Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 07:37 PM

4,300 posts, read 7,050,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
McDonalds recently hires 50,000 employees:

News - April 19, 2011 - McDonalds hiring 50,000 workers
Yeah! McDonald's jobs for everyone!

Welcome to the Obama economy.

Quote:
National unemployment continues it's steady decline under Obama:
Unemployment is not any lower today than it was when Obama took office.

And for the record, there are only 697,000 Americans employed in auto manufacturing, parts suppliers, auto research, and metal fabrication specifically for the auto industry. 200k of those jobs are in Michigan. That is not even one million, much less "millions" of jobs. In fact, there are fewer people employed in the industry today than there were when Obama took office.

There is one field where employment has been up since Obama took office: fast food jobs. 12% of jobs created last year were in fast food.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2011, 07:59 PM

5,319 posts, read 9,008,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bostonian123 View Post
Agreed with you until the last part.

The recession was not just Bush's fault. It was also the Democratic Congress who did nothing to strengthen regulations on mortgage companies.
By the time the Democrats took control of Congress in Jan 2007, most of these problem subprime ARM (adjustable rate) mortgages were already handed out to unqualified homeowners back in 2003 - 2006.

These problem ARMs began to reset to much higher rates in late 2007 / early 2008, which is when the foreclosure problem began to happen.

So you can blame the REPUBLICANS who controlled ALL BRANCHES OF GOVERNMENT between 2003 - 2006 for not regulating the mortgage industry when the problem FIRST BEGAN.

Last edited by RD5050; 04-26-2011 at 08:27 PM..

Old 04-26-2011, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
Wow...... just wow. RD 5050 is waaaay out there in left field. I must say, I would love to have your optimism though. It's just not looking that way from here, especially when I go to the pump or grocery store.

If you could only see how the stock market going up is not improving things on main street, I think you would change your cheer.
The price of GAS began to skyrocket when OIL RICH COUNTRIES like Libya begun internal revolutions. It had NOTHING to do with Obama.

And since food prices are dependent on gas prices, they went up as well.

Old 04-26-2011, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie117 View Post

Unemployment is not any lower today than it was when Obama took office.
National Unemployment has STEADILY DECLINED since the 10.6% peak it reached in January 2010.

Today it is at 8.8%.

That is a MAJOR LEAP in the right direction !!!

Thank you PRESIDENT OBAMA !!!

Old 04-26-2011, 08:47 PM

2,095 posts, read 2,588,110 times
Quote:
By the time the Democrats took control of Congress in Jan 2007, most of these problem subprime ARM (adjustable rate) mortgages were already handed out to unqualified homeowners back in 2003 - 2006.

These problem ARMs began to reset to much higher rates in late 2007 / early 2008, which is when the foreclosure problem began to happen.

So you can blame the REPUBLICANS who controlled ALL BRANCHES OF GOVERNMENT between 2003 - 2006 for not regulating the mortgage industry when the problem FIRST BEGAN.
Let just agree to disagree.

I know the Democrats during the Republican Congress played their part in blocking reform and regulation because they thought that easy mortgages and credit benefited low income people and also minorities.

Last edited by Bostonian123; 04-26-2011 at 08:55 PM..

Old 04-26-2011, 08:51 PM

29,980 posts, read 43,049,294 times
RD5050 you are just like Obama, out of touch with the reality of the economy.

Old 04-26-2011, 08:52 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,333,199 times
RD5050 probably doesn't notice how much the poor are suffering under Obama vis-a-vis inflation. He/she could be a Goldman Sachs pro-Obama shill...

Old 04-26-2011, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
RD5050 probably doesn't notice how much the poor are suffering under Obama vis-a-vis inflation. He/she could be a Goldman Sachs pro-Obama shill...
The poor are suffering because Bush screwed up our economy in a BIG WAY, and then left the task of fixing it for the next president.

So Obama was simply left with the task of fixing Bush's mess.

The fact that inflation is occurring is simply part of this repair process.

When a person has stage-4 cancer, do you blame the doctor because the radiation and chemo treatments cause the person to vomit?

No ... you thank the doctor for eliminating the tumor (if it is even possible).

So you Republicans now want to blame Obama, because it took extremely strong economic measures to repair the unprecedented economic chaos left behind by Bush?

Give me a break. If you want to blame someone, blame yourselves for electing the idiot (Bush) who created the mess in the first place.

And you think I'm an Obama shill? Maybe you should check when I joined C-D, and read my oldest posts? None were even related to politics.

I barely even knew who Obama was, until he became the Democrat front runner. Before that, I strongly supported Hillary.

Old 04-26-2011, 09:11 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,333,199 times
Quote:
The poor are suffering because Bush screwed up our economy in a BIG WAY, and then left the task of fixing it for the next president.

So Obama was simply left with the task of fixing Bush's mess.

The fact that inflation is occurring is simply part of this repair process.

When a person has stage-4 cancer, do you blame the doctor because the radiation and chemo treatments cause the person to vomit?

No ... you thank the doctor for eliminating the tumor (if it is even possible).

So you Republicans now want to blame Obama, because it took extremely strong economic measures to repair the unprecedented economic chaos left behind by Bush?

Obama shill? Maybe you should check when I joined C-D, and read my oldest posts? I barely even knew who Obama was, until he became the Democrat front runner. Before that, I strongly supported Hillary.
LOL, Bush caused the recent inflation spike that is causing the poor to suffer? LMAO!

"Blame Bush" is soooooo 2009. It now resides with 8 track tapes and leg warmers.

Old 04-26-2011, 09:13 PM

2,608 posts, read 2,104,241 times
Your gonna love Reality...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies