Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2010, 04:40 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Wikileaks also stated that there were more contractors than military personnel in Iraq. I got lambasted by conservatives in here the other day for saying this was Bush's war to make money. Tell you what, I'll trade conservatives a WDM admission for you admitting this war was about getting Bush and his boys rich.

Hello......

Echo???? Echo????
Just because there were more contrators in Iraq than military personnel doesnt mean Bush was making money from it.. Contractors were hired to rebuild schools, electricity, etc..
Quote:
Originally Posted by expect View Post
wow lmao@ comparing world war 2 to the iraq war.. if you had any credibility in that post.. yes hitler and sadam are identical cases, and world war 2 is only slightly different to the war in iraq
Typical left wing reply. When you have no reply.. Attack the poster... Trust me, I'm the one laughing at the nonsensical reply.
Quote:
Colombia has terrorist camps. so does pakistan, iran im sure, saudi arabia (how many of the 9/11 hijackers were saudis?), the phillipines has terrorist camps, indonesia, lebanon, palestine, india, israel, syria, egypt, turkey. why weren't they invaded?
Did they have WMD's ALSO and use them to kill their own people? I'd support such an invasion, I'm glad to see you are now supporting one as well.. Ooh you arent.. your now making a ridiculous comparison that you just accused me of doing above..
Quote:
and funny how easily you dismiss the fact that rumsfeld, F-I-V-E -H-O-U-R-S into the attacks, was already looking to attack iraq. before any UN/US investigators went in to look for those wonderful wmd's.
Wrong again.. UN was in Iraq for YEARS before the attack.. Clinton himself changed the US policy in Iraq to have the goal of overthrowing the government.. I'm laughing again at you.. its almost as if you didnt think they were watching Iraq for decades..
Quote:
again i laugh at your comparison of sadam and iraq to hitler and nazi germany
Like a typical child.. just keep on laughing instead of discussing an issue like an adult
Quote:
bill gates net worth was greater than their entire gdp in 2003, yet this turd country, already destroyed by sanctions was supposed to threaten the greatest super power in the history of the world. hahahaha
And? Bill Gates net worth was also greater than Osama Bin Laden.. Whats this supposed to add up to? Are you telling me Osama had nothing to do with it either because Bill Gates net worth was more?
Quote:
no you're wrong that poverty stricken country with at least 28% unemployment and heavy sanctions was secretly training al-qaeda. lol
Um.. now I'm almost laughing so hard that I'm going to fall off my chair.. Its BECAUSE of high unemployment numbers they were able to train. If you doubt it was taking place, then please provide some evidence contrary to the 9/11 Commission Report which says they were.. It states very clearly that there was terrorists camps inside of Iraq but outside of Baghdad.. But I suppose I'm supposed to take your word over the 9/11 Commission Report. Remind me again of your crudentials?
Quote:
and i wonder what country helped build up iraq's military power in 1982... hmmm... gee i can't think for myself but it must've been other terrorists!

look, buddies:
We did.. thats why we knew they had weapons.. What is that supposed to contribute to the topic other than display why your wrong...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2010, 05:03 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,477,016 times
Quote:
wow lmao@ comparing world war 2 to the iraq war.. if you had any credibility in that post.. yes hitler and sadam are identical cases, and world war 2 is only slightly different to the war in iraq

Colombia has terrorist camps. so does pakistan, iran im sure, saudi arabia (how many of the 9/11 hijackers were saudis?), the phillipines has terrorist camps, indonesia, lebanon, palestine, india, israel, syria, egypt, turkey. why weren't they invaded?
and funny how easily you dismiss the fact that rumsfeld, F-I-V-E -H-O-U-R-S into the attacks, was already looking to attack iraq. before any UN/US investigators went in to look for those wonderful wmd's.

again i laugh at your comparison of sadam and iraq to hitler and nazi germany
bill gates net worth was greater than their entire gdp in 2003, yet this turd country, already destroyed by sanctions was supposed to threaten the greatest super power in the history of the world. hahahaha
Concentration camps for women, children and the elderly. Death to everyone else. Mass genocide based on peoples heritage. Mass graves (although they didn't "cremate" them in giant ovens). Intentional starvation. The use of aid to buy weapons and influence. There were many similarities. The sad part is that we know what happens when you sit around and do nothing with people like Saddam and his sons. Saddam came in to power much like Lenin did, by summarily murdering any dissenters after his election.

Quote:
Munich, September 29, 1938.
ADOLF HITLER,
NEVILLE CHAMBERLAIN,
EDOUARD DALADIER,
BENITO MUSSOLINI.
The Avalon Project : Munich Pact 9/29/38

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JojVRTbauIU

As far as having plans to attack other nations. I can assure you we have plans to attack every nation based on different types of events. It's called being prepared for the worst case scenario.

Old 10-24-2010, 05:10 PM

1,807 posts, read 3,324,862 times
i hope you don't think typing a lot proves whatever point you're trying to get across.
the imbecility behind comparing hitler and nazi germany to saddam and iraq is mind boggling.

Quote:
Did they have WMD's ALSO and use them to kill their own people? I'd support such an invasion,
Saudi arabia where most of the hijackers were from and *shockingly* where bin laden also originates not only has a long record of human rights violations, but terrorist groups as well. oh wait this doesn't matter right? it makes more sense to invade iraq, who was as big of a threat to the US as an ant is to a lion
your support for "invading" other countries is stupid, as if U.S led invasions and intervention in other countries in recent history have actually been on noble/altruistic motives
why hasn't the U.S invaded darfur, where far more devastation and genocide has occurred? Sudan, Congo.. why arent they "liberating" these people from famine and genocide? is it because theres nothing there to benefit from? no infrastructure to make billions of dollars from rebuilding?
yea but you'd "support" those types of invasions. that's what's wrong with this country, brain dead sheep nodding "yes" to whatever the government tells them.
oh big scary Iraq was training al qaeda OOOOOOH im so scared, let's invade them, make iraq the focus of this "war against terror" and leave afghanistan as an after thought, where al qaeda was actually operating from. the boogeyman is in iraq MISSION ACCOMPLISHED we're liberators yay liberators sadam is like hitler and this is a noble war like world war 2 was. let's call people liberals who disagree with us yayyyy fox news yay

Old 10-24-2010, 05:12 PM

1,807 posts, read 3,324,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Concentration camps for women, children and the elderly. Death to everyone else. Mass genocide based on peoples heritage. Mass graves (although they didn't "cremate" them in giant ovens). Intentional starvation. The use of aid to buy weapons and influence. There were many similarities. The sad part is that we know what happens when you sit around and do nothing with people like Saddam and his sons. Saddam came in to power much like Lenin did, by summarily murdering any dissenters after his election.

The Avalon Project : Munich Pact 9/29/38

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JojVRTbauIU

As far as having plans to attack other nations. I can assure you we have plans to attack every nation based on different types of events. It's called being prepared for the worst case scenario.
oh ok ok ok how about
darfur
sudan
congo

2.2 million people in famine, over a million killed in darfur alone. where is the great noble U.S intervention in these countries?
sad @ anyone who seriously believes we invaded iraq to "help" the poor iraqis
what a joke

Old 10-24-2010, 05:14 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,830,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Not what I got.

WikiLeaks Iraq War Logs: No Evidence of Massive WMD Caches

Quote:
The nearly 400,000 Iraq war log documents released by WikiLeaks on Friday were full of evidence of abuses, civilian deaths and the chaos of war, but clear evidence of weapons of mass destruction - the Bush administration's justification for invading Iraq - appears to be missing.
WikiLeaks Iraq War Logs: No Evidence of Massive WMD Caches - World Watch - CBS News

Old 10-24-2010, 05:15 PM

Quote:
no you're wrong that poverty stricken country with at least 28% unemployment and heavy sanctions was secretly training al-qaeda. lol
and i wonder what country helped build up iraq's military power in 1982... hmmm... gee i can't think for myself but it must've been other terrorists!

look, buddies:
Quote:
Another pillar of the Administration argument, which has applications for the
current U.S. effort to stabilize Iraq, rested on reports of contacts between Baghdad
and an Islamist Al Qaeda affiliate group, called Ansar al-Islam, based in northern Iraq
in the late 1990s. Although the connections between Ansar al-Islam and Saddam
Hussein’s regime were subject to debate, the organization evolved into what is now
known as Al Qaeda in Iraq (AQ-I). AQ-I has been a numerically small but
operationally major component of the Sunni Arab-led insurgency that frustrated U.S.
efforts to stabilize Iraq. Since mid-2007, in part facilitated by combat conducted by
additional U.S. forces sent to Iraq as part of a “troop surge,†the U.S. military has
exploited differences between AQ-I and Iraqi Sunni political, tribal, and insurgent
leaders to virtually expel AQ-I from many of its sanctuaries particularly in Baghdad
and in Anbar Province.

The leader of the Arab contingent within Ansar al-Islam was Abu Musab al-
Zarqawi, an Arab of Jordanian origin who reputedly fought in Afghanistan. Although
more recent assessments indicate Zarqawi commanded Arab volunteers in
Afghanistan separate from those recruited by bin Laden, Zarqawi was linked to
purported Al Qaeda plots in the 1990s and early 2000s. He allegedly was behind
foiled bombings in Jordan during the December 1999 millennium celebration, to the
assassination in Jordan of U.S. diplomat Lawrence Foley (2002), and to reported
attempts in 2002 to spread chemical agents in Russia, Western Europe, and the
United States.19
http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/terror/RL32217.pdf

Old 10-24-2010, 05:16 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,197,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
The sad part is that we know what happens when you sit around and do nothing with people like Saddam and his sons. Saddam came in to power much like Lenin did, by summarily murdering any dissenters after his election.
Have we so soon forgotten that Saddam Hussien was a CIA asset and was an integral part of the 1959 coup that led to the Baathist rule for the next 30+ years?

Saddam may have been a vile dictator but he was OUR vile dictator and just one more in a long series of US backed dictators, some of which were installed after overthrowing democratic governments.

How easy it is to point and say, look at he bad man, pay no mind we pulled him out of our pocket and put him on the table.

One more trip down American interventionist lane.

Old 10-24-2010, 05:18 PM

Quote:
oh ok ok ok how about
darfur
sudan
congo

2.2 million people in famine, over a million killed in darfur alone. where is the great noble U.S intervention in these countries?
sad @ anyone who seriously believes we invaded iraq to "help" the poor iraqis
what a joke
Tell that to the 19 million Iraqis who can now vote for their future and have a say in it. Yes there are all sorts of people all across the world who are in famine. The rest is all geopolitical of which I expect you know absolutely nothing about.

Old 10-24-2010, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
Have we so soon forgotten that Saddam Hussien was a CIA asset and was an integral part of the 1959 coup that led to the Baathist rule for the next 30+ years?

Saddam may have been a vile dictator but he was OUR vile dictator and just one more in a long series of US backed dictators, some of which were installed after overthrowing democratic governments.

How easy it is to point and say, look at he bad man, pay no mind we pulled him out of our pocket and put him on the table.

One more trip down American interventionist lane.
Quote:
From 1958 to 1960, despite Kassem's harsh repression, the Eisenhower administration abided him as a counter to Washington's Arab nemesis of the era, Gamal Abdel Nasser of Egypt -- much as Ronald Reagan and George H. W. Bush would aid Saddam Hussein in the 1980's against the common foe of Iran. By 1961, the Kassem regime had grown more assertive. Seeking new arms rivaling Israel's arsenal, threatening Western oil interests, resuming his country's old quarrel with Kuwait, talking openly of challenging the dominance of America in the Middle East -- all steps Saddam Hussein was to repeat in some form -- Kassem was regarded by Washington as a dangerous leader who must be removed.
A Tyrant 40 Years in the Making - New York Times

I haven't forgotten. Is that all the more reason to remove him or just allow him to continue doing what he was doing? What he was doing at the time was using US aid to buy weapons from countries that aren't particularly interested in seeing America as the sole superpower. That stance is understandable since most leaders want to rule the world or see the one ruling it gone or diminished. That area of the world is important, very important and for America's security it's important that we have allies there. The big question is are we adding or taking away the chances to have allies there with our actions. It will always be a point of disagreement.

Old 10-24-2010, 05:22 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,314,858 times
Wait a minute.

Liberals said we went to Iraq for the Oil and when they found we got ZERO oil they did the liberal thing and switched to the WMDS.

When we did find the WMD's Bush allowed them to then control the meaning of what a WMD was.

Now this, so the American liberals who did everything under the sun to help us lose a war in Iraq ( Harry and Barry both said the war was lost ) and put our soldiers in a worse position by making up lies ( Jack Murtha comes to mind ) are caught being wrong again.

Wait for the loons to completely go nuts when something is found that is concrete evidence they will be sure to give the idiot in the WH the credit for it as he needs something to go his way so badly.

Liberals, wrong on everything as usual.

Is Obama making money from the minerals in the Afghan hills?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies