Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2011, 02:55 PM

2,125 posts, read 2,390,762 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Would it be too late to suggest... "Do Not Feed Trolls"?
Yes it would, though it is a nice sentiment. Seems the troll brought the a-holes out of the wood work and now we all (yes I include myself in that) deal with words beyond the OP. It should probably end here.

Old 02-16-2011, 02:55 PM

29,980 posts, read 43,113,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Funk View Post
All American NYC ... !!! A Most Interesting Subject Indeed !

As you can deduce from Normad's Post ... Everyone must be a so called "Racist" if they don't completely worship "The ONE" in the ole "Yankee WH" !

Although nowadays the "Ole Race Card" and "Your A Racist" triades appears to be losing much of it's former effects on the other races in the States. I can confirm it has done so way, way up here on the Old East Coast in the area we inhabit. It's become laughable in many circles ... and rightly so !

HO seemingly is what the old west folks used to call a "Half Breed" and theres nothing wrong with being as such. ... (watch that Norma get after me now) ! I know several folks whom are of mixed races and they are truly fine folks.

The 50% ers who irk the crap outta folks the most are the ones who make the biggest claim to the half that they can obtain them the most advantages from financially , politically or otherwise and you know the ones I mean.

Thus the folks in the States are experiencing their current "nightmare" of a career politician who inhabits the WH.

All American NYC and Old Sgt. Lamar must be "Racist" ... Yeah I know Normad LOL ! Or maybe we are just sick enough to throw up regarding all the Ole 50%ers out there who love to play that well worn and definitely abused "Race Card Game ! How pitiful !

Cheerio / Old "Racist" Sgt. Lamar LOL ... Arrrrrrrrgh !
Well stated indeed Sgt. Lamar!

Old 02-16-2011, 03:00 PM

2,125 posts, read 2,390,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Well stated indeed Sgt. Lamar!
Yeah, would be as well stated if he wasn't as off base as Col. Lakin.

By the way, whats up with the "Sgt"? Are you really military or is that just a sort of fun thing? Just curious b/c my hub is military. Wondered if we would run into or hear about you at any point.

Edit: Checked out your profile. Military world is small! Perhaps we will indeed meet up. You never know when your path will cross other military folks. I'll have to pass on what you wrote to those I know!

Old 02-16-2011, 03:05 PM

3,860 posts, read 8,479,944 times
Apparently it exists to those people whose great-great-great grandmothers were "Cherokee princesses".

Old 02-16-2011, 03:05 PM

56,966 posts, read 35,402,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadScribe View Post
Provide a link to these reports please. Halle Berry herself is "mixed." I don't doubt she has made comment that some people subscribe to the one drop theory, but I highly doubt she feels the need to subscribe to the theory in order to identify with her black heritage.

Contrary to the false perspective of some well meaning white people, bi-racial folks have a pretty well formed identity based on being informed by at least two "worlds." Being biracial is something white folks will never know so I guess its not a surprise that they bring up one drop theory and a myriad of other outdated ways of looking at race. Clearly, this is a puzzle for many whites because they still wrangle over what bi or mutli racial Americans are, in their perspective.

Meanwhile, when you ask them about their heritage, they spout off "French, Irish, German" etc. But they don't understand multiracial. It's almost funny.
Halle Berry has said many-a-time that although she acknowledges her biracial heritage, she considers herself black. Point blank, period. My son is mixed, and he's the same way.

I'm not sure if she prescribes to the one drop rule, but i doubt it.

Old 02-16-2011, 03:07 PM

56,966 posts, read 35,402,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yayoi View Post
Apparently it exists to those people whose great-great-great grandmothers were "Cherokee princesses".
Ooooooh...OUCH!

Old 02-16-2011, 03:11 PM

31,384 posts, read 37,232,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yayoi View Post
Oh, no he didn't!?!?

Old 02-16-2011, 03:43 PM

5,298 posts, read 7,688,636 times
Quote:
..desertdetroiter...I'm not sure if she prescribes to the one drop rule, but i doubt it.
please read link provided. She does.

Someone demanded links for comments about Halle Berry and they were provided. The poster never commented on his demand that insinuated that the poster was lying about Halle Berry.

Another poster mentioned that Nazi Germany followed the "one drop rule" which, indeed, they did as far as Jewish blood. Another poster apparantly didn't read and said that it was purely an American institution.....It's not. At one point in time, I am sure that South Africa subscribed to the "one drop rule". Did not the castes in India not work pretty much the same way ?

The French and Spanish were pretty civilized about Negro blood. There were many free persons of color in New Orleans but a strict color caste.

As someone so anal that I read every post in a thread so that I try and get my comment right or state that I haven't read every post when I comment, it irritates me when I see people skipping over things. I know, OC.

Old 02-17-2011, 06:48 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,706,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
The one drop rule, lives in the minds of people. It's never been important whether or not it was codified into law.

So i ask you, does the one drop rule exist in your mind? If not, then no.
Reason I ask, because there are many Black white mixtures, and many Black Americans don't have all African in them.

On every Application or form, you are either Black, white, Hispanic or Asian

That was the reason I ask

Old 02-17-2011, 06:50 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,706,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Halle Berry has said many-a-time that although she acknowledges her biracial heritage, she considers herself black. Point blank, period. My son is mixed, and he's the same way.

I'm not sure if she prescribes to the one drop rule, but i doubt it.
This is my point, not all Blacks have all African in them. Some have white mixture.

So on job application or form would you fill in Black?

That to me is the one drop rule still in effect. I might be wrong
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.