Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should high level executives of corporations benefiting from corporate welfare including bailouts be
Yes 20 66.67%
No 5 16.67%
There should be no mandatory drug testing based on government aid 5 16.67%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 10:44 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,193,530 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
Should the CEOs and top level executives of corporations that recieve bailouts, subsidies, etc. from government be forced to take mandatory drug tests?

sure thing, and make all people on welfare take drug tests, alchohol and nicotine tests as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2010, 11:46 PM

20,292 posts, read 37,167,593 times
Also for members of Congress

Old 10-15-2010, 09:02 AM

4,049 posts, read 2,740,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
sure thing, and make all people on welfare take drug tests, alchohol and nicotine tests as well.
So you are for states to spend MORE on testing for welfare recipients?

Old 10-15-2010, 09:10 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,922,559 times
IIRC, many of those receiving "bailouts" were forced to do so against their will. So, does the OP agree that all of Congress, SCOTUS, and the executive branch POTUS and cabinet/czars, anyone receiveing a government paycheck in any form, should also be subjected to mandatory drug tests prior to requiring mandatory drug tests in the private sector?

Old 10-15-2010, 09:15 AM

2,564 posts, read 1,595,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by majoun View Post
Should the CEOs and top level executives of corporations that recieve bailouts, subsidies, etc. from government be forced to take mandatory drug tests?
If they are going to do it to the poor and unemployed, then by all means recipients of corporate welfare should have to comply to the same laws!

Old 10-15-2010, 09:21 AM

7,931 posts, read 15,817,492 times
I think all people who receive assistance from the taxpayers, whether they be people or corporations (including companies that get government contracts), should be drug tested. Actually, the first people we should drug test should be the POLITICIANS!! We might be surprised at the results!

Old 10-15-2010, 10:40 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,922,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
I think all people who receive assistance from the taxpayers, whether they be people or corporations (including companies that get government contracts), should be drug tested. Actually, the first people we should drug test should be the POLITICIANS!! We might be surprised at the results!
Only if you've never watched C-Span. Some of our elected representatives have been partaking in mind altering substances, not doubt about it. They should be forced to exhale into a breathalizer before casting any and every vote as a starter. The President should be tested regularly as well.

Old 11-21-2010, 01:28 AM

202 posts, read 352,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 73-79 ford fan View Post
No bailouts, instead jail time for those criminals cause the bailouts are just a massive transfer of wealth and fix nothing.
^^This.

Old 11-21-2010, 01:32 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,922,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
I like you Sunny-Days90, and yes i agree with you here. Not all but most people on welfare, are those who are lazy and can work, but believe in the Dem way, taking something for nothing. End welfare, and this problem should vanish, but with the Democratic Way, will never happen, we all know that, they need this bunch, for votes, remember.
Not only that but the Democrats also thrive on the victim class. If victimhood wasn't a part of politics, I'm willing to bet at most, 10% of the population would vote for Democrats, and those would be the hardcore liberal Pelosi-type crowd

Old 11-21-2010, 01:41 AM

20,955 posts, read 5,543,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
We do not do it for the lazy welfare bums who steal from us taxpayers as we all know most of them are healthy enough to work so why should be do this?

Willing to bet that you wont find very many highly successful CEO's who are on drugs but you will find a high percent of loser bums sucking off the rest of us having drugs in their system.

End welfare for everyone and make losers earn their keep.
Since when are you "we all"? I think you are the first one who ought to be tested because I want to know just what you're taking! I'd love to get my hands on some of that so I could walk through the days of my life with the kind of delusional self-absorption you seem to be displaying here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies