Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2011, 09:26 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,034,456 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
Looks like the Republicans are developing quite a few up and comers.

Hilarious that so many posters still try to call race on this. No one has told them the next card to play, LMAO.

And now it's deeply offensive to say kiss my butt. Geeesh. What a bunch of pantie wastes. VP says the F word and it's OK....hypocrisy knows no bounds.
+1
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2011, 11:18 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,241,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I'm sure he was expecting something like that given their history of shakedowns of business and threats of boycott.

The "L" stands for liberal - NAALCP - because they really don't stand for conservative black people.
Now you're making the guy look bad.

If you're so sure that he was expecting a boycott from black folks, then you're calling him an idiot. Who is going to boycott anything in Maine? Black people don't go to Maine and don't live in Maine in any real numbers worth counting. Who are black folks going to shake down when there are no black people there? LMAO....use your head.

You NAALCP comment is beyond silly. C'mon..please. So you're sticking your neck out for black conservatives now, huh? The only good blacks are conservative blacks, right?

And how do you know that the NAACP is totally devoid of black conservatives anyway? You're black? You're a member of the NAACP? Someone in the black community informed you of that?

Old 01-15-2011, 03:16 AM

20,349 posts, read 19,950,972 times
Quote:
desertdetroiter; And how do you know that the NAACP is totally devoid of black conservatives anyway? You're black? You're a member of the NAACP? Someone in the black community informed you of that?
There may be conservative individual members in the NAACP.

But as an organization I can't recall ever reading or hearing about any politcally conservative point that the NAACP rallied around and supported.

If they have, I'd be interested in knowing what conservative points they were.

Last edited by doc1; 01-15-2011 at 03:26 AM..

Old 01-15-2011, 03:22 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,095,461 times
It's about time someone told the NAACP to kiss their butt.in fact it is about time every politician tells ALL the special interest groups to kiss their butt. They get elected to represent ALL the people.

Old 01-15-2011, 04:57 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,172,232 times
Well.. While it's not normally acceptable for an elected official to say something int he context of "they can just kiss my butt", sometimes the least eloquent way of putting something has the greatest impact. He has a point. It should be an all or nothing scenario, as it's his job to represent all of the people in his state, not just the people that the NAACP thinks he should.

A crude way of putting it, but again, at least it's easily comprehendable by those who like to insinuate other meanings. (well maybe they can do that here, but that brings with it, it's own set of issues). hehehe

Old 01-15-2011, 05:51 AM

499 posts, read 405,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Oh? and playing the race card does "wash"

How is saying he will meet with ALL prisoners a racist attitude?

Only wanting him to meet with *black prisoners only* IS racist.
I said he wasn't a racist.

The separate issue of using that as validation is a cop out. It doesn't matter in this case, because he isn't a racist.

Old 01-15-2011, 06:17 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,034,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
Well.. While it's not normally acceptable for an elected official to say something int he context of "they can just kiss my butt", sometimes the least eloquent way of putting something has the greatest impact. He has a point. It should be an all or nothing scenario, as it's his job to represent all of the people in his state, not just the people that the NAACP thinks he should.

A crude way of putting it, but again, at least it's easily comprehendable by those who like to insinuate other meanings. (well maybe they can do that here, but that brings with it, it's own set of issues). hehehe
Excellent point. There's no way his words can be spun on this one. I think it just suprised people so much because you rarely hear politicians this blunt. I believe, in this base, his bluntness was justified.

Old 01-15-2011, 06:18 AM

7,815 posts, read 6,399,445 times
It's about time whitey started pushing back.

Old 01-15-2011, 06:19 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,753,878 times
Ahhhhh, using the good old "I'm not a racist, some of my best friends are black" justification for his own racism. Wonder how his black son feels about how daddy is using him as an excuse? Classy!!!! I hope his son shows up to the events!

Hey, when you're the governor of a state, you are expected to participate in events.

Sigh ... more mature rhetoric from the baggers.

Old 01-15-2011, 07:44 AM

23,581 posts, read 17,258,837 times
"Ah, yes. Obama was the first President to use that phrase. How conveniently some of you forget..."

Lest you not forget, the archived history of political declarations ticks like a metronome with each side reversing its position in absolute contradiction to the one before. Archival evidence is death to the politicians' cries of 'trust me'. If held in perspective, Obama and most everyone else would reveal themselves as untrustworthy to represent the people.

It just so happens that this political season, Obama is charged with setting the table and teaching manners. Obama's embrace of Rham Emanuel's salty language, a Chicago traditon carried on by Blago, sets the tone for 'this seasons' political vocabulary. Joe Biden's F bomb didn't do anything to change the course of the discourse. Obama now owns any butt kicking declarations declared during his reign.

As many are crying classless for such comments by LePage it is only fair to remind them who set the table this poltical season. If Obama's words can be overlooked and deemed appropriate so should LePage's statement.

The NAACP, like the current democratic party, has been hijacked and does a stellar job of dismantling any real progress make by its predessors.

LePage should have avoided his imitation of Obama and been more dismissive in proprtion to the level of respect the NAACP should be accorded. As the respect threshold the NAACP has earned has been taken underground and out of sight, LePage was on the right track.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies