Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2011, 03:12 PM

56,966 posts, read 35,363,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Love it!!

RealClearPolitics - Video - Maine Governor To NAACP: "Kiss My Butt"

Of course, they can't charge racism, cause the white guy has a black son.

Another outspoken republican governor.
He can afford to say this because 2 black people live in Maine.

Besides, he should stand on his own two feet and not bring his son into it. If they can kiss his butt, then that statement should stand alone. The "my son is black" is lame as HELL!! Weak!

Nevermind being charged with racism...that's nothing. The charge that should offend him is cowardice. Be a man about the things you say. Don't hide behind your children for crying out loud.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2011, 03:14 PM

7,006 posts, read 7,019,414 times
Great to see that. More people need to fight back against liberal blaxploitation.

Time To Call Out Black Race Exploiters.

Old 01-14-2011, 03:24 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,090,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post

Besides, he should stand on his own two feet and not bring his son into it. If they can kiss his butt, then that statement should stand alone. The "my son is black" is lame as HELL!! Weak!

Nevermind being charged with racism...that's nothing. The charge that should offend him is cowardice. Be a man about the things you say. Don't hide behind your children for crying out loud.
I think he stood up pretty well and knowing the NAALCP, he knew a charge of racism was likely on it's way.

Old 01-14-2011, 03:28 PM

37,955 posts, read 17,985,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post

if being charged racism is nothing, than why bring it up so much?

"hiding behind his son" lmao he isn't hiding behind his son.

Old 01-14-2011, 03:36 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,934,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rita Mordio View Post
Though, I wonder what the governor is going to do if/when somebody from the NAACP shows up to videotape himself kissing the governor's butt.
I think that is what he wants, minus the video taping.

Old 01-14-2011, 03:45 PM

14,533 posts, read 11,364,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
While I think the NAACP should be fine with the Governor speaking to ALL prisoners, his lack of professionalism is nothing to be proud of.
I expect ALL of our elected officials to speak better than telling someone 'they can kiss my butt'.
What if this had been a Democratic governor and it was the Tea Party making the request?
You don't have to answer that.

Old 01-14-2011, 03:45 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,891,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
While I think the NAACP should be fine with the Governor speaking to ALL prisoners, his lack of professionalism is nothing to be proud of.
I expect ALL of our elected officials to speak better than telling someone 'they can kiss my butt'.

So true. I am black and don't really like the NAACP either but I wouldn't be proud to use such language while representing hundreds of thousands of people. I actually wouldn't use such language if I were in his position and I would be upset to hear any governor or other elected official speak in such a way in a public setting while representing me.

Also, don't see what's so great about him telling them to kiss his butt, plenty of people say worst things about them, myself included. Giving one's opinion about an organization is nothing to get excited about IMO. Getting excited about such juvenile use of language and hoping it spreads to other governors is basically trying to dumb down political discourse even further than it has fallen in recent years and applauding the use of immature phrases by people who should be held to a higher standard of communication.

And I also agree that he is using the fact that his son is black to try to make himself seem more genuine in his use of foul language. His son has nothing to do with the NAACP so I don't see why he would even bring him up. The fact that he did would suggest that he is bracing himself against being called a racist and that he had some guilt about what came out of his mouth. What he said was not racist and I wouldn't think him to be a racist but bringing his black son up and talking about racism would and probably will lead others to assume that he is.

Old 01-14-2011, 03:59 PM

711 posts, read 1,149,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
And I also agree that he is using the fact that his son is black to try to make himself seem more genuine in his use of foul language. His son has nothing to do with the NAACP so I don't see why he would even bring him up. The fact that he did would suggest that he is bracing himself against being called a racist and that he had some guilt about what came out of his mouth. What he said was not racist and I wouldn't think him to be a racist but bringing his black son up and talking about racism would and probably will lead others to assume that he is.

Old 01-14-2011, 03:59 PM

56,966 posts, read 35,363,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I think he stood up pretty well and knowing the NAALCP, he knew a charge of racism was likely on it's way.
He's a governor. He's surely had dozens of "special interest groups" seeking favors. Why haven't i ever heard of him telling THEM to kiss his butt?

I know why. He won't say anything out of pocket to powerful people. But like i said, he has NOTHING to fear from the NAACP in Maine because there is no black constituency worth noting up there. If he'd said this in South Carolina, then i'd give him some dap. But Maine? WEAK!

The NAACP is easy to diss. They're NOTHING in Maine. What are they gonna do...threaten the state with a boycott? There aren't enough blacks in that state to make that stick.

"MY SON IS BLACK!" LMAO...laughable.

Old 01-14-2011, 04:00 PM

3,681 posts, read 6,294,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domination83 View Post
"They are a special interest. End of story...and I'm not going to be held hostage by Non-Corporate special interests."

Fixed.
If you are trying to imply that this guy is some big shot, corporate sell out official only in it for the money, you are sooooooooo wrong.

LePage was homeless from the age of eleven. Completed highschool on his own and put himself through college. Before being elected as Governor, LePage was General Manager for Marden's Discount Store.

On his election, he took NO voter money. He spent approximately $3.90 per vote in contrast to one of his opponents, who spent $110.00 per vote.

Paul LePage is not your typical politician. Kind of a diamond in the rough kind of guy, who should do great things for Maine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies