Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 06:13 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,282,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
I think the point is that the conservatives always try to tell you they are "the family" party with whiter than white morals and real followers of god's law and spend a lot of time decrying the liberals for their moral laxity. Those in glass houses blah, blah, blah... And I do think both parties should be above reproach by the way. But the hypocrisy of the conservatives far outranks the liberals.
Really to me the point is, and most lefties miss it (or refuse to acknowledge) is that Clinton was impeached not because of sex but because he lied under oath. Besides the fact that his daliance was when he was suppose to be conducting the business of our country, at tax payers expense, in the Oval Office with a girl half his age.

The left is the 1st to say they don't care about a persons sex life but when this Republicans phone number came up on the Madam's list it was only about sex and the lefties couldn't wait to run with the story.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2007, 06:21 AM

5,407 posts, read 7,826,647 times
All I’m saying is for a republican it is a negative and for democrats they get a pass and are usually congratulated.

Red the point is that he was running his campaign on morality, God and family values. So he does not seem to be practicing what he is preaching. Otherwise I would have no issue with him getting a hooker. It's his money.

What I always find curious in these cases is - where is the indignation and outrage from the right? You guys were the ones that were duped into voting for him.

Last edited by bily4; 07-13-2007 at 06:39 AM..

Old 07-13-2007, 06:54 AM

1,736 posts, read 4,765,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
All I’m saying is for a republican it is a negative and for democrats they get a pass and are usually congratulated.

Red the point is that he was running his campaign on morality, God and family values. So he does not seem to be practicing what he is preaching. Otherwise I would have no issue with him getting a hooker. It's his money.

What I always find curious in these cases is - where is the indignation and outrage from the right? You guys were the ones that were duped into voting for him.
Again I said, “All I’m saying is for a republican it is a negative and for democrats they get a pass and are usually congratulated”

Forget about your petty little bickering, “but your side did this”, “your side did that”.
Is there anything about WHAT I SAID that you can dispute?
Here it is again, “All I’m saying is for a republican it is a negative and for democrats they get a pass and are usually congratulated”

Old 07-13-2007, 07:19 AM

Sorry for my "petty bickering". That is the whole point, however and the reason this particular person got an article written about him. Hypocrisy.

Who is saying it is a negative for a republican and a positive for a democrat? I must have missed that post. I think most voting democratic are mature enough to realize that whatever consenting adults want to do with their sex lives is pretty much their business. Frankly we don't care. They want to dress up in skirts and romp around on Friday night? So long as they get their work done, enjoy. The issue that it is a bible belt republican that is campaigning, I would imagine, in his family values and morality theme pretty strongly against prostitution is what makes this news in the first place.

Again, where is the indignation on the right? If anyone can do anything they want and then just say, God forgave me, I get a free pass. Then what is the point of preaching against it in the first place. Silly.

Old 07-13-2007, 07:48 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,611,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky1 View Post
Really to me the point is, and most lefties miss it (or refuse to acknowledge) is that Clinton was impeached not because of sex but because he lied under oath.
Clinton was impeached solely for partisan reasons. There never were any crimes, and there never was an even remote prospect for conviction on any charge, either considered or levied. But Republicans were tired of the 25-year albatross of the Nixon impeachment tainting public perceptions of their persona and their moral credentials, and having at long last regained the capability of retaliating in 1994, they were determined to find something that would enable them to do so, becoming only more dedicated to the task after the stinging public rebuke they received in the government shutdown affair. Whitewater, Vince Foster, the Rose law firm, Troopergate, Travelgate, and on and on and on they went trying to find any basis for action at all until Linda Tripp fell into their laps. Here at last was something that they could indeed set the President up on (thanks to an incomprehensible Supreme Court ruling that while a sitting President could not be named as a defendant in a criminal matter, he could be in a civil matter -- shouldn't take up too much time or interfere with the conduct of his office in any way), and that's exactly what they proceeded to do. Partisan street theater was all the matter ever was, and those who produced it should be disgraced for their conduct in staging it. They ignored our national interest in favor of partisan vengeance, while diminishing the institutions and trivializing the processes of our national government.

And while there may be a widespread belief in some quarters that Clinton comitted perjury at some point in the process, the line usually quoted in support of that belief is Clinton's claim that he never had sexual relations with that woman, Ms. Lewinsky, and the statement was made during a press conference, not under oath. He was asked under oath whether, under a definition of the term that he was holding in his hand at the time, he had had sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, and his answer was no, he never did, and that was an entirely truthful answer to the question that had been asked. You cannot, no matter how you twist it, get perjury, or even lying under oath (the two are quite different) out of a truthful answer to a question asked.

Old 07-13-2007, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Who is saying it is a negative for a republican and a positive for a democrat? I must have missed that post.
I said it. You can go back and read it again, even though you have responded to it two times.

Quote:
I think most voting democratic are mature enough to realize that whatever consenting adults want to do with their sex lives is pretty much their business. Frankly we don't care. They want to dress up in skirts and romp around on Friday night? So long as they get their work done, enjoy. The issue that it is a bible belt republican that is campaigning, I would imagine, in his family values and morality theme pretty strongly against prostitution is what makes this news in the first place.

Again, where is the indignation on the right? If anyone can do anything they want and then just say, God forgave me, I get a free pass. Then what is the point of preaching against it in the first place. Silly.
This is where you are disingenuous. You say, “I think most voting democratic are mature enough to realize that whatever consenting adults want to do with their sex lives is pretty much their business”. “Frankly we don't care” but you are the one that started this post.
So what is it?
Do you secretly care?
If it doesn’t matter then why bring it up?

Old 07-13-2007, 07:59 AM

13,026 posts, read 24,739,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky1 View Post
Really to me the point is, and most lefties miss it (or refuse to acknowledge) is that Clinton was impeached not because of sex but because he lied under oath. Besides the fact that his daliance was when he was suppose to be conducting the business of our country, at tax payers expense, in the Oval Office with a girl half his age.

The left is the 1st to say they don't care about a persons sex life but when this Republicans phone number came up on the Madam's list it was only about sex and the lefties couldn't wait to run with the story.
I quite agree with you about Clinton, he was a sleaze ball but two wrongs don't make a right.

Old 07-13-2007, 08:56 AM

2,970 posts, read 2,282,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
Clinton was impeached solely for partisan reasons. There never were any crimes, and there never was an even remote prospect for conviction on any charge, either considered or levied.
Ah, "never any crimes," see, that is where we diverge. Because if one doesn't consider lying under oath a crime then we really have nothing else to debate. It's a matter of ethics.

Old 07-13-2007, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
Clinton was impeached solely for partisan reasons. There never were any crimes, and there never was an even remote prospect for conviction on any charge, either considered or levied.
So according to the great “saganista” sexual harassment is not a crime.

As well read as you are, surely you are aware that Monica Lewenski was discovered during the Paula Jones sexual harassment lawsuit. The same lawsuit that Clinton tried to use his presidency to shield himself from prosecution.

I believe he eventually settled that lawsuit after dragging Paula Jones and the rest of the nation through the mud. I guess he settled because “it was the right thing to do”.

Old 07-13-2007, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNC View Post
I said it. You can go back and read it again, even though you have responded to it two times.

This is where you are disingenuous. You say, “I think most voting democratic are mature enough to realize that whatever consenting adults want to do with their sex lives is pretty much their business”. “Frankly we don't care” but you are the one that started this post.
So what is it?
Do you secretly care?
If it doesn’t matter then why bring it up?
Red sorry, I meant - who "besides you" is saying this. Nobody else seems to be, So why are you asking the question.

What is it? I don't care he had sex with a hooker...apparently on a somewhat regular basis. I do care he is being a hypocrite, and campaigning on a God and family values platform. Then after he wins the campaign based on his bogus speeches, he rewards himself with a little nookie on the side, courtesy of the DC madam.

Seems pretty clear to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies