Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2010, 04:55 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,394,688 times

Advertisements

I see all the workings of TSA as conditioning for what is yet to come for Americans (whatever that may be).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2010, 05:34 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,125,226 times
What is the Global Warming nuts going to do about putting more cars on the road? I will only drive now as will many others.

Old 12-03-2010, 11:38 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,479,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Why not just send the TSA to our borders to grope up/body scan all the illegals crossing over without documentation? I mean that is if they are serious about making the USA "safe".
Well that is just the point. They do not care about our safety. It' s all about control. I have family that are exempt from these scans and searches, so they can come visit me. I know that they are wanting you not to fly, but I cannot have a stranger touch my kids like that and not punch someone out. So we drive.

Old 12-03-2010, 11:41 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,479,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
What is the Global Warming nuts going to do about putting more cars on the road? I will only drive now as will many others.
Exactly. And we drive SUV's. I don't mind driving across America to get somewhere. We are long over due for a road trip anyways.

Old 12-03-2010, 11:46 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,096,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Don't fly, don't take the bus/train, don't drive. So long as you stay in bed, you're good to go with not being searched.

Thankfully this all ends very soon. The government is really, truly broke and won't be able to implement the security version of "bread and circuses" much longer.
No, because the gov't will just invent a new "passenger security fee" to make us safe when these busses are ridden.

Old 12-04-2010, 01:57 AM

39,031 posts, read 23,121,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Greyhound currently has NO security. As someone who often is the only "normal" person on any Greyhound I travel on and has seen many a gun flashed, I agree that there needs to be some basic measure of security.
There is a difference between "some basic measure of security" and the current TSA invasive search tactics.

Old 12-04-2010, 02:01 AM

39,031 posts, read 23,121,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by proudvoterofObama View Post
I don't understand what the big deal is... I would rather be scanned than groped - but that's just me. The images don't show anything, and you don't have to be naked, so who cares? If you have nothing to hide, then why are people making it such a big deal?
Going through the scanners does not automatically waive you from having to endure an invasive pat-down. I wished all you TSA supporters would realize this very fact and stop talking as if it is an either/or.

Old 12-04-2010, 08:19 AM

37,772 posts, read 62,010,566 times
Backscatter technology is pretty cool

I think we should have nekkid body scanners setup at every street intersection.

Also do not forget the 500 ZBV vans HLS just bought in addition to the previous 100 they already had. White box vans slowly moving through residential neighborhoods radiating and nekkid body scanning parked cars [and passengers], houses [and residents] and storefronts [and everyone inside those buildings]. Everything within 50 foot from the pavement gets radiated, nekkid scanned and recorded [for future viewing].

Old 12-04-2010, 08:24 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,926,703 times
What better way to implement population control than that regular doses of radiation.
Who knows what effects that will have in 10-20 years when these kids grow up.

Don't worry though..the government says radiation isn't harmful now.
It used to be, but they decided it's not harmful anymore.

Old 12-04-2010, 08:27 AM

45,517 posts, read 26,794,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by proudvoterofObama View Post
I don't understand what the big deal is... I would rather be scanned than groped - but that's just me. The images don't show anything, and you don't have to be naked, so who cares? If you have nothing to hide, then why are people making it such a big deal?
Good one!

On a related note:
I'm waiting for someone to justify cavity searches by stating"if you got nothin illegal up in your butt, whats the big deal?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies