Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2011, 02:06 AM

9,848 posts, read 8,300,680 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odinloki1 View Post
Two individuals who are of equal talent and work ethic can have drastically different times advancing and developing to their full potential if they are from different economic backgrounds.
Why is it necessary? So anybody who does manage to arise from the lower classes ends up being just as much a jerk as the rest of the conservatives?
No two people are alike, so there is no such thing as your two individuals of equal talent and work ethic.
There are going to be tons of differences as to how two people go about the same goal.
I know people from the bottom to the top, the ones at the top I've known started from nothing, were smart, made good choices and were also somewhat frugal in how they lived even after they went from rags to riches.
One even showed me a picture of themselves with Bill Gates from not to long ago. They like most rich people started out poor.
Don't be hating because you couldn't do what they could.
You should also not be so jealous that you call people jerks for acting differently from you as they became successful.

Lots of natural forces are in play.
#1 From the market.
#2 Preparation for opportunity.
#3 80+ hour work weeks.
#4 Working at something that will pay off.

Lots of things make you or break you.
Using common sense can help most often.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2011, 02:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
They Already Have
Oh yeah they did it.

Old 02-10-2011, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
No it wasn't! The Nazi's fully believed the Jews had influence and connections around the world and were running it. Oh wow, where does the left get their idea that the Jews run the world? I wonder.........
Soros?

Old 02-10-2011, 02:36 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,675,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
All are a detriment to society and homosexuality is a perversion and mental confusion/illness. Why should sound minds support these?
Well, there goes half the republican party...

Old 02-11-2011, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Well, there goes half the republican party...
Homosexuals and Lesbians are allowed the right to peacefully earn a living like anyone else.
I don't think marriage should be for them.
I do know it was a mental illness until the late 70s when a bunch of them spent money to make political change.
I have had troubles with their activist going to little kids at school under the banner of education to teach perverted sex such as fisting without the parent's permission.

I don't wish them bad, but I don't like seeing any of them getting to kids at school as education either.
Just my opinion and I don't think they are communists, they are just off on their own mission of sorts.

Old 02-13-2011, 09:32 PM

Default The communist party has worked to get Democrats elected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
They Already Have
Communists have worked to get Democrats elected.

Convention Discussion: What's the difference between the CPUSA and progressive Democrats? » cpusa

Old 02-13-2011, 10:33 PM

29,981 posts, read 43,017,607 times
Default The enemy within: Congressional Progressive Caucus

Congressional Progressive Caucus : Home

List of members: Congressional Progressive Caucus : Caucus Members

Old 02-15-2011, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
We have real problems from within.

Old 02-16-2011, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdavid002 View Post
Should Democratic Party merge with Communist Party?...should GM make cars??
The unions of GM and the Communists could have things in common for sure.

Old 02-17-2011, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
By today's standards, his tax policy (a maximum rate of 90% or so), his contempt for Israel (he got together with Khrushchev to get Israel, UK and France out of Suez) and his robust contempt for the military-industrial complex--as well as supporting the interstate highway system, flouridation of the water, ending the war in Korea, etc.

At the time the John Birch Society openly called him a communist. Then again, you were hardly a known figure if the JBS didn't call you a communist.
Wow!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies