Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 02:25 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,118,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
because jews got the bible from god and the bible condemns homosexual relations.
Very few Jews I know (none that I can think of actually) condemn homosexual relations or view them negatively.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2011, 02:35 PM

3,550 posts, read 2,560,795 times
Quote:
Very few Jews I know (none that I can think of) condemn homosexual relations.
that's irrelevant to the fact why they hate jews.
explain to me why gays are the biggest pushers behind the ban on circumcision, which is clearly anti semetic.
explain to me why gays are the biggest non Muslim/Arab demographic that is anti Israel in a way that will lead to Jewish deaths.
explain to me why the comments on the gay websites against orthodox jews are worthy of the Der Stürmer.

Old 06-07-2011, 02:40 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,118,704 times
Quote:
explain to me why gays are the biggest pushers behind the ban on circumcision, which is clearly anti semetic.
explain to me why gays are the biggest non Muslim/Arab demographic that is anti Israel in a way that will lead to Jewish deaths.
explain to me why the comments on the gay websites against orthodox jews are worthy of the Der Stürmer.
I've never met a gay person I'd consider in any way whatsoever anti-semitic.

Old 06-07-2011, 04:03 PM

3,359 posts, read 7,331,288 times
Quote:
because jews got the bible from god and the bible condemns homosexual relations.
Thanks for your honest response...right or wrong...I do appreciate such an honest blunt response...

I like that...and appreciate you for that....take care...

(yes...I know...I'm wierd...)(but I love honesty)...

It saves so much time and endless posts...

Old 06-07-2011, 08:11 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,021,248 times
Quote:
listen to what religous jews are called by gays (talking about the community at large)
yes, that might be, but you're talking about "religious" jews. Most other jews are kind- hearted and liberal in their outlook

Old 06-07-2011, 08:31 PM

6,914 posts, read 14,778,526 times
Quote:

Not wanting secular AMERICAN hospitals to follow Jewish custom is anti-semetic? Do some Jews think the American government is their lapdog or something? Oh wait...

Old 06-07-2011, 08:33 PM

6,914 posts, read 14,778,526 times
Quote:
gays are the most anti semetic community in NYC

You're assuming that none of the gays in NYC are Jewish (or that there's no gay Jews for that matter). I'm not gay but even I can see the logical fallacy in this argument.

Old 06-07-2011, 08:42 PM

1,604 posts, read 1,567,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmusmc85 View Post
So hear me out. I'm a gay man living, working, and going to school in the DC area. Before this, I was in the service station in a small town. So before I moved to DC, I never really had a strong connection to the gay community. But in my time here I noticed a lot of tension between gay white men and gay black men. I hear many negative remarks, from BOTH sides, about each other. When looking for potential partners, many whites will exclude Asians, and blacks, but are mostly fine with latino men. While I notice that gay white men tend to get along better with latinos and Asians, it is usually with the non-immigrant types. And there seems to be a certain amount fetishism between whites and latinos. But of course, when I say latino, I mean those with features that are different from them, but not to the point where they look too 'ethnic' for lack of a better word. Has any other gay folks on here seen the tension between whites and blacks in the community?
I am not gay but I would agree with your argument. Boston for example is a gay friendly town but is also very racist under the covers. It is easier for a gay white man to get by in Boston than a black man.

Old 06-07-2011, 08:57 PM

1,604 posts, read 1,567,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JazzyTallGuy View Post
In conserversatons and debats that I've had with Black Americans on this issues it seems that many Black Americans don't see gay rights issues as being civil rights issues. That I think is part of the reasons there is resentment and tension between the too groups. There is a certain anger by the Gay community that after Black Americans fought so hard for civil rights that they don't have more empathy and support for the fight for civil rights for the Gay, Lesbian, Bi-sexual, and Transgendered people. .

A contributing factor in this is that a certain percentage of Black Americans are actually more socially conservative and in some cases more bigoted than other groups of people on the issue of civil rights for the LGBT community.
Excellent analysis. I've seen several instances of extreme homophobia in the black community. I find it as obnoxious as racism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies