines their oath to " faithfully discharge the duties" of their office as representatives of this country first and foremost.
FAIL.. Their duty is to defend the CONSTITUTION, not the office or the country. If you cant even comprehend their oath of office, then you are the last one to tell others what it means. If anything, they violate their oath of office everytime they DO vote for a tax increase to pay for some of those liberal programs which the Constitution DIRECTLY says, it not the job of the Federal Government.

Old 07-18-2011, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Fall for what exactly? Reid is a Democrat..
And that is the very reason I want to see this crap debated before they vote. Reid is not real honest and surely he and his boys have figured out some way to take the GOP again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies