Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2010, 12:06 AM

25,021 posts, read 28,145,502 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundball View Post
Hell why not. I can have the Marines make me feel safer, the Doctors and Nurses care fore me, the Engineers make crap work better, and they can all put food on the table. Win-win!
So in other words, you only want the useful illegals, and not the 99% of illegals that can't fully read or write?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2010, 08:55 AM

77,770 posts, read 105,622,990 times
When you stop putting so much emphasis on a dept that is very particent then what you are saying might make some sense, but right now, this whole thing is a joke.

By the way, I am not oppossed to the Dream act, I hate the thought of it, but I also realize something does have to be done. If the kids are willing to be part of our military or complete 2 years of college with decent grades and are ready to apply for citizenship, then I can accept the act. This doesn't mean the DREAM act will affect the deficit and it doesn't mean I like it, I am just realistic. The secret is they must apply for citizenship. The problem, we have no idea how they will use their status. If they will respect our country or will still only respect the country they came from. The Cubins, for the most part are a blessing, but many of them came here to excape the dictatorship of their original home country.

Of course the article appearing in the HP atomatically makes is slanted.

Nita

Old 12-04-2010, 08:56 AM

77,770 posts, read 105,622,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
And unemployment won't go over 8%, we'll close Gitmo and we'll find that white girl that's missing in Aruba right?
wanted to rep you, but I have to spread it around...

Nita

Old 12-04-2010, 09:01 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,416,801 times
Those CBO numbers are all bs.

The CBO said the same thing about healthcare, helping the bill to pass. Then when the Dems gave them more legitimate numbers...surprise! We have to raise your taxes and cut back your healthcare.

Old 12-04-2010, 09:07 AM

27,224 posts, read 47,046,598 times
First legal aliens and not illegals!

E 2 visa holders who have kids who turn 21, the 21 yr olds have to leave the country unless they can get a different visa....they are not incl. in the Dream Act.
So Reid and associates want legal aliens to become illegal and than fall under the Dream Act? This sounds so wrong.

Give legal aliens a path towards a greencard and kick the criminals out, and let them aply to come in through the front door.

Old 12-04-2010, 10:15 AM

8,965 posts, read 5,467,501 times
Quote:
It's a shame that some Mexican kid, brought here when they were <10, that sees themselves as an American can't serve in the Armed Forces or get a degree and help make this country better. We already spent the money to educate them. We should reap the rewards.
Yep, his/her parents are total losers.

Old 12-04-2010, 10:20 AM

8,965 posts, read 5,467,501 times
Quote:
Hell why not. I can have the Marines make me feel safer, the Doctors and Nurses care fore me, the Engineers make crap work better, and they can all put food on the table. Win-win!
I don't think the large numbers of illegals who are illiterate in English are going to make wonderful doctors, nurses and engineers.

Has the Marine Corps done something to deserve being saddled with all these law-breakers?

Old 12-04-2010, 10:22 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,910,923 times
Annnndd Da Check is in Da Mail!

Old 12-04-2010, 10:28 AM

9,848 posts, read 8,341,285 times
Please, the ones here illegally in CA get on all the social services while working under the table.

15k per illegal child for education per year till high school.
We pay for their free health care.
Free baby sitting services at $600 a month per child.
Food stamps.
Free child support.
Maybe some vouchers for housing.

We are mostly getting the useless from the south, not the educated.

No to the dream act. There are things in there that also allows students to bring boat loads of other family into the country.

It is racists to most only favor Latinos who have broken the law to enter the country. There are diverse groups of people who are waiting to legally get in.

I think you BAN all public services to non citizens at this point and fine all those not using legal options to employ legal residents here.
If they are not residents, they need permits to come and go.

The whole thing is out of wack and waving a wand to call them legal will not fix the billions a year they cost each state.

End it, don't mend it.

Old 12-04-2010, 10:35 AM

9,848 posts, read 8,341,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
I don't think the large numbers of illegals who are illiterate in English are going to make wonderful doctors, nurses and engineers.

Has the Marine Corps done something to deserve being saddled with all these law-breakers?
Most all of the young males in SE Los Angeles find themselves flunking out, becoming hooked on drugs, going to prisons, becoming great with spray cans and blaming others for everything like the rest of the great society people with their hands out.

The problem is they all need state treasury money for their support and the states are broke.
Why not bill the countries they came from?
Maybe we should get at least oil in exchange for all the bills they cost the states.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies