Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2011, 01:56 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,021,348 times

Advertisements

This article just tickles me; I think it's my very geeky coder heart that loves this! It also gives a really great synopsis of the Stuxnet worm, how it was likely developed, and why it caused such great damage to Iran.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/16/wo...l?pagewanted=1

Quote:
The Dimona complex in the Negev desert is famous as the heavily guarded heart of Israel’s never-acknowledged nuclear arms program, where neat rows of factories make atomic fuel for the arsenal.

Over the past two years, according to intelligence and military experts familiar with its operations, Dimona has taken on a new, equally secret role — as a critical testing ground in a joint American and Israeli effort to undermine Iran’s efforts to make a bomb of its own.

Behind Dimona’s barbed wire, the experts say, Israel has spun nuclear centrifuges virtually identical to Iran’s at Natanz, where Iranian scientists are struggling to enrich uranium. They say Dimona tested the effectiveness of the Stuxnet computer worm, a destructive program that appears to have wiped out roughly a fifth of Iran’s nuclear centrifuges and helped delay, though not destroy, Tehran’s ability to make its first nuclear arms.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2011, 05:14 AM

657 posts, read 697,321 times
Israel is a threat to worldpeace

Old 01-16-2011, 05:29 AM

8,237 posts, read 13,515,152 times
Good for Israel.....people will learn one way or the other to stop bullying them.

Old 01-16-2011, 05:51 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,748,514 times
Way to go Israel, brilliant!

Old 01-16-2011, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by liebknecht View Post
Israel is a threat to worldpeace
Yes, peace loving Holocaust denying Iran is the victim here!

Old 01-16-2011, 06:12 AM

657 posts, read 697,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Yes, peace loving Holocaust denying Iran is the victim here!
In this case, Iran acually is the victim, yes. Not saying that I approve of Iran having nuclear weapons or whatever, but then again I do not approve of the United States, or Israel for that matter, having these kind of weapons either. If Israel can have them, if Pakistan can have them, if the US can have them, it's hard to give objective reasons why Iran shouldn't be allowed to have nukes. The Iranian regime isn't really that stupid that they would ever use them on anyone. They know very well the moment they did that, they'd be wiped off the map. Hell, even the dear leader knows this and wouldn't ever use his nukes for anything but bargaining.

Old 01-16-2011, 06:16 AM

Quote:
In this case, Iran acually is the victim, yes. Not saying that I approve of Iran having nuclear weapons or whatever, but then again I do not approve of the United States, or Israel for that matter, having these kind of weapons either. If Israel can have them, if Pakistan can have them, if the US can have them, it's hard to give objective reasons why Iran shouldn't be allowed to have nukes. The Iranian regime isn't really that stupid that they would ever use them on anyone. They know very well the moment they did that, they'd be wiped off the map. Hell, even the dear leader knows this and wouldn't ever use his nukes for anything but bargaining.
Lol, here is a great example of the dangers of moral equivalence. This poster thinks that there is no difference between Israel, the US and Iran.

By the way the objective reason for Iran not having a nuke is the fact they are a theocracy dedicated to wiping Israel of the map.

Old 01-16-2011, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
Lol, here is a great example of the dangers of moral equivalence. This poster thinks that there is no difference between Israel, the US and Iran.
And I already repped you for your last response. Darn it - can't do it again! You put my exact thoughts into words. Agree 100%.

Old 01-16-2011, 08:06 AM

11,578 posts, read 13,945,218 times
Quote:
Hell, even the dear leader knows this and wouldn't ever use his nukes for anything but bargaining.
Well, if that's the case, why not let them have them?

I'm starting to wonder what's in the water in Denmark.

Old 01-16-2011, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Well, if that's the case, why not let them have them?

I'm starting to wonder what's in the water in Denmark.
I believe he is advocating exactly that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies