Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2011, 10:17 PM

6,391 posts, read 5,191,654 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
FYI, the White House was in the R's hands for 20 of those last 30 years, the Senate was in the R's hands for 16 of those 30 years and the House was in the R's hands for 13 years out of those 30 years. Don't think you statement adds up. another fail
Well, actually.

The democrats controlled the house from 1954 - 1995 and then from 2006 - 2008, which means out of the last 30 years the Republicans had the house for 14 years, not 20, I am sure it was a minor math error. That means the Dems had it for 16 years.

And for 16 of the last 30 years the Democrats controlled the Senate, while the Republicans had it for 14 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2011, 10:24 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,429,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Sniper View Post
Here is your homework assignment, should you choose to accept it...
I would like for you to produce two lists; On the first, list out everything that the Republicans have done for the American Working Class over the last 30 years. On the second, list out everything that the Republicans have done for the corporate fascist ruling class over the last 30 years.

The Dems are not exempt from this either but we will get to them later...
Does that Working Class include what the unions have been calling the middle class? I keep wondering just who the middle class is. It appears to me that they would have to be entrepreneurs who are self-employed, but who knows.

Old 05-14-2011, 10:31 PM

24,573 posts, read 33,498,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
The Republicans gave us Ken Starr and the American Inquisition! Hurray!
What American Inquisition?

Old 05-14-2011, 10:46 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,038,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
There are a lot better ways to troll than by ordering people to make lists in a condescending way. Here is your report card:

Wit: F
Being condescending: C-
Comic value: D-
Intellectual thought: F
Substance of the underlying point to be made: F

A lot like Obama's grades at Columbia. You fail.

People who fail at Columbia are unlikely to be accepted to Harvard, much less become editor of the Harvard Law Revue. It's a pretty select bunch.

First Black Elected to Head Harvard's Law Review - NYTimes.com

Old 05-15-2011, 02:19 AM

38,779 posts, read 26,586,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
What Have The Republicans Done For Working Class America Over The Last 30 Years???

They gave us trickle down economics. Wonder when it will start working!

When Reagan took office in January 1981, the misery index was 19.33%.

It has never been that high since then.

Last month unemployment edged back up to 9.0%.

Employment Situation Summary

Inflation has increased to 3.16% giving us a 12.16% misery index.

Welcome to InflationData.com

The index was 7.49% when Bush left office. That means it has increased by 62% in just two years and appears to still be increasing.

I don't ever want to go back to the dark days of Carternomics.

If you lived through it, I don't have to explain why.

Old 05-15-2011, 03:15 AM

657 posts, read 700,664 times
The Repubs are the party of the rich...their propaganda machine is just usually much better oiled than that of the Dems.

Well to be fair, Reps have it alot easier because they have very powerful weapons in their arsenal, namely fear hatred and greed.

Old 05-15-2011, 04:05 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,986,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by liebknecht View Post
The Repubs are the party of the rich...their propaganda machine is just usually much better oiled than that of the Dems.

Well to be fair, Reps have it alot easier because they have very powerful weapons in their arsenal, namely fear hatred and greed.
i see that the european propaganda machine is still pretty well oiled.

perhaps you can tell me why democratic controlled cities are still poor after 30 years?

both parties have let americans down.

both parties have supported wars, illegal immigration, bank bailouts, and degradation of our currency.

i hope in the next election cycle that americans work TOGETHER and throw all those bums out.

Old 05-15-2011, 07:12 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,191,654 times
Default Wow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liebknecht View Post

First, let me preface with, I am more of a constitutionlist than anything, I dislike both parties.

Now, the Dems have a very well oiled fear, hatred and greed machine, as you have just displayed. You fear the Republicans, based on what? What you are spoon fed? Trust me, both parties are failures.

Have you read the constitution? Welfare, food stamps, section 8, universal health care, NONE of these things are a part of our charter.

We are supposed to provide for ourselves. Asking everyone in the U.S. to chip in and pay for your house, your food, your health care is kinda like stealing.

Besides, we are the most generous people in the world, why are we having the government take money away from 16 year olds trying to earn money, as well as college students trying to earn money to go to college, so someone else can be given a place to live in, and food to eat so they don't have to do anything for themselves. That teaches people dependency on the government and that they don't have to earn their own living.

Being so generous, we buy food and medical care and places to live for people all over the world. Why don't we take all those world charities, and first apply them to people within our borders, instead of people everywhere else, most of whom hate us anyways, and take care of people here.

Old 05-15-2011, 07:30 AM

2,046 posts, read 1,582,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Sniper View Post
Here is your homework assignment, should you choose to accept it...
I would like for you to produce two lists; On the first, list out everything that the Republicans have done for the American Working Class over the last 30 years. On the second, list out everything that the Republicans have done for the corporate fascist ruling class over the last 30 years.

The Dems are not exempt from this either but we will get to them later...
the republican have allowed the democrats to turn many many working class Americans, into parasites, making a living on the backs of the fewer and fewer working class Americans. unfortunetly the same has been done with corporate America, they have become parasites to the working class Americans. and we can thank the republicans for allowing the democrat to do this to the working class Americans!

Old 05-15-2011, 07:51 AM

6,721 posts, read 5,227,747 times
WELL, actually, you're WRONG, I'll stick with what I said,
Quote:
Senate was in the R's hands for 16 of those 30 years and the House was in the R's hands for 13 years out of those 30 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
Well, actually.

The democrats controlled the house from 1954 - 1995 and then from 2006 - 2008, which means out of the last 30 years the Republicans had the house for 14 years, not 20, I am sure it was a minor math error. That means the Dems had it for 16 years.

And for 16 of the last 30 years the Democrats controlled the Senate, while the Republicans had it for 14 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies