Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2012, 12:29 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,400,463 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
Just how many friends have you HAD that considered abortion when the man didn't want her to have one?

To me, a woman getting an abortion though the man may not want her to sounds all too real. Isn't "My body, my choice" the first thing you hear in defense of an abortion? I should think it's more rare (and increasingly so, with the times) for a woman to agree to carry the baby full-term just for his sake. Her getting the abortion anyway is probably more common when the two aren't together anymore, though.
One did, and when it was evident he wanted to keep the child they ended up having it and getting married . However in every other case the guy agreed with the girl in the choice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2012, 12:52 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,385,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
You honestly believe that men should be able to force a woman to have an abortion? Abortion isn't a "risk-free" or easy procedure and for many, it is a emotionally life altering decision. Plus, many women feel that abortion is wrong so shame on any guy who thinks it's right to force them to abort a baby.

I just saw this thread and want to express that I'm pro-life and I do think it's hypocritical for "pro-choicers" to deny men the choice of whether to pay child support or not. Seems that "choice" is limited to the women in these situations but if you are truly "pro-choice", you'd believe in choices for all and not just for the women. It does take two to tangle.
How do you feel about single mothers whose children are provided food, housing, and medical care by the state/federal gov't?

Old 02-20-2012, 01:00 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,149,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
How do you feel about single mothers whose children are provided food, housing, and medical care by the state/federal gov't?
I think it's a shame that so many folks are not taking adequate precautions and having sex when they are not ready for parenthood and depriving their children of a stable home life. Unfortunately, the government winds up picking up the tab for the irresponsibility of both the men and women in this case but I rather pay as a tax payer versus having the children starve.

Old 02-20-2012, 01:03 PM

23,405 posts, read 37,266,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personwhoisaperson View Post
So because you don't know anyone that's gotten an abortion without cunsulting the father, it must not happen?
I've known several, they were Catholic, teenagers, and it was the 70s.

Nope, and I'm not bashing women, I'm saying that usually when a girl has an abortion she doesn't cunsult the father. The whole "Its my body, its my chioce." Argument that is so often used ring a bell?
It usually helps to comment in the thread after you read it.
Do you make book reports without reading the book?

Old 02-20-2012, 01:11 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,111,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
Barack Obama is gay. This is a first. I've heard him being called Muslim, Kenyan, a terrorist, the anti-Christ, Satan, but never gay.

Preach it, brotha. Maybe I can get Obama to join my float during gay pride.
Straight up! You see how Obama looks when he smiles? It's creepy. I regret voting for him in 2008, especially since he picked a white knight for vice president, Mr. Joe VAWA Biden. Obama sure is no friend to normal men.

Yet, women love these type of men and keep voting for him. I guess women are used to political corruption which damages normal human beings.

Old 02-20-2012, 01:12 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,461,023 times
Quote:
So because you don't know anyone that's gotten an abortion without cunsulting the father, it must not happen?

Nope, and I'm not bashing women, I'm saying that usually when a girl has an abortion she doesn't cunsult the father. The whole "Its my body, its my chioce." Argument that is so often used ring a bell?
So, at 16 and being home schooled, you know a LOT of "girls" who have had abortions? And that they usually act one way?

That's funny because I'm old and I only know a handful of women who have had abortions, and I have a great number of women friends in their 20s.

Old 02-20-2012, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
So, at 16 and being home schooled, you know a LOT of "girls" who have had abortions? And that they usually act one way?

That's funny because I'm old and I only know a handful of women who have had abortions, and I have a great number of women friends in their 20s.
Zing!

Old 02-20-2012, 01:21 PM

8,275 posts, read 12,940,744 times
I have to agree with the OP. it doesn't make sense. Like the many stupid things that go on in our laws and courts....

I'm sorry if you are stupid enough to sqeeze the coffee you placed between your legs I could care less your couter got burned... survival of the fittest to me.

And we don't need warnings on chainsaws not to use around genitals..... Our courts seem to want to support the weakest... let them fail. human kind will get stronger weeding the idiots out.

Courts want any poor fool to pay for a baby, doesn't even matter if it is genetically his... as long as he was doing the woman at the time its good enough for the courts. Short answer is they don't want to support these unwanted kids.

Old 02-20-2012, 01:23 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,111,360 times
Quote:
"Why do the males get no say?"

Because we females wont let them usually. Males should definetly have a say considering that baby is part of him.
Ain't that the truth. Of course these things are going to disagree and doubt a man's decisions regardless.

Old 02-20-2012, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
I have to agree with the OP. it doesn't make sense. Like the many stupid things that go on in our laws and courts....

I'm sorry if you are stupid enough to sqeeze the coffee you placed between your legs I could care less your couter got burned... survival of the fittest to me.

And we don't need warnings on chainsaws not to use around genitals..... Our courts seem to want to support the weakest... let them fail. human kind will get stronger weeding the idiots out.

Courts want any poor fool to pay for a baby, doesn't even matter if it is genetically his... as long as he was doing the woman at the time its good enough for the courts. Short answer is they don't want to support these unwanted kids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies