Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2010, 06:30 PM

31,292 posts, read 20,756,723 times

Advertisements

Scams die hard, but eventually they die, and when they do, nobody wants to get close to the corpse. You can get all the hotel rooms you want this week in Cancun.

The global-warming caravan has moved on, bound for a destination in oblivion. The United Nations is hanging the usual lamb chop in the window this week in Mexico for the U.N.'s Framework Convention on Climate Change, but the Washington guests are staying home. Nobody wants to get the smell of the corpse on their clothes.

PRUDEN: Turn out the lights, the party's over - Washington Times

Last edited by CaseyB; 12-04-2010 at 04:39 AM.. Reason: too long - copyright violation
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2010, 07:14 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,966,939 times
That's right. Did you here about this?

Cancún climate change summit: Japan refuses to extend Kyoto protocol | Environment | The Guardian

The *** is up, they basically admitted that AGW scam is nothing more than a vehicle for wealth redistribution.

Quote:
Cancún climate change summit: Japan refuses to extend Kyoto protocol

Talks threatened with breakdown after forthright Japanese refusal to extend Kyoto emissions commitments
The hoax has finally been completely exposed, none of the predictions of the AGW fanatics have come true, the Ice Cap is still there, the glaciers aren't melting any more than they've melted in the past, the sea level is not rising, none of their dire doomsday predictions have come true.

Old 12-03-2010, 08:03 PM

2,673 posts, read 3,250,025 times
The hoax is the billions of dollars at stake with the fossil fuel industry. They have gone to great lenghts, and great expense to sell the lie that ACC is a hoax. I suggest you guys do a search for cultural cognition. Read it. You might see why you feel the way you do.

Old 12-03-2010, 08:30 PM

27,623 posts, read 21,140,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Scams die hard, but eventually they die, and when they do, nobody wants to get close to the corpse. You can get all the hotel rooms you want this week in Cancun.

The global-warming caravan has moved on, bound for a destination in oblivion. The United Nations is hanging the usual lamb chop in the window this week in Mexico for the U.N.'s Framework Convention on Climate Change, but the Washington guests are staying home. Nobody wants to get the smell of the corpse on their clothes.

Everybody who imagined himself anybody raced to Copenhagen last year for the global-warming summit, renamed "climate change" when the globe began to cool, as it does from time to time. Some 45,000 delegates, "activists," business representatives and the usual retinue of journalists registered for the party in Copenhagen. This year, only 1,234 journalists registered for the Cancun beach party. The only story there is that there's no story there. The U.N. organizers glumly concede that Cancun won't amount to anything, even by U.N. standards.

Rep. Henry A. Waxman of California, who wrote and sponsored the cap-and-trade legislation last year, says he'll be too busy with congressional business (buying stamps for the Christmas cards and getting a haircut and a shoeshine) even to think about going to Cancun. Last year, he joined Speaker Nancy Pelosi and dozens of other congressmen in taking staffers and spouses to the party in Copenhagen. The junket cost taxpayers $400,000, but Copenhagen is a friendly town and a good time was had by all. This year, they're all staying home, learning to live like lame ducks.

The Senate's California ladies, cheerleaders for the global-warming scam only yesterday, can't get far enough away from Cancun this year. Dianne Feinstein says she's not even thinking about the weather. "I haven't really thought about [Cancun], to be honest with you," she tells Politico, the Capitol Hill daily. She still loves the scam, but "no - no, no, no, it's just that I'm not on a committee related to it." She's grateful for small blessings.

Barbara Boxer, who was proud to make global warming her "signature" issue only last year, obviously regards that signature now to be a forgery. She would like to be in Cancun, but she has to stay home to wash her hair. She's not even sending anyone from her staff, willing as congressional staffers always are to party on the taxpayer dime. "I'm sending a statement to Cancun." (Stop the press for that.)

This is another lesson that Washington's swamp fevers inevitably subside. Who now remembers Smoot-Hawley, Quemoy and Matsu, and the Teapot Dome? But these were once issues on which the survival of the known world rested. The only global-warming news of this week was the announcement that the House Select Committee on Global Warming would die with the 111th Congress. Mrs. Pelosi established the committee three years ago to beat the eardrums of one and all, a platform for endless argle-bargle about the causes and effects of climate change. The result was the proposed job-killing national energy tax, but with the Republican sweep, there's no longer an appetite for killing jobs.

Rep. Edward J. Markey of Massachusetts, the chairman of the doomed committee, organized one final event this week, a splashy daylong exercise in gasbaggery starring the usual suspects assigned to drone on for most of the day about the coming global-warming disasters, the melting of the North Pole and the rising of the seas that would make Denver, Omaha and Kansas City seaside resorts. Wesley Clark was the only former presidential candidate to accept an invitation, and he was a no-show. The star witness of the afternoon session was Robert F. Kennedy Jr., an "environmental attorney" who talked about how "clean energy" is nicer than the other kind. Mr. Markey himself, as bored as everyone else, didn't bother to return after lunch.

The members of the committee can now retire with their scrapbooks of clippings to recall the happy days of hearings about global warming (some of them before "global warming" became "climate change" and "liberals" became "progressives"), about how clean energy could replace smelly oil wells and provide Democrats with the means to enact sweeping climate-change legislation. Who could have foreseen that the only "sweeping" would be the sweeping out of so many Democrats?

PRUDEN: Turn out the lights, the party's over - Washington Times
The Washington Times might have an impressive soudmimng name, but it's no more than a propaganda rag owned and operated by THE REVEREND SUN MYUNG MOON...nutbag extraordiaire...

The Moonies founded, own, and control the Washington Times
Are you a Moonie? Are you being influenced by the Moonies? Did you know that the highly respected Washington Times is a mouthpiece for the Reverend Sun Myung Moon? Well it's True! Here's some quotes about the Washington Times I snagged from the Moonies Website. If anyone doesn't believe me, go to the moonies website and read it for yourself. I'm not making this up. I wish I were!

The Washington Times - Comments by Sun Myung Moon

Old 12-03-2010, 08:57 PM

1,476 posts, read 2,025,970 times
Great Post!

Related story in link below tells how the UN's frolicking Climate Change Conferences usually held in ritzy, sunny locales have done nothing but leave a giant carbon footprint! What a wasted & wicked attempt to redistribute the wealth.

FoxNews.com - As Delegates Meet in Cancun, Critics Say UN Is Wrong Venue for Climate Change Debate

Old 12-03-2010, 09:40 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,535,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecovlke View Post
The hoax is the billions of dollars at stake with the fossil fuel industry. They have gone to great lenghts, and great expense to sell the lie that ACC is a hoax. I suggest you guys do a search for cultural cognition. Read it. You might see why you feel the way you do.
Propaganda + stupidity + selfishness = science denial.

Old 12-03-2010, 09:44 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,966,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecovlke View Post
How many hundreds of billions, even trillions have gone to AGW so called scientists from governments, business and other organizations? It dwarfs whatever money is one the side of the skeptics.

Now, if these scientists are receiving grants and will continue to receive oodles of money, as long as they continue selling their AGW snakeoil.

The whole thing is unraveling, ever since Climategate.

When you have one of the top AGW scientists admitting the scam was just a way to redistribute wealth, it's no wonder people don't believe the lies anymore.

Old 12-03-2010, 09:51 PM

1,219 posts, read 3,170,934 times
I was shoveling that "global warming" out of my driveway until mid June last year. Just sayin'

Old 12-03-2010, 10:46 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,442,950 times
Anything that makes money is truth in some peoples eyes. GW was/is a scam BUT it allowed MANY to become very rich. Sadly all that money wasted on this crap could have been used for much better things like paying down the dame debt.

Old 12-03-2010, 10:56 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,949,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberwolf232 View Post
I was shoveling that "global warming" out of my driveway until mid June last year. Just sayin'
That same global warming also had me shoveling out out 3 blizzards last year as well. I was hoping that their prior prediction of snowless winters was going to become reality thanks to AGW, but of course as usual, now instead of saying that AGW is going to cause less snow every winter until it eventually stops snowing, now they are peddling the BS that AGW will cause winters to become snowier and colder Anyone who seriously believes them, needs to have their head checked. Since when does warmer = colder That violates physics! And I'm surprised they haven't caught on to this pattern as well. I suppose that that record cold summer last year was caused by AGW, the same as this past hot summer And the Left accuses us on the RIGHT of a lack of independent thinking when it comes to our news sources!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies