Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 05:36 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,908,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin View Post
To further the point. Forget the commentator, the source is the congressional budget office and bloomberg. Where are your guys sources?
Speaking of sources, where does the money for all these social programs come from?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2011, 05:37 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,191,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
real easy to make unsupported claims. let's see what you got. For starters, point out what was false in the video link.... Is there one fact presented in that video that you can disprove?

Does it matter what the source of information is? You automatically dismiss information because of the source? you really that far gone, that you can only believe what you hear in your wing nut echo chamber?

KNOWN TO LIE???? got the FACTS of that one?

sounds like this is only opinion...
Then list the facts so they can be disputed.. I'll wait patiently because you had no problem with the OP or the video making unsupported claims.. Ooh I get it, you accept opinions that you agree with as facts..
Quote:
To further the point. Forget the commentator, the source is the congressional budget office and bloomberg. Where are your guys sources?
I dont see a link to the CBO report.. I thought you wanted to discuss sources..

Old 05-13-2011, 05:38 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,418,885 times
Quote:
Can someone please explain this to me?

Summary:

During the Obamacare debate, the GOP complained that Obamacare would hurt seniors by cutting Medicare by $500 billion. Then they unanimously vote to eliminate medicare and replace it with vouches that does not guarantee benefits like medicare does. In which every single independent analysis states that seniors will be paying more out of pocket expenses.

With the deflections, someone please explain this to me.
Neither can a lot of older voters. First the Republicans demonized death panels and rationing medicare, then turn around and suggest the exact same thing.

Old 05-13-2011, 05:39 PM

2,963 posts, read 6,270,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Speaking of sources, where does the money for all these social programs come from?
Tax payers.

Old 05-13-2011, 05:46 PM

2,314 posts, read 4,803,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
You.

And other tax payers.

Because, you know, we as a nation are supposed to care and take care of one another. Like other developed nations do.

So when you're dying of an illness and can't get covered....... don't whine. You'll be dead because of yourself.

Bye bye!

Old 05-14-2011, 07:19 AM

6,721 posts, read 5,208,846 times
LOL, don't turn it toward me, you made the claim that the video was bogus, back up your claim. otherwise you are nothing but a wing nut hack that throws opinion out and expects everyone to belive your opinion over fact.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Then list the facts so they can be disputed.. I'll wait patiently because you had no problem with the OP or the video making unsupported claims.. Ooh I get it, you accept opinions that you agree with as facts..

I dont see a link to the CBO report.. I thought you wanted to discuss sources..
you never let the facts get in the way of your talking points agenda.

Old 06-02-2011, 02:36 AM

3,264 posts, read 5,596,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
There is no guaranteed benefits in medicare.
wrong!

and it's "are" not "is"

Old 06-02-2011, 04:00 AM

4,897 posts, read 8,326,559 times
The GOP are liars. Nothing new there.

Old 06-02-2011, 04:34 AM

1,027 posts, read 825,806 times
To be fair to the non-believers of Cenk's video from MSNBC....

If Glen Beck told me the sky was blue I would have to go outside and check to see myself.

Old 06-02-2011, 04:43 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,774,915 times
Quote:
Can someone please explain this to me?

Summary:

During the Obamacare debate, the GOP complained that Obamacare would hurt seniors by cutting Medicare by $500 billion. Then they unanimously vote to eliminate medicare and replace it with vouches that does not guarantee benefits like medicare does. In which every single independent analysis states that seniors will be paying more out of pocket expenses.

With the deflections, someone please explain this to me.
While it is clear your curiosity is disingenuous I will bite. The complaint about Medicate cuts was the Dems wanted to cut the only program that was cost effective and gave seniors real choice, Medicare Advantage. While you describe what Republicans are proposing as cuts, that isn't accurate, it is a revamp of the program. As Medicare is due to go bust in 10 years and Obamacare will accelerate that process. It is clear the Republican plan is the sensible plan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies