Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2010, 07:59 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,549,443 times

Advertisements

Look I stopped posting on here for a long time now because of all this "the blacks are taking over crap" If you want to be racist then be racist, man up,stop using black racist to justify your actions. I don't know why that judge said that but I would guess just like any black in a position like that,just like me at work and many others he see what happens all the time. White people in charge always throw the book at blacks and find the leniency clause with whites more often than not. But you will never hear tea party types admit that because in truth they feel that is the way it should be.
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2010, 08:05 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,549,443 times
See tea party statement. I'm much older than that and black and never been in front of the judge. I know many that have not,but people like you want to come up with this stuff to justify your feelings. Man up and be who you are stop using stupid statements like that. In my county plenty a white boy have seen the judge and I bet equal crime did not get equal time.

Old 10-10-2010, 10:25 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,181,328 times
Default Actually,

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Did he make a racist disparging comment towards the defendant or the Attorney, no, so I will not say he's a racists. Did he show bias, YES, he could have just rejected the plea without making the idiotic statement that was made. Did he lie, most likely no, but then again, what is the history of the Prosecutors and his plea deals.
Based on what the judge said, In court, Williams told Assistant District Attorney Brian Catanzarite that he "for some reason comes up with I think ridiculous pleas whenever it's a young white guy," according to The Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. "I'm just telling you what my observation is. If this had been a black kid who did the same thing, we wouldn't be talking about three months' probation." , It can be inferred that he was saying the prosecutor, (who was a stand in for the guy who actually brokered the deal), was being called biased. By saying, that he feels that if it was a black kid it wouldn't be the same deal, and saying that, "for some reason comes up with I think ridiculous pleas whenever it's a young white guy," it's basically saying that he does one thing for someone who is black, and something out for someone who is white. That's called Bias, and not Racist.

For those who don't know the difference, RACISM is the belief that differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, or hatred or intolerance of another race, where as BIAS would be that a group of people are being treated differently than another group of people.

If the District Attorney hated, was intolerant of a race other than his own, that would be racist, if he TREATED one group different than another, that's BIASED.

Old 10-10-2010, 10:28 AM

3,644 posts, read 10,962,705 times
But as of now, he's just practicing a lesser form of racism

"lesser"? Statements like these, and those of the judge, give skinheads fuel for their fires.

Old 10-10-2010, 10:31 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,181,328 times
Default crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc99 View Post
Not could have should have. If I were assaulting you and I say nothing it's just assault. If I assault you and say the resaon that I'm assaulting you is because of race, thats a hate crime and prosecuted differently. The judge made a decision based on race, he said as much.
1. Crime is crime.

2. Most crimes are not committed because you LIKE someone.

3. The idea a crime is worse because you don't like someone is inane.

Assault is assault, and should be treated as such. Punish a person based on their actions, not their thoughts.

Old 10-10-2010, 10:33 AM

1,700 posts, read 3,431,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
1. Crime is crime.

2. Most crimes are not committed because you LIKE someone.

3. The idea a crime is worse because you don't like someone is inane.

Assault is assault, and should be treated as such. Punish a person based on their actions, not their thoughts.
I totally agree, however the law says different.

Old 10-10-2010, 10:51 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,860,118 times
Quote:
Not could have should have. If I were assaulting you and I say nothing it's just assault. If I assault you and say the resaon that I'm assaulting you is because of race, thats a hate crime and prosecuted differently. The judge made a decision based on race, he said as much.
Allegheny County judge: 'White boys' given deals - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review

During the hearing, defense attorney Giuseppe Roselli questioned whether Williams was rejecting the plea because McGowan is white.
"Not because he's white, but because it's a ridiculous plea that only goes to white boys that come into this court for the same facts, and I'm not going for it," the judge responded.

Old 10-10-2010, 10:54 AM

4,421 posts, read 6,285,149 times
He looked at the color of the defendant's skin instead of the individual case. He should be removed from the bench. Pure and simple.

Old 10-10-2010, 11:24 AM

1,700 posts, read 3,431,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
Allegheny County judge: 'White boys' given deals - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review

During the hearing, defense attorney Giuseppe Roselli questioned whether Williams was rejecting the plea because McGowan is white.
"Not because he's white, but because it's a ridiculous plea that only goes to white boys that come into this court for the same facts, and I'm not going for it," the judge responded.
He said no, then pretty much said yes. Whats your point?

Old 10-10-2010, 11:55 AM

59,509 posts, read 27,639,962 times
Quote:
I totally agree, however the law says different.
The last I heard It is illegal to discriminate. if you know of another law, please let us know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies