Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2011, 01:54 AM

5,730 posts, read 10,131,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
The only sin here is your hatred and bigotry and desire to treat gay people as lesser citizens deserving of fewer civil rights than you.

YOUR bigotry and hate is showing through.

What the other poster said was:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tymberwulf
Well if I am the minority (which I do not believe) then let me be the vocal minority and say I am whole heartily against gays using the word marriage to define their sinful ways.
As a straight male, who has had both Lesbian and Homosexual friends and relatives...

I am 100% for 'Civil unions' and 'Equal protection/rights under the law' and 100% against Homosexual marriage.

I am also 100% against the government having ANY involvement with Marriage in ANY form.

Remember the separation of church and state?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2011, 02:04 AM

5,874 posts, read 10,534,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themanwithnoname View Post
I am 100% for 'Civil unions' and 'Equal protection/rights under the law' and 100% against Homosexual marriage.
I dont understand. Are you against heterosexual marriage too?

Old 06-03-2011, 02:07 AM

4,426 posts, read 5,921,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themanwithnoname View Post
YOUR bigotry and hate is showing through.

What the other poster said was:
As a straight male, who has had both Lesbian and Homosexual friends and relatives...

I am also 100% against the government having ANY involvement with Marriage in ANY form.

Remember the separation of church and state?
if you are married, then you should realize you get special tax incentives for being married, ie tax breaks.

Keep in Mind also that there are church's that will marry gays. so if the government is not involved we technically already do have gay marriage then. what is keeping gays from marriage is the government...

what we're talking about with many of you is the definition of marriage... um.. marriage is a union, nothing more.. it can be a noun and a verb.. two piece of paper glued together can be refered to the "marriage of two pieces of paper" Many english speaking countries use the word in such a way quite frequently... I'm sorry but nobody owns the english language... and whether you're a man or a woman marrying another man or a woman, if you're joining two lives together to be recognized under the law (joint responsibilities) then it's a marriage... Making up a separate term for gays is ridiculous and unfounded. to keep "the word" from a gay couple is your way of saying "it's not the same" under the law it is though..

Old 06-03-2011, 06:11 AM

597 posts, read 1,298,915 times
I am not against gays.
I have no interest knowing what they do behind doors.
I am against their fancy public behaviors.
It is very embarrassing when you are with your family (include children) in a restaurant or a mall, and saw two bearbed men kissing or caressing in front of you.
Is it a normal behavior?? Not for me.

Old 06-03-2011, 06:13 AM

13,900 posts, read 9,778,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAZILIAN View Post
I am not against gays.
I have no interest knowing what they do behind doors.
I am against their fancy public behaviors.
It is very embarrassing when you are with your family (include children) in a restaurant or a mall, and saw two bearbed men kissing or caressing in front of you.
Is it a normal behavior?? Not for me.
That's what happens in a free society, people can live how they choose.

Old 06-03-2011, 06:25 AM

1,291 posts, read 2,896,406 times
What majority are you talking about?

I don't support gay anything and neither do my friends and family. What gives you the right to speak for the "majority of Americans"?

So, No! In fact, hell no!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragx6 View Post
Well I don't know about Brazilians, but the majority of Americans support gay marriage. So. Yeah.

Old 06-03-2011, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
That's what happens in a free society, people can live how they choose.
I think even in a free society there must be behavior' limits and rules, otherwise will be the chaos and anarchy.
The history tell us, one of the reason of Roman Empire fall was the moral degradation of its people.

Old 06-03-2011, 06:54 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,620,504 times
I have yet to figure out why gay people are so intent on being married, if it's just a piece of paper. It has to be more than just a contract...people get so worked up over it.

Old 06-03-2011, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragx6 View Post
Well I don't know about Brazilians, but the majority of Americans support gay marriage. So. Yeah.
I love US and I know this nation is majority protestant.
I don't believe the "majority of Americans" support gay marriage.

Old 06-03-2011, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
I've always thought that Brazil was a better place than that. The pictures of Rio and Carnaval depict an anything goes, live and let live, joie de vivre mentatlity. Your neighbor Argentina has made gay marriages legal. Please tell me that ppl that think like you are not the majority in your country.
1) Brazil is a good place.
2) Carnaval is just for 3 days a year.
3) Argentina is Argentina. Brazil is different. (water and wine)
4) People "like me" is the majority in my country. (thank God)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies