Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2011, 01:33 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,539,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
3 years this birth certificate thing has stayed around no matter what happened. The request from the birthers was the long form birth certificate. For three years Obama blew it off and maybe even gained some political ground.

Trump ask for it and a couple of weeks later here it is....

Obama tried to score the above-it-all points with the American people by talking about how much of a waste of time this has been.

In the end, all that matters, is what Trump wanted Trump got.

I'm sure it's not the first time you've ever seen that...
and it made Trump look like a a$$..

Old 04-27-2011, 01:34 PM

7,871 posts, read 10,133,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb4000 View Post
I'm confused....so Trump won because Obama showed him proof. Yet if he didn't show him proof he still would have won because he was hiding something? You idiots were never going to admit this whole ****ing thing was retarded.
I just had one of them tell me "it doesn't matter what the BC showed."

Now if that isn't a telling comment, I don't know what is.

Old 04-27-2011, 01:34 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,343,835 times
http://i356.photobucket.com/albums/oo2/stateu/Screenshot_7.jpg (broken link)

Old 04-27-2011, 01:35 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,200,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
No, in the end, all that matters is what the long form BC showed: that Trump and the others were full of crap.

That you believe otherwise just shows how far people like you are willing to go to avoid admitting you were wrong.
Exactly, let them have their spin, it's the only way they can live with it, we can take pity on them. The government copy was released after the CNN investigation debunked every birther claim, proved Trump was spouting lies, and believing in silly conspiracy theories. Logical Americans who understand truth, and the law saw Trump for the publicity hungry fool he is.

Old 04-27-2011, 01:36 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,473,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
and it made Trump look like a a$$..
Not really. That may have been what it looked like to you but to most other people they saw Trump make a request, rather bluntly, and he got exactly what he asked for.

On the other side, though, Obama never asked for dropping poll numbers and he is still holding that side of the court down, regardless...

Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
Exactly, let them have their spin, it's the only way they can live with it. The government copy was released after the CNN investigation debunked every birther claim, and proved Trump was spouting lies and silly conspiracy theories. Logical Americans who understand truth, and the law saw Trump for the publicity hungry fool he is.
Exactly!

3,336 posts, read 6,944,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb4000 View Post
I'm confused....so Trump won because Obama showed him proof. Yet if he didn't show him proof he still would have won because he was hiding something? You idiots were never going to admit this whole ****ing thing was retarded.
but here is the real brilliance:
by releasing the certificate, trump "won" in the eyes of right-leaning republicans yet looks worse among independents and democrats. this makes trump the hero and front runner thus far among republican primary contenders. trump is exactly the kind of candidate who obama's strategists want him to run against in '12. so trump gets what he wants and obama gets what he wants. so it works out.

and we all play the role of independent-minded voter

Old 04-27-2011, 01:38 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,473,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
No, in the end, all that matters is what the long form BC showed: that Trump and the others were full of crap.

That you believe otherwise just shows how far people like you are willing to go to avoid admitting you were wrong.
No it doesn't, that's what you see because that's what you want to see. How long have you been involved in this birther topic? I've seen it on these threads for about 3 years now. My first comments, and you can go through the 90 pages and 1000's of post, and let me know where you find my first post in this thread, thanks.

Old 04-27-2011, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by progmac View Post
but here is the real brilliance:
by releasing the certificate, trump "won" in the eyes of right-leaning republicans yet looks worse among independents and democrats. this makes trump the hero and front runner thus far among republican primary contenders. trump is exactly the kind of candidate who obama's strategists want him to run against in '12. so trump gets what he wants and obama gets what he wants. so it works out.

and we all play the role of independent-minded voter
We need to keep it a secret.

Old 04-27-2011, 01:40 PM

7,871 posts, read 10,133,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
No it doesn't, that's what you see because that's what you want to see. How long have you been involved in this birther topic? I've seen it on these threads for about 3 years now. My first comments, and you can go through the 90 pages and 1000's of post, and let me know where you find my first post in this thread, thanks.
Oh I see now, Obama proving the birthers full of crap is actually some rare species of victory for the birthers.

Hmmmmm...

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.