Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 12:33 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Buries head in sand, denies racism and prejudice toward black conservatives.
.....and you're another one who doesn't know this. How would you know? Oh yea...you heard it on the Rush Limbaugh show.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2011, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
Black conservatives are more hated by the mainstream black community than neo-nazis are hated by the Jewish community.
And you know this, how? Blacks came up to you and TOLD you this to your face....clear out of the blue?

Old 04-25-2011, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
"Do democrats commit hate crimes against black republicans"

Once again the tortuous logic of Republican bending the meaning of hate crimes and racism to such a point that they have absolutely no lexicological meaning.

Anyway...

Considering the epithets hurled at folks like Obama, Jessie Jackson, and Al Sharpton, conservatives really shouldn't be looking for pity parties.
LMAO....funny how they care so much about black people so long as they have an R after their names. But any ordinary black person couldn't get the time of day from these folks.

What kills me is how they know so much about how the black community thinks about this or that....as if we run up to white people and tell them how we hate black Republicans.

Old 04-25-2011, 12:38 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,948,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
And you know this, how? Blacks came up to you and TOLD you this to your face....clear out of the blue?
They don't know...anything to deflect from the real issues. Black Republicans don't even cross my mind until I see threads like this or silly ads. It's okay for them to victimize themselves but when true racism or bigotry happens right in their faces, they call the REAL victims whiners or turn a blind eye to it.

Old 04-25-2011, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
They don't know...anything to deflect from the real issues. Black Republicans don't even cross my mind until I see threads like this or silly ads. It's okay for them to victimize themselves but when true racism or bigotry happens right in their faces, they call the REAL victims whiners or turn a blind eye to it.
Of course they don't know...and they don't actually care either.

Most of these posters know a grand total of 2 black people TOPS!! But they wanna come on here and pretend as if they know what black folks are feeling on any given topic.

Black folks don't even think about black Republicans. And when we do, it's likely to be around election time or something like that. 9 outta 10 black people couldn't tell you who Thomas Sowell is. I'd bet that 8 outta 10 black folks don't know who Jesse Lee Peterson or Clarence Thomas are either. We're just as disconnected from politics as every other race in this country.

People have got to stop thinking that the rest of the country gets into politics just because they do.

Old 04-25-2011, 12:45 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,277,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
i don't know about hate crimes but I do know blacks can't stand conservative blacks and liberal whites can't stand them either. Liberals feel the same way about gay and lesbian Republicans.

Nita
And you know this how?
Talk radio?

Old 04-25-2011, 12:47 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,727,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Great bit of information on how the left really is towards our black population on the opposite side of the political arena....
i'm not clear on how you made the jump from "a group of Democrats" to "all Democrats"

Old 04-25-2011, 12:51 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,040,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Buries head in sand, denies racism and prejudice toward black conservatives.
Black conservatives are a race?

Are those who you allege act in a racist and prejudicial manner towards black conservatives, all love and spice to white conservatives, or do they generally hold all conservatives in some degree of contempt?

This argument about black conservatives is a complete charade because there is no firm definition of who or what constitutes a black conservative. Politics in the African American community isn't just based upon party affiliation.

You would be better off arguing whether or not black republicans are treated unfairly, and even then, it would depend on what particular stances they take on any particular issue. Senator Edward Brooke, a Republican who served in the U.S. Senate from 1967 to 1979 has and is highly regarded in the African American community. Bill Cosby, when it comes to many issue regarding education, welfare and other social issues is a conservative, despite the fact that he is a registered Democrat, and despite several controversial statements which ran against the grain of "liberal orthodoxy" is still highly regarded in the Africa American community.

Being a conservative isn't enough to be disrespected by the African American community, you have to advance policies which the community deems counter to its interest.

Sorry that life is a bit more complicated than your cookie cutter hopes and dreams.

Old 04-25-2011, 12:56 PM

5,960 posts, read 5,545,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Man...

A lot of your comments seem to be based on a theory that Black America is like some lost Brazilian tribe or something.

Unless you are a cultural anthropologist with a PhD in "African-America" there is NO WAY that a white person could know ANYTHING about black culture.

Let me put it to you this way...

My American brothers and sisters of recent African ancestry aren't exactly the quietest wallflowers when it comes to offering their opinions about black America and current events.

Old 04-25-2011, 01:07 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,440,811 times
I could not say this for sure, without actual knowing and having proof. What i do know for sure, is that there is enough hatred to go round on both sides and from both party's neither one comes guilt-free and both have done things that spark hate. That is something that does go aginst my grain, i hate it, that there is hatred on both sides, cause hate does not solve problems, only makes matters worse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies