Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 05:25 PM

4,332 posts, read 4,950,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
"If your state wants to support illegal immigration, your federal funds are cut off."
Why does any state have to beg for federal money? The federal government should pay for the 13 items they are allowed by law to do and nothing more. That's all the money they need. Let the states determine if they want high taxes and a lot of social programs or low taxes and economic freedom. Let the market and the individual decide where they want to set up shop and live.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2014, 06:23 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,288,933 times
With the amount of debt Barack Obama will leave this country with in 2016, now more then ever we need a callous, cold hearted bastard for President. Someone will have to force the leeches up off their asses and find a job.

Old 09-21-2015, 07:22 AM

At this point in time, Carly Fiorina gets my vote.

Old 09-21-2015, 07:27 AM

68,444 posts, read 54,988,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
A cold-hearted, callous President is what we need if we are to ever get this economy fixed and our national debt eliminated.

One who will say:

- The taxpayers don't care about your pet project, Senator, and neither do I.

- I sympathize with your terminally sick father, but life is not fair. Taxpayers can't afford to keep him alive for the next 12 months just to make you happy.

- I understand that you want to flee your country for a better life in America. But taxpayers cannot afford your burden.

- I understand, Mr. Businiess, that your company is in trouble. But taxpayers are not to fault for your bad business decisions.

- I understand, Cabinet Secretary, that you'd like to give your staff across the board raises. Taxpayers are not concerned, and neither am I.

- I understand, Governor, that your state has degenerated into a Nanny State. I will not sign any legislation that provides you a bailout. Cut government and cut services. That's my advice to you.

Yes, its time to make this nation suffer a bit of hardship to get back to our roots and our principals.

9% Unemployment should not be enough to put a nation on its knees economically. Period. What that means is that our government has failed us by epic proportions.
Will we get out of this ditch? No, I don't think we will. We've devolved into a Welfare Nation, and its irreversible.

But you can be sure that i'll vote for the first cold-hearted, callous Presidential candidate that is willing to give it a try, that's for sure.

IMO you missed a very important one--I understand your country is led by a bum but if you want to oust him YOU must fight your own fight, the US won't do it for you.

Old 09-21-2015, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
IMO you missed a very important one--I understand your country is led by a bum but if you want to oust him YOU must fight your own fight, the US won't do it for you.
I don't disagree burdell. There needs to be some resistance to fighting other's wars.

Old 09-21-2015, 07:45 AM

41,109 posts, read 25,991,409 times
Quote:
A cold-hearted, callous President is what we need if we are to ever get this economy fixed and our national debt eliminated.

One who will say:

- The taxpayers don't care about your pet project, Senator, and neither do I.

- I sympathize with your terminally sick father, but life is not fair. Taxpayers can't afford to keep him alive for the next 12 months just to make you happy.

- I understand that you want to flee your country for a better life in America. But taxpayers cannot afford your burden.

- I understand, Mr. Businiess, that your company is in trouble. But taxpayers are not to fault for your bad business decisions.

- I understand, Cabinet Secretary, that you'd like to give your staff across the board raises. Taxpayers are not concerned, and neither am I.

- I understand, Governor, that your state has degenerated into a Nanny State. I will not sign any legislation that provides you a bailout. Cut government and cut services. That's my advice to you.

Yes, its time to make this nation suffer a bit of hardship to get back to our roots and our principals.

9% Unemployment should not be enough to put a nation on its knees economically. Period. What that means is that our government has failed us by epic proportions.
Will we get out of this ditch? No, I don't think we will. We've devolved into a Welfare Nation, and its irreversible.

But you can be sure that i'll vote for the first cold-hearted, callous Presidential candidate that is willing to give it a try, that's for sure.
I agree. We are told over and over again we have safety nets. These safety nets are not meant for the middle class, they are meant for the poor who've been on the dole all their lives, from cradle to grave.

Old 09-21-2015, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I agree. We are told over and over again we have safety nets. These safety nets are not meant for the middle class, they are meant for the poor who've been on the dole all their lives, from cradle to grave.
Exactly right. Under Barack Obama, welfare and food stamp dependence has reached all-time highs, as has poverty.

Old 09-21-2015, 08:59 AM

34,289 posts, read 19,598,053 times
Quote:
Exactly right. Under Barack Obama, welfare and food stamp dependence has reached all-time highs, as has poverty.
Imagine that...during the greatest economic crisis of this century...that occurred. Shocker.

Old 09-21-2015, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Imagine that...during the greatest economic crisis of this century...that occurred. Shocker.
Actually, the Recession ended in 2009. What's quite hilarious is that you go all dramatic on us with "economic crisis of this century" when we were literally only 8 years into the century when it occurred. LOL

But, let's drill down a bit further. Are you asserting that the President doesn't have any control over economic attainment? Is that your holding?

Old 09-22-2015, 12:44 PM

2,023 posts, read 1,675,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
All of the things you mentioned might add up to about 2% of the entire budget, might, but I doubt its even 1%.

How about

"Sorry Mr. Defense contractor, we don't need to fight two wars, maintain bases in countries where the war ended 60 years ago, and maintain a military thats 4 times what everyone else in the world combined does"

That would be a real spending cut.
you took the words right out of my mouth, the military is the first thing that should be cut, and I dont mean a few percent here and there but cut it right in half.an average persons salary doesnt even cover one second of this military budget of ours. but every time we talk about the budgets cuts the military is not only off limits there is talk about increasing it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies