Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 09:45 PM

4,085 posts, read 4,335,025 times

Advertisements

Surprise surprise people.

A bunch of people in this forum need to start pouring the salt and pepper on their hats.

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

"While questioning him this week, Hudson, who is black, allegedly admitted to the slaying and told police that he did not like Hispanics and randomly targeted a Hispanic to kill, police officials said."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...,4221367.story
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2011, 09:49 PM

866 posts, read 1,560,189 times
You do NOT have to be white to be racist. Most people are not racists, but this guy is, it seems. What a terrible thing to do!

Old 03-04-2011, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangrui View Post
You do NOT have to be white to be racist.
This my point. I have read hundreds of posts from people in this forum that claim it is impossible to be racist if you are not white.

Old 03-04-2011, 10:00 PM

866 posts, read 1,560,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonythetuna View Post
This my point. I have read hundreds of posts from people in this forum that claim it is impossible to be racist if you are not white.
Weird, it doesn't seem like he's facing hate-crime charges. I don't actually support hate-crime laws since people should be punished for what they did and not what they felt, but this seems like a very obvious hate crime. Strange...

And I agree with you completely. In fact, I know people who are more racist in non-white countries. Chinese nationals are very willing to say that they don't like the Japanese, and vice versa.

Old 03-05-2011, 02:01 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,381,429 times
Default Responding to a racist doesn't make one a racist

Absurd views here. A man whose dignity has been severely insulted by a racist is not a racist for RESPONDING. He's also not a racist because he IDENTIFIES a racist person.

Blacks who have been subjugated and discriminated against by prejudiced whites for centuries are not racist because they respond to vile treatment by bigots.

Old 03-05-2011, 02:07 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,371,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Absurd views here. A man whose dignity has been severely insulted by a racist is not a racist for RESPONDING. He's also not a racist because he IDENTIFIES a racist person.

Blacks who have been subjugated and discriminated against by prejudiced whites for centuries are not racist because they respond to vile treatment by bigots.

So it's OK for blacks to be racists because whites started it?

Old 03-05-2011, 03:15 AM

9,138 posts, read 5,801,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
So it's OK for blacks to be racists because whites started it?

Yes.
And it's quite OK to kill the alleged oppressors.

Old 03-05-2011, 04:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post

You make no sense. You have no idea what you are talking about.

The black guy attacked more than likely a mixed race Hispanic Mexican with no provocation.

Old 03-05-2011, 07:07 AM

3,504 posts, read 3,922,886 times
i dont know anyone dumb enough to say that non whites can never be racist, unless they were trolling.

if the op really bought that, then i dont know what to say.

Old 03-05-2011, 07:13 AM

2,301 posts, read 2,032,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonythetuna View Post
Surprise surprise people.

A bunch of people in this forum need to start pouring the salt and pepper on their hats.

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

"While questioning him this week, Hudson, who is black, allegedly admitted to the slaying and told police that he did not like Hispanics and randomly targeted a Hispanic to kill, police officials said."

Man deported from London held in West Side slaying - chicagotribune.com
Well, I guess I don't get the motive of this post. I would think it is patently obvious that blacks, or anyone, can be a racist. What makes me think that the reason for the thread is really a kind of general, race-based hostility?

Anyway, I'll save some folks the trouble of new threads by now announcing that blacks can also get tooth decay, and Asians can be good bowlers too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies