Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2011, 08:43 AM

9,848 posts, read 8,326,139 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odinloki1 View Post
should the Republicans call themselve the "We hate anybody that isn't rich" party?
Actually they are for everyone getting rich.

Democrats want you broke, dependent and voting for them because you are desperate and taught to be self limiting; see government employment unions and great society programs for that one.

Nope, conservatives want the best for all those trying to do things themselves to make things better for their life.

Communists/Democrats want elitists controlled populations all made to do what they are told through the government.

Obey your zod OBAMA!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2011, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
You're right. I watched a documentary last night on Himmler. He forged a coalition with Islam as Hitler forged a coalition with Communists at one point. ALL 3 hated the Jews. Look at the alliances the left is forging today. The similarities are glaring.
That is right and Democrats are always hating on the Jews.
I never got why lots of American Jews vote Democrat when that party hates Israel.
Did you know Obama has like a 3% approval rating in Israel and I bet those 3% are Arabs or something like that.

Other people's money and government control of your life, that is the Democrats of today.

Old 02-08-2011, 09:17 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,973,040 times
A closed mind finds it impossible to get in touch with reality. And Jews in America are generally smart enough to recognize that, and that their loyalty should be to America not to Israel. Zionists, however, will disagree. They have social and religious obligations above all else and this true within Israel as well. The problem is that you’ve got a conservative view on the subject, a tunnel vision while refusing to accept anything that doesn’t fit the paradigm.

Consequently, you blindly support anything that the Israeli government does, and anything that the USA does in its favor, but you can’t handle any criticism of Israeli government. This is especially interesting to me, that many “conservatives” believe Israel, through its government, can do no wrong but American government… well that is a whole different story.

Liberals and progressives look past what you can, or what you’re willing to accept. It is the same with libertarians who, for similar reasons, oppose the interventionist US foreign policy. Most Jews recognize problems and fall in these categories. Remember, one of the “Jew problem” to the Nazis in the 1930s was that they were the damn liberals and commies.

Old 02-08-2011, 09:21 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,520,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Remember, one of the “Jew problem” to the Nazis in the 1930s was that they were the damn liberals and commies.
No it wasn't! The Nazi's fully believed the Jews had influence and connections around the world and were running it. Oh wow, where does the left get their idea that the Jews run the world? I wonder.........

Old 02-08-2011, 09:30 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,973,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
No it wasn't! The Nazi's fully believed the Jews had influence and connections around the world and were running it. Oh wow, where does the left get their idea that the Jews run the world? I wonder.........
... I don't know if Hitler believed or "knew", when he claimed that 75% of Jews are communists. But then, he would have believed anything he disliked about the leftists.

I do think that you should read a bit more about the Nazis and the political ideologies they associated the Jews with.

Old 02-08-2011, 09:34 AM

4,599 posts, read 4,147,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Actually they are for everyone getting rich.

If everyone is rich, then no one is rich and the currency becomes devalued. Are you saying that Republicans are pro inflation communists?

Democrats want you broke, dependent and voting for them because you are desperate and taught to be self limiting; see government employment unions and great society programs for that one.

I don't know I'm not democrat. However I don't see the unified voice of Democrats in that way. They only unify to get rich elite Republicans out of power then they fragment. Much like history has shown.

Nope, conservatives want the best for all those trying to do things themselves to make things better for their life.

Communists/Democrats want elitists controlled populations all made to do what they are told through the government.

Obey your zod OBAMA!
"Obey your zod OBAMA"?????? Another sheeple for the Glen Beck BS.

As a liberal I believe in resources being made public and easily accessable for those who are hardest working and best acheivers to truly advance, not those born into the class of well connected, well financed elites. No illusions of advancement perpetuated by conservatives with a few anecdotes of Horatio Alger-like "up by the bootstraps stories"

Two individuals who are of equal talent and work ethic can have drastically different times advancing and developing to their full potential if they are from different economic backgrounds. Why is it necessary? So anybody who does manage to arise from the lower classes ends up being just as much a jerk as the rest of the conservatives?

An individual should be able to advance to their greatest potential, economic class disparity and the protectionist policies of the elitist conservatives (gutting of public education, in order to protect tax cuts for the rich) are a hinderence to that.

Individuals who work hard should acheive success, however individuals who do nothing, or work just as hard as

If conservatives truly wanted to see individuals prosper to the greatest potential, why shouldn't they be in favor of increased higher education funding, arguably the biggest hurdle to advancement and it only gets higher with each passing year.

If conservative policies truly allowed for an individual to advance based on the merits of the individual that would be fine. However they don't.

Meritocracy in America: Ever higher society, ever harder to ascend | The Economist

"Teddy Roosevelt advocated an inheritance tax because he thought that huge inherited fortunes would ruin the character of the republic."

Old 02-08-2011, 09:36 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,896,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Even the Communist Party USA (CPUSA) has now objected to the Democrat Party, suing the Democrats and its leadership for “stealing” their party platform and relabeling it as “progressive”.

CPUSA lawyers presented documents to the press showing that the Democratic platform of 2010, almost line-for-line, reiterates the CPUSA platform of 1963. In other words, the Democrats of today are the Communists of yesterday.

Third Base Politics: Communist Party sues Democratic Party for theft of intellectual property.
They Already Have

Old 02-09-2011, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
A closed mind finds it impossible to get in touch with reality. And Jews in America are generally smart enough to recognize that, and that their loyalty should be to America not to Israel. Zionists, however, will disagree. They have social and religious obligations above all else and this true within Israel as well. The problem is that you’ve got a conservative view on the subject, a tunnel vision while refusing to accept anything that doesn’t fit the paradigm.

Consequently, you blindly support anything that the Israeli government does, and anything that the USA does in its favor, but you can’t handle any criticism of Israeli government. This is especially interesting to me, that many “conservatives” believe Israel, through its government, can do no wrong but American government… well that is a whole different story.

Liberals and progressives look past what you can, or what you’re willing to accept. It is the same with libertarians who, for similar reasons, oppose the interventionist US foreign policy. Most Jews recognize problems and fall in these categories. Remember, one of the “Jew problem” to the Nazis in the 1930s was that they were the damn liberals and commies.
No matter what the reasoning, Israel is one of the better parts of the Middle East. We have good reasons as Americans to not let them fall or be taken over.
Obama deserves his 1% rating from the people of Israel IMO. He has all but handed them to the wolves.

Old 02-09-2011, 01:36 AM

Quote:
"Obey your zod OBAMA"?????? Another sheeple for the Glen Beck BS.
I guess you missed that part about the President taking over a sixth of the USA economy with health care and all that stimulus to government union employees.
It has nothing to do with Beck (who bores me). The President sucks very well all without Beck IMO.

Old 02-09-2011, 01:50 AM

Quote:
As a liberal I believe in resources being made public and easily accessable for those who are hardest working and best acheivers to truly advance, not those born into the class of well connected, well financed elites. No illusions of advancement perpetuated by conservatives with a few anecdotes of Horatio Alger-like "up by the bootstraps stories"
We all notice you did not describe what you meant by resources, whose and for what?
If you mean for education, already in this country the poorer folks can get scholarships, grants or loans if they have great grades as it should be.
Regarding your well financed elites BS, that to me is only in Washington DC regarding the government taking too much of our money and freedoms, then they use the treasury to bribe IMO voters to vote them in.
You seem very jealous of those who do well and have become wealthy. You seem to have this view that most wealth is inherited.
NO, by far most wealth is created in the current generation, it is far more rare to have Kennedy generational wealth, especially with all the estate taxes.
Everyone has opportunity for success in this country, nothing is guaranteed and there is no such things as enough other people's money lying around to pay for lazy people's lives.
Not everyone will have what it takes to want to work hard, respect any job to be able to earn and buy things like homes and so forth. Some will be self limiting and be in rentals, others do drugs and put themselves on the streets not wanting to even go to shelters.

Life is what you make of it and you get one shot. Better you develop your own life than fight so hard to try and get your hands through government into other people's wallets.

Ever hear of "Thou Shall NOT Covet Thy Neighbor's Goods"?
That was pretty sound advice from a pretty good source IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies