Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 08:11 PM

5,319 posts, read 8,990,328 times

Advertisements

Once again ... more signs of our economy improving under the leadership of President Barack Obama.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/21/bu...er=rss&emc=rss

Quote:
Big earnings surprises gave Wall Street a positive spin on Wednesday, propelling shares to their best day in a month and lifting the Dow industrials to their highest in almost three years.
Thank you again President Obama for leading our country out of its worst recession since The Great Depression.

Greatly looking forward to your re-election in 2012.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2011, 08:17 PM

2,608 posts, read 2,099,202 times
Well he is helping out rich Earlyretired guys like me, but this will end even worse than his mentor Bush's stock rally...

I like to think of it as the illegal Obomber election rally...

The stock market isn't the economy...

Old 04-20-2011, 08:25 PM

2,095 posts, read 2,583,381 times
You're doing a heckuva job Obama.

He just got himself another 4 years. Too bad he is limited to just two terms. It will take at least 8 more years to fix the damage that the Bush whitehouse and previous Democratic congress did to the economy.

Old 04-20-2011, 08:26 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,467,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
Once again ... more signs of our economy improving under the leadership of President Barack Obama.

Thank you again President Obama for leading our country out of its worst recession since The Great Depression.

You are kidding. Right? If the Obama administration was doing such a good job the stock market would at least be rising faster than the dollar is tanking! Don't be fooled. Just look at the futures. Look at /DX (the dollar). See how it has been going DOWWWWn. Look at Gold and Silver skyrocketing. That is another sign of BAD TIMES. Look at Oil Skyrocket and the price of food going up and unemployment figures are actually WORSE than they were in the "Great Depression".

At least we stiil had factories and a manufacturing sector back in the early 1900's. Today we have nothing but a bloated government and police state that is twice as big as the private sector.

Old 04-20-2011, 08:29 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,548,114 times
Corporate earnings on their foreign revenue are signs of a recovery and are all due to Obama ?
Wow..you drank the whole pitcher didn't you ?

Old 04-20-2011, 08:34 PM

"Enjoy it while it lasts kid, because it never does" Gordon Gekko

Old 04-20-2011, 08:37 PM

2,095 posts, read 2,583,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
You are kidding. Right? If the Obama administration was doing such a good job the stock market would at least be rising faster than the dollar is tanking! Don't be fooled. Just look at the futures. Look at /DX (the dollar). See how it has been going DOWWWWn. Look at Gold and Silver skyrocketing. That is another sign of BAD TIMES. Look at Oil Skyrocket and the price of food going up and unemployment figures are actually WORSE than they were in the "Great Depression".

At least we stiil had factories and a manufacturing sector back in the early 1900's. Today we have nothing but a bloated government and police state that is twice as big as the private sector.
In a contracting economic environment, you WANT your currency to weaken.

That helps with exports and FDI...things you want during a recession.

The only people who are complaining about a weaker dollar are those who are hoping for Obama to fail or have no knowledge about how the global economy operates.

Oil and food have gone up but they have not "skyrocketed" as you put it. Most people can handle the increase.

The dollar needs to fall more. I'm hoping for the dxy to drop to 70. That will really help our economy.

Old 04-20-2011, 08:39 PM

7,788 posts, read 8,036,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Corporate earnings on their foreign revenue are signs of a recovery and are all due to Obama ?
Wow..you drank the whole pitcher didn't you ?
They sure did,when I loose my shack I call a house I will thank obama and wall street and the banksters for finally cutting the leash.

Old 04-20-2011, 08:42 PM

7,943 posts, read 17,264,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post

Maybe I need to smoke some of whatever you are smoking.

I could totally care less what the Dow does. Every day oil rises, the average American gets poorer. Most economists are predicting a peak somewhere between $150 and $200 barrel this summer, with $6 gas likely. By the election of 2012 there is no way Obama will be re-elected. This 2008-09 crisis was nothing compared to whats coming in 2011-12. Keep your head in the sand and pretend everything is good because for most people, its getting worse, much worse.

Old 04-20-2011, 08:44 PM

In a contracting economic environment, you WANT your currency to weaken.

That helps with exports and FDI...things you want during a recession.

The only people who are complaining about a weaker dollar are those who want are hoping for Obama to fail or have no knowledge about how teh global economy operates.

Oil and food have gone up but they have "skyrocketed" as you put it. Most people can handle the increase.

The dollar needs to fall more. I'm hoping for the dxy to drop to $70. That will really help our economy.

Even S$P thinks whole Ponzi is about to unravel...

It takes some guts to be in this market right now...

Kenyanism is doomed to failure...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies