Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2009, 08:26 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,522,627 times

Advertisements

Would PETA ever go to muslim countries to protest the sacrifice/slaughter of animals following the end of the Eid al-Adha?
Would PETA and vegans go there and tell them to not eat meat?
Would PETA go to their slaughter houses to report on the conditions there in order to try to convert people to not eating meat?
Would PETA and vegans go to muslim countries and perform the type of protest they do here in which they strip naked on the street?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2009, 08:28 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,945,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Would PETA ever go to muslim countries to protest the sacrifice/slaughter of animals following the end of the Eid al-Adha?
Would PETA go to their slaughter houses to report on the conditions there in order to try to convert people to not eating meat?
Would PETA and vegans go to muslim countries and perform the type of protest they do here in which they strip naked on the street?
That would be EPIC! I'd pay to see that.

Old 12-05-2009, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Just looking for some consistancy. They do perform protest in America and parts of Europe. Why not go further to spread the word. Go East young woman. Actually, they should take baby steps. Start off by trying to get the women of Saudi Arabia the legal right to vote and drive a car. If they survive that, then they can give the Saudis a few centuries to get use to that idea before moving onto giving equal rights to women in the court and laws.

Old 12-05-2009, 08:37 PM

2,087 posts, read 1,765,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post

what a pointless thread this is

Old 12-05-2009, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by organick View Post
what a pointless thread this is
Why's it pointless? PETA is the People for Ethical Treatment of Animals. Such a wonton slaughter of animals every year is right up their alley. They throw fake blood on women wearing fur coats. They vandalize research facilities that use animals. They conduct undercover investigations of slaughter houses. And they protest in many different nations. Why haven't they branched out to include this annual slaughter? Oh those poor defensless animals being killed in such cruel manners. Such behavior must be stopped.

Old 12-05-2009, 08:52 PM

4,500 posts, read 12,341,052 times
Hey, if you feel so strongly about it, why don't you head on over yourself? Sounds like they'd like you.

Old 12-05-2009, 09:05 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,571,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheViking85 View Post
Hey, if you feel so strongly about it, why don't you head on over yourself? Sounds like they'd like you.
Excellent point.

And while he is in the Middle East, he can start talking about Christianity and Jesus to Muslims like how Christians have to share the Gospel.

I would pay to see that!

Old 12-05-2009, 09:21 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,544,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
+1

Old 12-06-2009, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Excellent point.

And while he is in the Middle East, he can start talking about Christianity and Jesus to Muslims like how Christians have to share the Gospel.

I would pay to see that!
I've already been there. Countries I've been to include Spain, Gibralter (british territory), France, Monaco, Italy, Malta, Greece, Albania, Slovania, Croatia, Bulgaria, Romania, Ukraine, Turkey, Israel, Egypt, Tunisia, Morocco, Saudi Arabia, Dubai, and Cuba (GITMO).

Old 12-06-2009, 12:52 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,276,554 times
Dave, your complete ignorance is showing again.
I contributed $50 to Planned Parenthood in your name today for your moronic comments.

I never contributed to PETA before, but am about to donate $25 in your name.

I'm wondering how you've lived this long with such a complete detachment from reality.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies