Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2010, 04:42 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,446,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jghorton View Post
So let's see, we've got three really deep responses defending 'Bush bashing'

DesertDetroiter says:
Dude...really? I mean, Seriously?

Boompa says:
Looks like you are the only one

and SLCPunk says:
He had the lowest approval rating for a reason...

That is part of the problem -- too many folks have become 'sound byte' junkies that mindlessly repeat whatever sounds popular at the moment, with little or no regard for character assasination of decent, honorable people or anything that can't be contained in a 10-second text-message or twitter.
You mean like the "tax and spend Democrats" and "cut the deficit tea party" soundbytes that flat out ignored Bush's adoration for deficit spending?

Yeah, I agree, soundbytes can get ridiculous
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2010, 04:42 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,543,034 times
Quote:
President GW Bush was elected twice by the majority of the American people to represent the United States of America
Actually Gore recieved more votes than Bush in the first election. The Supreme court gave him the election.

Old 11-18-2010, 04:43 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,185,642 times
Quote:
So let's see, we've got three really deep responses defending 'Bush bashing'

DesertDetroiter says:
Dude...really? I mean, Seriously?

Boompa says:
Looks like you are the only one

and SLCPunk says:
He had the lowest approval rating for a reason...

That is part of the problem -- too many folks have become 'sound byte' junkies that mindlessly repeat whatever sounds popular at the moment, with little or no regard for character assasination of decent, honorable people or anything that can't be contained in a 10-second text-message or twitter.
Okay, so i was juvenile. Fine...i'll grow up a bit. Just remember...you asked for it.

GWB is the most unpopular Republican figure since Herbert Hoover. And the only reason you hear modern day Repubs lionizing Herbert Hoover now is only because he's safe in his grave, they hate Roosevelt and the vestiges of the New Deal, and American's generally know little about who the president is now, let alone the 1920's.

Think about it....the last time an electioneering Republican would stand anywhere near GWB is 2004, and they were getting wary of him THEN. By 2006, he was as toxic as Chernobyl. In 2008, Satan was probably more popular. That's why in those two elections, Repubs kept invoking the name of Ronald Reagan...because he's the last Repub prez that you could reasonably invoke without getting laughed out of the room. John McCain and Palin were running from Bush like he had the Ebola Virus.

Seriously though, the "In Defense of Bush Industry" folded their tents a long time ago. They're hiding in the hills somewhere. Even the Neocons who led him by the nose into war wince when his name is mentioned. Cheney just started back talking to him. The dude is a skunk...face it.

I'll say this though...i do agree with you that he's probably a decent man, God fearing, and sincere in his beliefs. That's why i never jumped all over him like a lot of my Lib friends do.

Old 11-18-2010, 04:49 PM

63 posts, read 37,579 times
Quote:
President GW Bush was elected twice by the majority of the American people to represent the United States of America -- He is a decent, honest individual ... who doesn't seem to meet elite liberal standards of 'intelligence, sophistication and ... whatever else' -- Yet, where do their qulifications lie --- and what do they really know about what goes on behind the scenes. It seems to me that most of the rhetoric simply repeats the hateful press spewed by the liberal media.

Whether you like GW's politics or not, the office of President deserves our respect and support -- Further, GW has not been President for over two years ... and yet, the 'Bush-haters' still blame him for everything and anything. Wake up and grow-up! -- The President doesn't pass laws -- GW didn't simply decide to go into Iraq -- He wasn't the only one (including the Dems, who believed intelligence reports about WMD's).

But, even so, when does responsibility for anything (economy, remaining in Iraq/Iran, unemployment, etc. etc) actually pass to the current Administration? -- I'm not saying the current or the past Administration is responsible for the problems, but all the Bush finger-pointing lacks knowledge, logic --- and any apparent interest in actually solving the problems!

'Finger Pointing' and the 'blame game' doesn't move us one-inch closer to solutions. As Americans, we need to unite and move forward together to solve our mutual problems! If Washington can't get over its own partisan politics, then the American people need to vote them out of office... blue and red alike!
Most reasonable and rational (non-proglodites) as beyond sick and tired of everything being blamed on W. While he wasn't the most articulate speaker, his academic record was good, and better the J. Kerry's or Obams's non-existant record, and unlike the bum we have in office now, he didn't use idiot boards every time he spoke (Obummer uses them even in staff meetings).

W's popularity is on the rise as more and more people realize it was the Democrat-controlled Congress, under Reid and Pelosi, that is most-responsible.

While he had his flaws, W was a far more decent, honest and intelligent President that the current national embarrasement, BHO.

Old 11-18-2010, 04:52 PM

63 posts, read 37,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Actually Gore recieved more votes than Bush in the first election. The Supreme court gave him the election.
Let me correct the above lie. The Supreme Court blocked the Florida Supreme court (which had zero jurisdiction of this Constitutional function (choosing members of the Electoral College), from unlawfully expanding the period of time the Fla legislature, pursuant to its plenary power to determine the method for choosing the member's of the electoral college, had prescribed for recounts. As we all know the DNC is famous for stealing elections, starting with the one JFK "won".

Old 11-18-2010, 04:53 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,506,282 times
Quote:
Wrong. Bush won.

Every major newspaper in the country went to Florida after the election and recounted the votes. Bush won every time.

Old 11-18-2010, 04:56 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,316,811 times
Bush insulted my country, and he did some property damage in New York, too.

Well, screw New York - those buildings were ugly anyway.

Old 11-18-2010, 05:10 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,108,411 times
I'm tired of the Bush bashing and the Dems who play the blame game. Really, I feel like Obama and his sheeple will point the finger at Bush both blatantly and subtley to try to deflect responsibility from our current president's decisions or lack thereof.

Old 11-18-2010, 05:28 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,560,914 times
Quote:
As a Floridian I agree! 537 votes doesn't actually scream a "majority" of Americans does it?

Old 11-18-2010, 06:31 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,185,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sallyfourth View Post
While he wasn't the most articulate speaker, his academic record was good.

W's popularity is on the rise.
What in the hell does the first sentence have to do with his tenure as president?

And the second sentence? Ehhh...let's go over this again: Which Repub in this past election, the 2008 election, or the 2006 election invoked the Bush name as an example of what a good Repub should do in elected office?

Should be easy...seeing as how he's becoming so popular!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies