Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2010, 06:58 AM

6,792 posts, read 7,344,991 times

Advertisements

The world is now facing a situation where a rouge state is threatening its neighbors with war, possibly nuclear. This situation could have never gotten to the point it is without China's support and nurturing, therefore China must take full responsibility.
While China calls for more talks, the rest of the world prepares for military conflict, knowing too well the uselessness of trying to talk to a regime that lacks all ability to act reasonably and responsibly.
If hostilities do break out, China needs to face up to it's responsibility in the region and side against South Korea.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2010, 07:06 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,747,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhcom View Post
The world is now facing a situation where a rouge state is threatening its neighbors with war, possibly nuclear. This situation could have never gotten to the point it is without China's support and nurturing, therefore China must take full responsibility.
While China calls for more talks, the rest of the world prepares for military conflict, knowing too well the uselessness of trying to talk to a regime that lacks all ability to act reasonably and responsibly.
If hostilities do break out, China needs to face up to it's responsibility in the region and side against South Korea.
"Rouge"???

In any case, just as they've done before, N. Korea is simply saber-rattling. Put it this way, my man is posted with the military over in south Korea right now, and he's not worried. The south Koreans aren't worried about it -- in fact there was barely any mention of the incidents in question there when they happened. Uncle Kim occasionally has to bluster and make noise in order to whip his population into a brainwashed frenzy of Dear Leader Worship. That's all this is.

Nothing to see here, move along.

Old 12-03-2010, 07:39 AM

40,048 posts, read 34,805,008 times
Quote:
So let me make sure I read your post correctly. China bears responsibility for nurturing, if not actually creating, the horrible mess that is North Korea. But if hostilities should break out, you want them to stay on that same path and continue to back the North Koreans?

I've got to say, I'm glad you aren't an ambassador!

Old 12-03-2010, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
So let me make sure I read your post correctly. China bears responsibility for nurturing, if not actually creating, the horrible mess that is North Korea. But if hostilities should break out, you want them to stay on that same path and continue to back the North Koreans?

I've got to say, I'm glad you aren't an ambassador!
Ahhhhg! A Palin moment... I meant North Korea, I can't believe I wrote that.

Old 12-03-2010, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
"Rouge"???

In any case, just as they've done before, N. Korea is simply saber-rattling. Put it this way, my man is posted with the military over in south Korea right now, and he's not worried. The south Koreans aren't worried about it -- in fact there was barely any mention of the incidents in question there when they happened. Uncle Kim occasionally has to bluster and make noise in order to whip his population into a brainwashed frenzy of Dear Leader Worship. That's all this is.

Nothing to see here, move along.
Saber rattling? Sinking a navy ship and shelling sovereign territory is pretty extreme saber rattling. In fact it is so extreme the South is sacking high government officials and pledging to answer any further attacks with air strikes. The people in the south are angry and that puts political pressure on their government to take action.

Old 12-03-2010, 11:29 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,747,076 times
Quote:
Saber rattling? Sinking a navy ship and shelling sovereign territory is pretty extreme saber rattling. In fact it is so extreme the South is sacking high government officials and pledging to answer any further attacks with air strikes. The people in the south are angry and that puts political pressure on their government to take action.
Do you live in south Korea? No? Then you don't know what is going on there other than what you're seeing from this side of things. My man is stationed there, and he says the attitude of the south Koreans is "Meh, Kim's at it again. What's for lunch?" This is from a guy who lives off post, in a Korean neighborhood, and hangs out with Koreans every day. I'm pretty sure he's probably got his finger on the pulse a little better than you do.

Old 12-03-2010, 11:39 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,738,895 times
Quote:
Frankly, I don't think it would be smart diplomacy to start pointing fingers at China over this matter. China lends us money so we can buy their products. They put the profits into US treasury bonds, still the safest investment in the world. China needs us, we need China. Whether we like it or not, burning the China bridge would be suicidal for our country. North Korea is demonstrating that the third son has muscle. It is an exercise in internal affairs. nothing more.

Old 12-03-2010, 11:39 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,539,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
Do you live in south Korea? No? Then you don't know what is going on there other than what you're seeing from this side of things. My man is stationed there, and he says the attitude of the south Koreans is "Meh, Kim's at it again. What's for lunch?" This is from a guy who lives off post, in a Korean neighborhood, and hangs out with Koreans every day. I'm pretty sure he's probably got his finger on the pulse a little better than you do.
Typical, a Liberal who thinks shelling another country is nothing to worry about. Oh and those deaths that occurred because of it? Oh, that's ok, it's just ole Kim up to his sabre rattling again. Sheesh, what irresponsibility, but god forbid the USA did something like this in retaliation for something real.

Old 12-03-2010, 11:41 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,539,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Frankly, I don't think it would be smart diplomacy to start pointing fingers at China over this matter. China lends us money so we can buy their products. They put the profits into US treasury bonds, still the safest investment in the world. China needs us, we need China. Whether we like it or not, burning the China bridge would be suicidal for our country. North Korea is demonstrating that the third son has muscle. It is an exercise in internal affairs. nothing more.
Another one who thinks killing innocents is no big deal. What is wrong with you people?!?!?!?

Old 12-03-2010, 11:54 AM

915 posts, read 1,199,877 times
Here is a list of China's largest trading partners (in exports), in order:
United States
Japan
South Korea
Germany
Netherlands
United Kingdom

North Korea is nowhere to be found. In fact I'm pretty sure they are a net drain on the Chinese economy. If hostilities break out, who do you think China is likely to support?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies