Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 07:17 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,362,798 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
The blame will be put on the republicans for not making any cuts while the democrats have brought 4 trillion to the table. Obama knew the republican's were full of it and wouldn't make any kind of cuts from their side. The right got their marching orders from wall street saying essentially to stop screwing around and raise the ceiling which McConnell will immediately obey. Obama and the democrats can slam the right from now all the way through the campaign season for refusing to make any cuts to stop the debt ceiling from being raised.
Dont you ever get tired of repeating the same old lies, cough, talking points?

Listen here AGAIN..

THERE ARE NO $4T IN CUTS BROUGHT TO THE TABLE by Obama.. Obama said the NEXT administration can make the cuts..

Please stop embarassing yourself and learn to think for yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2011, 07:24 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,158,355 times
Quote:
The blame will be put on the republicans for not making any cuts while the democrats have brought 4 trillion to the table. Obama knew the republican's were full of it and wouldn't make any kind of cuts from their side. The right got their marching orders from wall street saying essentially to stop screwing around and raise the ceiling which McConnell will immediately obey. Obama and the democrats can slam the right from now all the way through the campaign season for refusing to make any cuts to stop the debt ceiling from being raised.
You keep bringing this 4 trillion of future cuts up, when in reality, its bs. Future cuts that add up to nothing.

Obama was busy spending and spending and pushing Obama care. HE was the one who let things get this far. He is the reason, and he did so on purpose, why we are now facing a dead line.

And let's get something straight. Just because Obama and his bully pulpit are winning the PR battle, doesnt make him or the Democrats right.

Old 07-18-2011, 07:26 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,973,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Fall for what exactly? Reid is a Democrat..
The plan, crafted by Sens. Mitch McConnell and Harry Reid, would allow the debt ceiling to be increased, while shifting the political blame for that action from Congress to the White House.

For this...duh...

For not asking any questions of Republicans when they attempt to throw this whole fiasco into Pres Obama's lap.

For not asking why Republicans would sign an a pact that undermines their sworn oath to the United States and not the Republican Party.

Keep up!!

Old 07-18-2011, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Post after post after post,.....
If you want to cry because you were wrong again, thats your perogative.. A better solution would be to read others who have pointed out your errors so you can stop making them, so we can partake in an adult conversation rather than repeating talking points proven to be lies..

Old 07-18-2011, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
The plan, crafted by Sens. Mitch McConnell and Harry Reid, would allow the debt ceiling to be increased, while shifting the political blame for that action from Congress to the White House.

For this...duh...

For not asking any questions of Republicans when they attempt to throw this whole fiasco into Pres Obama's lap.
The duh is on you because I was well ahead of the curve last week when I suggested the GOP could increase the debt ceiling and then blame Obama if they only cared about a political agenda.
Quote:
For not asking why Republicans would sign an a pact that undermines their sworn oath to the United States and not the Republican Party.

Keep up!!
I asked you what pact you are referring too, you havent responded with anything to backup your claim.. YOU keep up, or dont make statements you cant substantiate.

Old 07-18-2011, 07:40 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,865,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
You keep bringing this 4 trillion of future cuts up, when in reality, its bs. Future cuts that add up to nothing.

Obama was busy spending and spending and pushing Obama care. HE was the one who let things get this far. He is the reason, and he did so on purpose, why we are now facing a dead line.

And let's get something straight. Just because Obama and his bully pulpit are winning the PR battle, doesnt make him or the Democrats right.
Cuts are cuts, and there is no way to slash that kind of money overnight. The Ryan bill for example that the right were praising as so incredible would take almost 30 years to supposedly balance the budget.
The right wing goons have been bullying and sabotaging everything Obama has tried to do since the day he gained office. The republicans raised the debt ceiling 7 times under W and now for some reason they are acting like it is some colossal issue.
Obama knew the right were just playing games again who would have called for massive spending cuts to essential services, Obama and the left would refuse leading to raising the debt ceiling and the right using this as a massive PR stunt to bash Obama. Obama flipped the table and pinned the republicans in the corner by proposing his own massive cuts putting the heat now on the republicans, making them look like the idiots who when it comes time to put their money where their mouths are, Obama knew the right wouldn't put up a dime of their own spending cuts and they didn't
The whole debt ceiling issue is for the most part just political games, but Obama got McConnell and the republicans, and he got them good.

Old 07-18-2011, 07:54 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,973,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
The duh is on you because I was well ahead of the curve last week when I suggested the GOP could increase the debt ceiling and then blame Obama if they only cared about a political agenda.

I asked you what pact you are referring too, you havent responded with anything to backup your claim.. YOU keep up, or dont make statements you cant substantiate.
No actually the duh is on YOU!!!!...no one cares what you predicted you are a nobody!!!

Further you suggested that I didn't know what I was talking about when I stated citizens would not ask Republican politicians any questions when they try to dump this in Pres. Obama's lap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest
Fall for what exactly? Reid is a Democrat..

Do you have a vote on any bills currently up for debate or seeking resolution??..NO, thought not!!!

. Americans for Tax Reform, an influential conservative group focused on fiscal issues, is known for pushing Republicans to sign a pledge promising they will not, under any circumstances, vote for a tax increase of any kind. That even goes for closing loopholes “unless it’s matched dollar for dollar by lowering tax rates.” The president of Americans for Tax Reform, Grover Norquist, says that “about 97 percent of the Republicans in the House and 85 percent in the Senate have signed on. It’s become a party position.”

So they signed a pledge not to negotiate in good faith UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, this invalidates their sworn oath as representatives of the people.

Yeah I know you'll find some excuse , but it'll only work with people who already don't want to see the truth.

Last edited by reconmark; 07-18-2011 at 08:12 PM..

Old 07-18-2011, 07:56 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,357,547 times
Quote:
Cuts are cuts, and there is no way to slash that kind of money overnight. The Ryan bill for example that the right were praising as so incredible would take almost 30 years to supposedly balance the budget.
The right wing goons have been bullying and sabotaging everything Obama has tried to do since the day he gained office. The republicans raised the debt ceiling 7 times under W and now for some reason they are acting like it is some colossal issue.
Obama knew the right were just playing games again who would have called for massive spending cuts to essential services, Obama and the left would refuse leading to raising the debt ceiling and the right using this as a massive PR stunt to bash Obama. Obama flipped the table and pinned the republicans in the corner by proposing his own massive cuts putting the heat now on the republicans, making them look like the idiots who when it comes time to put their money where their mouths are, Obama knew the right wouldn't put up a dime of their own spending cuts and they didn't
The whole debt ceiling issue is for the most part just political games, but Obama got McConnell and the republicans, and he got them good.
Obama: "I propose $4T in spending cuts that future administrations will make, not mine"
How can you take this guy seriously?

Old 07-18-2011, 08:02 PM

Quote:
No actually the duh is on YOU!!!!...no one cares what you predicted you are a nobody!!!

Do you have a vote on any bills currently up for debate or seeking resolution??..NO, thought not!!!
neither does the person the OP linked to, but that hasnt stopped us all from commenting. Ooh I'm sorry, you only want posters to post here that you agree with.. SUCKS TO BE YOU I guess!!!
Quote:
. Americans for Tax Reform, an influential conservative group focused on fiscal issues, is known for pushing Republicans to sign a pledge promising they will not, under any circumstances, vote for a tax increase of any kind. That even goes for closing loopholes “unless it’s matched dollar for dollar by lowering tax rates.” The president of Americans for Tax Reform, Grover Norquist, says that “about 97 percent of the Republicans in the House and 85 percent in the Senate have signed on. It’s become a party position.”
That doesnt undermine their sworn oath of office.. Maybe you need to stop making claims you cant back up..
Quote:
So they signed a pledge not to negotiate in good faith UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, this invalidates their sworn oath as representatives of the people.
Please quote me the part of the sworn oath of office which says that they swear to be fiscally irresponsible, swear to bankrupt the nation, swear to increase spending to the point it cant be paid for.. Maybe if Democrats werent out increasing federal spending 44% in the 4 years they held Congress, we wouldnt have a need to "sign" a pledge to cut spending.. Dont blame the GOP because YOUR PARTY increased spending which couldnt be paid for!!
stop making claims you cant back up..
Quote:
Yeah I know you'll find some excuse , but it'll only work with people who already don't want to see the truth.
The truth, is that what you call it? Great, point out to me Obamas plan to cut spending. I'll wait patiently for you to link us to it.. SHOW ME THE TRUTH!!!

Old 07-18-2011, 08:13 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,836,810 times
Quote:
Obama brought 4T to the table in future cuts DOWN THE ROAD.
The Dems brought what I posted..raise the ceiling and blame Obama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies