Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2011, 10:23 AM

270 posts, read 732,624 times

Advertisements

It's interesting that you feel that you can tell me what is and is not a flawed perception of spirituality. :-D

Given your apparent close-mindedness to "my spirituality" I daresay this forum, especially this thread is not the time or the place to launch into a lengthy discussion of what spirituality is, what it means to me and others, why I chose to follow the Bible, why I chose to at least try and live my life according to it's standards, discuss and refute claims that the Bible doesn't really talk about homosexuality (as such discussions would then lead to a tangent on Biblical translations, authority, etc etc).

It's been pretty evident throughout this discussion that no matter what I say, it's to be disregarded because I'm "one of them."

Yet, I've been respectful and thoughtful throughout.

In anycase...back to lurkdom for me.

Old 06-20-2011, 10:41 AM

11,431 posts, read 18,997,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpea3829 View Post
It's interesting that you feel that you can tell me what is and is not a flawed perception of spirituality. :-D

Given your apparent close-mindedness to "my spirituality" I daresay this forum, especially this thread is not the time or the place to launch into a lengthy discussion of what spirituality is, what it means to me and others, why I chose to follow the Bible, why I chose to at least try and live my life according to it's standards, discuss and refute claims that the Bible doesn't really talk about homosexuality (as such discussions would then lead to a tangent on Biblical translations, authority, etc etc).

It's been pretty evident throughout this discussion that no matter what I say, it's to be disregarded because I'm "one of them."

Yet, I've been respectful and thoughtful throughout.

In anycase...back to lurkdom for me.
Why isn't the Senate voting on SSM? I've been watching the Live Stream of the Senate and see nothing but a bunch of senators honoring their local constituents. the other day, they bestowed an award on jimmer (the mormon basketball player). It's a bunch of fluff to make them look good.

Old 06-20-2011, 11:06 AM

1,350 posts, read 3,544,841 times
Whats more detrimental to the future of our children (and by relation the future of our nation) .... teaching kids that its ok to be gay & that homosexuals aren't monsters or sexual predators ........ or the Fundies who home school their kids & teach them that evolution is a hoax & claim man walked the planet with the dinosaurs? This is why religion (especially the Fundies) should have no say in our government.

Old 06-20-2011, 11:25 AM

270 posts, read 732,624 times
Yup...that's right...marginalize those big bad fundies. Conservative christians are the only ones that it's perfectly ok to marginalize.

Any other group? It's not politically correct...but it's perfectly ok to make such statements towards Fundies.

In the end...it is written who will win this war. The victory has already been won...

Old 06-20-2011, 12:06 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,997,649 times
Quote:
Yup...that's right...marginalize those big bad fundies. Conservative christians are the only ones that it's perfectly ok to marginalize.

Any other group? It's not politically correct...but it's perfectly ok to make such statements towards Fundies.

In the end...it is written who will win this war. The victory has already been won...

Fundies are a bunch of busybodies that will not understand that marriage is a civil right, not a religious one. I don;t know of any gay couples that would want to marry in a church that is so openly hostile and un-christian to them. They are also very hateful. Just look at their protest signs. Their hate is oozing out from them. After Prop 8 victory, those same "christian folk" were practically beating up on the gay protesters. the anti-marriage forces are of a very poor character.

Old 06-20-2011, 12:37 PM

22,184 posts, read 19,457,116 times
Quote:
Oh man, I just cannot let this one go. It must be perfectly normal and acceptable to be a sociopath otherwise there would not be sociopaths. (And lest I be flamed...no, I"m not comparing homosexuality to being a sociopath, merely pointing out the ridiculousness of the statement that the mere presence of something makes it normal and acceptable).

Still waiting for a valid, logical reason why it is unacceptable to marry a goat.

It was only 20 yrs ago most people, christians and non-christians alike, viewed homosexuality the same way you all are treating bestiality today.

Do you think in 20 yrs there will be a great "awakening" in regards to bestiality and we'll be having this same discussion?

I think it's pretty sad the way folks with opinions that are different than your own are attacked here. That's not what our great nation is about.

You know what our nation is about? Mutual respect. Kind of like the relationship I have with my aforementioned gay hairdresser.

He knows I'm a fundie...just as I know he's gay. But he treats me with dignity and respect and cuts my hair and does a fab job. And I treat him with the same respect and dignity. He accepts me for who I am, and I accept him for who he is.

But that doesn't seem to be enough for most in the gay movement and those that support it. There's almost this drive to eradicate the big bad christians that believe homosexuality is a sin.

Not surprising really...

Why do you still not comprehend the concept that you are trying to compare consensual adult relationships with something that isn't a consensual adult relationship?? Why do you need to go down that kind of route of extreme hate??

Old 06-20-2011, 12:39 PM

22,184 posts, read 19,457,116 times
Quote:

Fundies aren't being marginalized. This is about giving equal rights to everyone, which is something Fundies are trying to stop. No fundie will be harmed, nor will any fundie's life be changed by allowing gays to have the same rights you or I have.

Old 06-20-2011, 12:52 PM

23,542 posts, read 18,693,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jblake78728 View Post
Totally agree.

I'm a happily married heterosexual father of 2 that supports same sex marriage for 2 reasons ..... 1) its the right thing to do & 2) Contrary to popular belief this is not a "Christian Nation" & Christianity should have no bearing on our laws. To deny same sex marriage in this day & age because of religious beliefs is ridiculous. If the Religious Right wins this round where does it end? Who/what do they come for next? Make no mistake about it the Religious Right is little more than a Fascist group that hides behind a cross.
I have a question for you and I ask for a serious answer. Do you think we should end all government assistance to the poor and their families?

Old 06-20-2011, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post
Homosexuality is absolutely perfectly normal and acceptable, otherwise there would not be homosexuals.
Can't tell if you are joking or being serious, but just in case:

So therefore we must not have any alcoholics, pedophiles, murderers, etc.
Or are those things normal as well?

Old 06-20-2011, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
marriage is a civil right, not a religious one..
A 100% lie. You need to go read the constitution.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post

After Prop 8 victory, those same "christian folk" were practically beating up on the gay protesters. the anti-marriage forces are of a very poor character.
Another lie, did you not see the thing with homosexual activists terrorizong a Mormon Temple? Or the lunatiac who disrupted the church service in Michigan thereafter. The "traditional folk" are very tame compared to the radicals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies