Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2010, 11:12 PM

25,021 posts, read 28,058,173 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roundball View Post
I'm not sure how it is in PA. Here in Arizona we have thousands of of Mexican Nationals that have been here for over a decade with degrees in engineering, nursing, and many other fields that we are giving the jobs away to other foreign Nationals with no allegiance to this country. Don't get me wrong, I love Indian food. I would just rather have some Mexican(American) kid that has been here since he was 2 get that job at Intel vs. an Indian.
Sure let's also reward the thieves and burglars who steal other people's money just because they "can't get by" and had no choice to but rob others' of their hard-earned money. You do see the problem here do you? Would the courts prosecute the robber, or let him go because of sympathy? Think about it in that perspective, and that's basically what the situation boils down to
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2010, 11:13 PM

5,508 posts, read 5,262,926 times
Quote:
It's a shame that some Mexican kid, brought here when they were <10, that sees themselves as an American can't serve in the Armed Forces or get a degree and help make this country better. We already spent the money to educate them. We should reap the rewards.
Actually, many immigrants already can enlist to gain citizenship: "Immigrants who are permanent residents, with documents commonly known as green cards, have long been eligible to enlist...for the first time since the Vietnam War, (a different program) will open the armed forces to temporary immigrants if they have lived in the United States for a minimum of two years, according to military officials familiar with the plan." http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/15/us/15immig.html

This DREAM act is yet another brilliant government plan to encourage even more immigration, even while Americans are dealing with 19 straight months of over 9% unemployment. Apparently it is a good idea to increase the deficit massively in the hopes that maybe someday in the far future we can tax the wages of the new immigrants. That has worked SO well in the past, right?

Old 12-03-2010, 11:17 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,886,214 times
Japanese robot can pick strawberries based on color | Technology | Los Angeles Times Japanese robots in the future will be able to pick crops and soon they will do the job of Illegal Aliens in the fields. The Benefits:
1.No more whiny Dreamies
2.When the robots do the jobs "Americans won't do" Illegals will no longer be needed in the fields
3.More Tech jobs for Americans servicing this equipment.
4.Robots will not steal your ID,Pump out Anchor Babies and accuse you of Racism

Watch the Video on the link,NO AMNESTY AND NO DREAM ACT FOREVER !!!!

Old 12-03-2010, 11:23 PM

25,021 posts, read 28,058,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
Japanese robot can pick strawberries based on color | Technology | Los Angeles Times Japanese robots in the future will be able to pick crops and soon they will do the job of Illegal Aliens in the fields. The Benefits:
1.No more whiny Dreamies
2.When the robots do the jobs "Americans won't do" Illegals will no longer be needed in the fields
3.More Tech jobs for Americans servicing this equipment.
4.Robots will not steal your ID,Pump out Anchor Babies and accuse you of Racism

Watch the Video on the link,NO AMNESTY AND NO DREAM ACT FOREVER !!!!
We won't use that because that's racist replacing those illegal aliens. Since almost 100% of them are illegal Hispanics, the Democrats and ACLU will whine and complain that they are being racially discriminated against

Old 12-03-2010, 11:23 PM

1,046 posts, read 3,496,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post
Actually, many immigrants already can enlist to gain citizenship: "Immigrants who are permanent residents, with documents commonly known as green cards, have long been eligible to enlist...for the first time since the Vietnam War, (a different program) will open the armed forces to temporary immigrants if they have lived in the United States for a minimum of two years, according to military officials familiar with the plan." http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/15/us/15immig.html
I had two Mexicans in my unit (Marine Corps) that took advantage of that. We're talking about the kids of illegal immigrants that came here when they were 1-10 that don't have that option. I'm in favor of the Dream Act. I think that we should build a wall a Berlin/Korean style wall and when that's done...pass the Dream Act.

Old 12-03-2010, 11:24 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,477,024 times
Quote:
It's a shame that some Mexican kid, brought here when they were <10, that sees themselves as an American can't serve in the Armed Forces or get a degree and help make this country better. We already spent the money to educate them. We should reap the rewards.
Why not let the Mexicans that are flooding in have your house? That would show you care.

Old 12-03-2010, 11:29 PM

3,117 posts, read 4,605,698 times
This is yet more number abuse by a lame-duck Democrat session that's trying to manipulate figures to try and pass a last minute travesty.

See, this "study" assumes that every Mexican who would be affected by the Dream Act (and their families) would *start* paying taxes and contributing to the system as a result of the Act.

Where the argument falls apart is when one realizes that most Mexicans ALREADY pay taxes and buy into the system because they're under a mistaken belief that if they pay their taxes, the government will leave them alone, won't look for them, and won't deport them. Or they're working for companies under fake credentials, and those companies are taking out taxes like they would any normal worker.

Sorry, but anyone with half a mind knows that the illegals aren't going to start paying double the taxes they're already paying. They'll be paying the same amount. Not only that, but it fails to consider the ancillary expenses associated with DREAM as it pertains to granting legal residency status to the families of these illegal aliens i.e. their sudden qualification for services.

Dream, like just about everything else the Dems have been trying to shove down our throats (and the reason why they lost last month), is just something that's going to end up costing a fortune and accomplishing nothing but rewarding criminals. And it will never pass, because they can't even get their own party unified behind it.

Old 12-03-2010, 11:31 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,886,214 times
Quote:
I had two Mexicans in my unit (Marine Corps) that took advantage of that. We're talking about the kids of illegal immigrants that came here when they were 1-10 that don't have that option. I'm in favor of the Dream Act. I think that we should build a wall a Berlin/Korean style wall and when that's done...pass the Dream Act.
You must be dreaming!!! Mexicans do not respect any laws,ours and theirs. Why don't you come back with this AFTER the border is secure.Are you suggesting that we should have land mines and shoot to kill orders like they did in Berlin?

That might work if the Liberals don't cry themselves to death !!!!

Old 12-03-2010, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waianaegirl View Post
Why not let the Mexicans that are flooding in have your house? That would show you care.
Hell why not. I can have the Marines make me feel safer, the Doctors and Nurses care fore me, the Engineers make crap work better, and they can all put food on the table. Win-win!

Old 12-03-2010, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
You must be dreaming!!! Mexicans do not respect any laws,ours and theirs. Why don't you come back with this AFTER the border is secure.Are you suggesting that we should have land mines and shoot to kill orders like they did in Berlin?

That might work if the Liberals don't cry themselves to death !!!!
Whatever works. I'm not a fan of land mines...a guard post every quarter-mile with ROE's of shot to kill as soon as someone touches the wall works for me.

That's about 8g guard post. 2 man teams with an 8hr shift...... 60,000 troops with support personnel give or take. More money value than Iraq or Afghanistan and it would actually make a difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies