Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2010, 09:53 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,693,375 times

Advertisements

Well it seems The Patriot Act is now "global" in nature.
The cable sites The Patriot Act and DHS Presidential Directive 7.

Presidential Directive 7 is NATIONAL folks..good ole USA.
Why is our government using The Patriot Act to justify global locations that we have ZERO rule over ?

DHS | Homeland Security Presidential Directive 7: Critical Infrastructure Identification, Prioritization, and Protection
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2010, 10:00 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,267,348 times
For me, the disconcerting factor isn't this particular list per se as far as a list of targets for terrorists (there are just as many VISIBLE and WELL-KNOWN targets vital to nat'l security terrorists know about, i.e. the Pentagon, WTC, etc). Nonetheless, this isn't just another description of Gaddafi's busty Ukrainian nurse. This really does appear to be very sensitive information about US interests and does not bode well for what else is in the remaining hundreds of thousands of cables that have not (yet?) been revealed.

Old 12-05-2010, 10:08 PM

16,431 posts, read 22,251,965 times
I'm concerned that he will be silenced before info on the world's ruling financial institutions is released. That is where the really damaging dirt is.

Old 12-05-2010, 10:08 PM

4,897 posts, read 8,336,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
sanrene..The Pentagon Papers did more damage, Watergate did more damage then these cables. These cables show a weak, frustrated US foreign policy that is based on paying everyone off or pulling favors.

Using the US Ambassador to Spain to award GE a contract for engines.
Corporate cronyism at it's finest wouldn't you say..and now we have proof of what many were speculating.
That pretty much sums it up. Most of the things I've seen released so far are no doubt embarassing to politicians over the last 10 years or so but so far nothing seems truly to damage national security. Of course, I haven't seen much other then what has been printed in the major media so this might change but some how I doubt it.

Old 12-05-2010, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefoxwarrior View Post
For me, the disconcerting factor isn't this particular list per se as far as a list of targets for terrorists (there are just as many VISIBLE and WELL-KNOWN targets vital to nat'l security terrorists know about, i.e. the Pentagon, WTC, etc). Nonetheless, this isn't just another description of Gaddafi's busty Ukrainian nurse. This really does appear to be very sensitive information about US interests and does not bode well for what else is in the remaining hundreds of thousands of cables that have not (yet?) been revealed.
No it's not. I posted a link to the cable itself. Go read it and make up your mind. There's no US interests listed..they are all in other countries and they are not secret by no means.

Pipelines, rivers, bridges..obvious "vital interests" to the home country where they are located..but why to the US ?

Old 12-05-2010, 10:25 PM

4,049 posts, read 2,749,645 times
This information is nothing that could do harm to the US. Hell there weren't even any details.

If any info is leaked that can make the faces red of some of our crooked politicians & the cronyism that goes on, then I applaud it!

Can't wait to hear what Assange has to say concerning our banks.

Old 12-05-2010, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
This information is nothing that could do harm to the US. Hell there weren't even any details.

If any info is leaked that can make the faces red of some of our crooked politicians & the cronyism that goes on, then I applaud it!

Can't wait to hear what Assange has to say concerning our banks.
I wonder though if our press will get the nerve up to actually read some of these cables and act on them ?

I mean The Patriot Act and that DHS Directive are for national lists meaning US sites. That cable is full of foreign sites and uses the Patriot Act to justify gathering that info and giving it to DHS.

The Patriot Act holds no water outside of the US.

Old 12-05-2010, 10:41 PM

4,049 posts, read 2,749,645 times
Quote:
I wonder though if our press will get the nerve up to actually read some of these cables and act on them ?

I mean The Patriot Act and that DHS Directive are for national lists meaning US sites. That cable is full of foreign sites and uses the Patriot Act to justify gathering that info and giving it to DHS.

The Patriot Act holds no water outside of the US.
Our press hasn't really reported the 'news' in a long time. They do what they are told.
I don't think any of them will want to take this bad boy on.

Old 12-05-2010, 10:56 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,486,609 times
Quote:
sanrene..The Pentagon Papers did more damage, Watergate did more damage then these cables. These cables show a weak, frustrated US foreign policy that is based on paying everyone off or pulling favors.

Using the US Ambassador to Spain to award GE a contract for engines.
Corporate cronyism at it's finest wouldn't you say..and now we have proof of what many were speculating.

Old 12-05-2010, 11:02 PM

5,872 posts, read 8,115,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
BBC News - List of facilities 'vital to US security' leaked

This man needs to be stopped by any means necessary and that includes all those who host and help him in his attempt to destroy US FP and National Security.

So now the terrorists will also know what we consider vital to our national security.
Do you not think that anyone who can do a basic threat assessment of the U.S. knows what we value most? The Russian oil pipeline to the West, especially now that we FUBAR'd ourselves w/ the new Khazikstan pipeline?
Telecommunications hubs to our satellites in Scotland and under sea communications networks to listen in to our and our enemies calls-i.e. wiretapping? Did that not give it away in 2007??? please..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies