Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2011, 02:17 PM

5,346 posts, read 4,046,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Oh for god's sake claiming that the Rothchild's control the world is like continuing to argue that J.P. Morgan is the richest man in the world.
J. P. Morgan was an agent for the Rothschild family... He only owned a small portion of his wealth... Also take a look at the Rockefellers... They're on the team as well...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2011, 03:17 PM

59,029 posts, read 27,298,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newonecoming2 View Post
^3
Ah, the hypocrisy. I see no mention or complaint with any of the left owned media outlets.

Old 01-30-2011, 03:22 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,810,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Ah, the hypocrisy. I see no mention or complaint with any of the left owned media outlets.
Because the left don't own anything nearly as much as murdoch does in the media. Just try a little research.

Old 01-30-2011, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Because the left don't own anything nearly as much as murdoch does in the media. Just try a little research.
You made the claim , you provide the data.

Old 01-30-2011, 05:11 PM

499 posts, read 405,182 times
Quote:
You made the claim , you provide the data.
Not who you replied to, but:

Quote:
News Corporation (NASDAQ: NWS, NASDAQ: NWSA, ASX: NWS, ASX: NWSLV), often abbreviated to News Corp., is the world's third-largest media conglomerate (behind The Walt Disney Company and the Time Warner Company) as of 2008, and the world's third largest in entertainment as of 2009
It owns, off the top of my head,

The Fox Group
Harper Collins Publishing
30(ish)% of BSkyB plus additional Sky networks
The Times
The Sun and the NOTW

These are just the ones I personally come into contact with regularly. The full list can be read here.

Old 01-30-2011, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dollymixture View Post
Not who you replied to, but:

It owns, off the top of my head,

The Fox Group
Harper Collins Publishing
30(ish)% of BSkyB plus additional Sky networks
The Times
The Sun and the NOTW

These are just the ones I personally come into contact with regularly. The full list can be read here.
No problem with your responding.

I never said the weren't big. Even as big as they are, they are not the biggest. They are number 3 behind GE and Disney

Ownership Chart: The Big Six | Free Press

My response was in the way the posters replied, who THINK they are real cute, like little teenagers, with their little smurky remarks.

Old 01-31-2011, 12:59 AM

499 posts, read 405,182 times
Quote:
No problem with your responding.

I never said the weren't big. Even as big as they are, they are not the biggest. They are number 3 behind GE and Disney

Ownership Chart: The Big Six | Free Press

My response was in the way the posters replied, who THINK they are real cute, like little teenagers, with their little smurky remarks.
The issue people have, I think, is over the number of news organisations they operate and the particular biases shown by those organisations.

Old 01-31-2011, 01:06 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,930,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dollymixture View Post
The issue people have, I think, is over the number of news organisations they operate and the particular biases shown by those organisations.
Honestly, media/press has shown bias since at least the middle/late 1800's in the USA. This is nothing new when a few Billionaires (and their respective corporations) battle it out for control. Probably the most ironic thing is that the Pulitzer Prize is actually esteemed while named after the media mogul who invented yellow journalism, the same kind of manipulation/distortion of facts used today.

Old 01-31-2011, 08:24 AM

2,514 posts, read 1,986,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Oh for god's sake claiming that the Rothchild's control the world is like continuing to argue that J.P. Morgan is the richest man in the world.
They don't control the world but "they" have a large influence over lost of stuff that you wouldn't normally think. John Gatto's The Underground History of American Education was an eye opener for me.

Old 01-31-2011, 08:27 AM

2,514 posts, read 1,986,824 times
Quote:
The plotocracy owns both the left and the right. So no hypocrisy here. If you want your agenda to get through you need to co-opt both the left and the right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies