Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2010, 10:58 AM

4,049 posts, read 2,759,735 times

Advertisements

If any leaks can be used as evidence of illegal activity on the part of government,banks,politicians, etc. they should ALL be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Ergohead thanks for the link & I completely agree with you here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2010, 11:12 AM

14,538 posts, read 11,400,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Here's the cable itself..no details whatsoever..not even an adddress. Just a laundry list of locations..all requested by (drumroll) DHS !!!

Cable Viewer
So if this list is harmless then why publish it? If the list is harmless then why does our administration condemn Wikileaks for leaking it? Apparently you are smarter than everyone, eh HappyTexan?

Old 12-06-2010, 11:16 AM

3,275 posts, read 5,227,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
If the list is harmless then why does our administration condemn Wikileaks for leaking it?
What you are saying is essentially "If it's not bad, why does the government say its bad?". This is assuming that everything the government says and does is earnest, an idea which these latest leaks do much to advance the cause of disproving.

It could just be that they have the egg on their face from having their information nabbed. But some of the stuff in these leaks is pretty damaging to the US government's reputation and rightly so.

Old 12-06-2010, 11:29 AM

41,457 posts, read 60,128,238 times
Our government's reputation is not damaged by Wikkileaks. It is damaged by its own actions. Governments should live as good citizens and never do anything they could be ashamed of doing.

Old 12-06-2010, 11:38 AM

41,325 posts, read 45,181,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
All those wikileaks are LAME. The "information" released isn't really new. Anybody who can think on their own, without the aid of cable news, can figure things out on their own.

I guess you're accustomed to Fox News spoon feeding you. Please.

I can think of at least 25 "facilities" that are more important than any of the ones listed in the article.

Terrorists can think too. They do not need to be told which "facilities" are important to US security.

The only wikileak I was interested in was never published: the one about a major US bank. Gee, that hasn't come out. Tells you a lot about who is really running the show: international bankers.

Turn off the TV, do a lot of reading in History, Geography, Geopolitics, etc. Glenn Beck U does not count. Then, take a few courses in logic and critical thinking. Practice thinking and analyzing/evaluating things on your own.
According to who? You? Well, now because of obama's lack of seriousness in stopping this man months ago, the terrorists don't have to guess anymore, just read from the list. I'm sure this is not the end list of vital national security facilities, and yes, some are obvious, others not so obvious, but now they have been exposed along with the people who work in those facilities. It just makes it that much easier for the bad guys. And I have no doubt the Left would be screeching about this breach in national security if Bush had been in charge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanathos View Post
I can tell you with absolute certainty that the bank documents are in a large encrypted file on each secure mirror site out there right now, just waiting to be released. It's about 4 and a half gigs compressed. What it is exactly that Assange and company are waiting for before releasing them, I don't know, but I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt with regards to whatever time frame he has in mind.
He has threatened to release the 25-digit encryption key IF he is arrested, stopped or shut down. Blackmail, extortion, still willing to give him the benefit of the doubt?

Old 12-06-2010, 11:40 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,408,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Our government's reputation is not damaged by Wikkileaks. It is damaged by its own actions. Governments should live as good citizens and never do anything they could be ashamed of doing.
Or can't hide. Come to think of it, our Government seems pretty thin skinned.

Touchy! Touchy! Touchy!

Old 12-06-2010, 11:43 AM

14,538 posts, read 11,400,595 times
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoarfrost View Post
What you are saying is essentially "If it's not bad, why does the government say its bad?". This is assuming that everything the government says and does is earnest, an idea which these latest leaks do much to advance the cause of disproving.
And the government would have what reason to lie about this? And Assange would have what reason to publish this?

Quote:
It could just be that they have the egg on their face from having their information nabbed. But some of the stuff in these leaks is pretty damaging to the US government's reputation and rightly so.
If you think that having egg on their faces is all that results from this then you are sadly mistaken.

Old 12-06-2010, 07:49 PM

3,275 posts, read 5,227,897 times
[quote=Mr. Joshua;16903086]
Quote:

And the government would have what reason to lie about this? And Assange would have what reason to publish this?

If you think that having egg on their faces is all that results from this then you are sadly mistaken.
I don't know, explain to me why they lie about so much else? It's seems that pathological lying is a prerequisite for any job in the upper echelon. I don't particularly care why Assange publishes this stuff, although I suspect for the same reason he publishes leaks about human rights abuses in Africa and the ME. But I think who snitched on the government and why is pretty irrelevant in context.

Old 12-06-2010, 07:56 PM

20,856 posts, read 17,270,637 times
Are any of you getting a sense of what his goals are in doing all these releases?

I have watched every administration in this country lie to it's citizens about wars and other issues. Sorry to say it, but it's true... Maybe Batman has a goal that has yet to reveal itself...He is pretty smart.

Old 12-06-2010, 08:18 PM

6,069 posts, read 6,123,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
I'm concerned that he will be silenced before info on the world's ruling financial institutions is released. That is where the really damaging dirt is.
That's what i want to read. Of only limited signifigance what we have heard so far. But some dirt on what the real big boys are up to,now that would be something of note.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies