Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2011, 03:31 PM

35 posts, read 137,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Siete View Post
The video was uploaded in December.
Besides, how many Jared Loughner's can their be in Tucson?

5,094 posts, read 5,441,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinkieMcGee View Post
I too am 100% sure this wasn't politically motivated #sarcasm

Who gives a crap if it was. PEOPLE ARE DEAD!!!!!!!!!!! Does the reason really matter? Will it bring that nine year old girl back? NO!! Sicking!

8,396 posts, read 9,445,226 times
Unhappy Tragic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Arizona Congresswoman Reportedly Shot at Public Event - FoxNews.com

This is just awful.

We should all pray for her...I will.

Sincere wishes for speedy recoveries by all victims of this madness.

Old 01-08-2011, 03:32 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Queen View Post
OMG what the hell!!! No one is to blame except the gunman!!! No one forces anyone to do anything. If words alone set someone off that is not Palins fault that is a screw loose in the person. A nine year old child is dead SOLELY because this man lost it. HE did it, HE made the choice. It is all on HIM.

SO I guess we have to censor speech because "someone" might take it the wrong way. GMAFB!!!!!!!!!
No one is advocating censorship. However, politicians talking about "second amendment solutions", posting maps with targets, and the like are really akin to yelling "fire" in a crowded theater.

Old 01-08-2011, 03:32 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,227,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omahahonors View Post
How is having a rifle scope target over the residing cities of the other party NOT promoting some level of violence?
To some it means this is an area of intrest or focus. Thats how I took it, although today is the first time that I have ever seen it.
Some of us don't look to read violence into every symbol.
I am a vet and former competition shooter and one would think if anyone a shooter would perceive it as such.
I just talked to a former ESU officer from NYC and they didn't consider it a suggestion for violence either.
cross hairs used in advertising - Google Search
Does this google search page advocate violence?
Consumers in the cross hairs?

Old 01-08-2011, 03:33 PM

4,367 posts, read 3,485,145 times
To paint this guy as representative of conservatives would be like saying the Ft. Hood shooter is representative of all Arabs. Do you really think that?

Old 01-08-2011, 03:33 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,227,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
No one is advocating censorship. However, politicians talking about "second amendment solutions", posting maps with targets, and the like are really akin to yelling "fire" in a crowded theater.
I disagree. It simply means to areas of focus.
The bottom line is that providing excuses for guys like this serves only to divert accountability where it really belongs. For example if Rush said hanging is to good for (fill in the blank) and some sicko lights the individual on fire is it Rush's fault? No its the sicko's fault.
I can say I wish somebody would punch joe in the nose because he is such a jerk. Its not my fault that eventually someone does it.

Old 01-08-2011, 03:34 PM

3,857 posts, read 6,959,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldhippie View Post
Besides, how many Jared Loughner's can their be in Tucson?
Unfortunately YouTube is now flooded with fake JL videos uploaded in the past hour or so.

7,814 posts, read 6,394,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Mrs. Palin knows who her base is. She knows exactly what and who she's playing to. Her little crosshairs metaphor has been the subject of some concern for months now, and she's been aware of that.

She's naive but not that naive.
If she were advocating violence and this was all part of her master plan, why did she take it down?

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
How about this?

DailyKos Nutjob: ‘My CongressWOMAN Voted Against Nancy Pelosi! And is Now Dead to Me!’ : The Ellis County Observer

Written just the other day by a nut on DKos.

Seems no one was inspired to do anything regarding Palin's words, except vote the democrats out of office, but maybe the above from the DKos poster inspired the shooter.

As far as timing, the Dkos poster's words would have much more influence to the murderous event than Palin's.

And wouldn't you know, DKos has pulled it! What are they afraid of? What are they hiding?
Dead to me = Does not exist to me. Meaning the writer will treat her as if she did not exist (ignore her).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies